Sponsor Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 09:57 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough
Re: Sponsor Issues

Originally Posted by glingglo
I think that people are missing the point a bit realy, you are all looking at a big distinction between Riders and Spomsors when the fact is this SPORT in todays terms is miniscule!

The sponsors are usually riders with engineers-mechancic-bike shop background and have seen a market grow and not being the best riders have taken up creating products to to sell for the best riders...

ie its a small, very political personal scene which is starting to become a business.... Most of the retailers will tell you they do not make on stunting and most of the promoters will tell you the same... This is of course half true and half bullshit... I think:

As with FMX and Skateboarding this sport definitely will become a giant in just a few years (it is growing worldwide on a massive scale not just in the states!) The promoters and sponsors know this and are holding out for the real money... when the scales are tipped like in any other market the very large companies will jump on the wagon and undercut the original and small businesses (or simply buy them out)

The top riders sponsorships will be worth a living wage and then some-big payouts-appearence money etc..... Check out BMW's involvement in stunt riding aka Chris P and Teach etc Now they are a very big company with an enourmous budget for mainstream TV ads and marketing.... They realise that by having the most talented and extreme riders on their bikes then young people will look up to their brand hence changing their old man image... Why? Well not because they love stunting but because they want to sell bikes to young people, who would have thought that watching Teach 4 years ago?!!!!!

The bottom line, the very least a business can do for it's sponsored rider no matter How big or small they are or what they say, is to give their products for free, unless they do, it's not sponsorship....
Good point. However.

For example. Tim Barnes at Free Style helped our team out. A lot.
I never got free **** unless it was smaller stuff. But he hooked me and team members up. Our team helped him get into local shops and referred he's product. The exposure our team offered matched the support we got from him. I thought the sponsorship was fair without getting free ****. And he did help with travel expenses from time to time.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:41 AM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd love to know what ******* fantacy world whichever squid lives in where sponsors pay for everything......get real people. I don't know why the hell people think that bitching and whining is gonna promote the sport and help it grow.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:57 AM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

products at cost is not being sponsored?
Old 01-20-2008, 11:08 AM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

who's your sponsors??? I don't see any stickers, signature, etc... on your profile.

If I was a sponsor I would want my riders to have an open door policy when it comes to input and issues and not bash them on public forums. I would want a signature or something in your profile to help promote the products.

I would want exposure which means comps, dvds, magazines, etc....

Being a post ***** on SL isn't deemed as "Exposure"

People that post threads like these will find it difficult to get another sponsor.

Just my 2 cents.....Holla
Old 01-20-2008, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by BVRider1
who's your sponsors??? I don't see any stickers, signature, etc... on your profile.

If I was a sponsor I would want my riders to have an open door policy when it comes to input and issues and not bash them on public forums. I would want a signature or something in your profile to help promote the products.

People that post threads like these will find it difficult to get another sponsor.

fo sure

Last edited by Crash Nash; 01-20-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by E-Loc540
products at cost is not being sponsored?

are you asking or telling
Old 01-20-2008, 01:35 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Crash Nash
I'd love to know what ******* fantacy world whichever squid lives in where sponsors pay for everything......get real people. I don't know why the hell people think that bitching and whining is gonna promote the sport and help it grow.

you 2 can not be ******* serious
Old 01-20-2008, 01:42 PM

1SMF is an unknown quantity at this point

We give out free Craft Helmets to many riders we feel need the support and are a positive to the sport. I do not really think of it as Sponsoring. I think of it as good exposure for us, SMF and Craft.

True Sponsoring implies paying the rider to use and endorse the product.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:47 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

This thread is dead
either "GET OFF THE FENCE" and speak out and name your sponsor or quit your bitching and switch to another comapany.
This is the very reason there is so much bullshit and drama on SL.
Unless your trying to get this up to 13 pages
Old 01-20-2008, 01:48 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 1SMF
We give out free Craft Helmets to many riders we feel need the support and are a positive to the sport. I do not really think of it as Sponsoring. I think of it as good exposure for us, SMF and Craft.

True Sponsoring implies paying the rider to use and endorse the product.
And chris do you feel you get your money back then some from doing this by means of exposure or people basicly selling your product for you
Old 01-20-2008, 01:50 PM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

Don't mean to interupt ***** but its both, no sponsor is going to give their riders free **** if no one is buying it.
You have to represent the product and push it as well.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:25 PM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suicidl
you 2 can not be ******* serious
yup, as serious as wanting free **** from their sponsors when one doesn't even compete or even try to qualify in the largest stunt event this time of year. Not like you live 20 hrs away from FL.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:48 PM

yup, as serious as wanting free **** from their sponsors when one doesn't even compete or even try to qualify in the largest stunt event this time of year. Not like you live 20 hrs away from FL.

owned
Old 01-20-2008, 02:56 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

you gotta be kidding, I'm guessing O-town throwdown, stuntshine state, or intersection doesnt ring a bell for you? ***** does get "exposure". I dont know if he competes, but you usually always see him at any big ride/comp/get-together on the east coast.

Your power wheelies arent helping the sport either

owned
no, read my response, thats owned
Old 01-20-2008, 03:04 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by Beto
you gotta be kidding, I'm guessing O-town throwdown, stuntshine state, or intersection doesnt ring a bell for you? ***** does get "exposure". I dont know if he competes, but you usually always see him at any big ride/comp/get-together on the east coast.
And that makes sense.
Not saying he doesn't put into the sport. Much respect for he's riding.
However does that sell said sponsors merchandise?
Old 01-20-2008, 03:08 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Schwartz
And that makes sense.
Well in my opinion yes, at least for me it works. After seeing all the craze about o-town, and seeing ***** and garys style of riding in the vids, I went out and bought nothing but S.I. products because I knew they had to be diesel to take the abuse. Also the only shop I order from is HAI, because of stuntshine state.

Same for when they were just rocking MXD, I had that on my bike....So I know I dont count, I'm just a little ant in this whole stunt "world" but thats just my
Old 01-20-2008, 03:11 PM
I Love To Post!

And that makes sense.
Prospective sponsors don't owe the rider's a thing. You as a rider are asking permission to get free ****. The way I see it you as rider's owe it to the sponsors to show what you can do for them.

Hell for all I know he has done more then he's part. I am just stating in general to many riders show up with palms up expecting to "GET".
Old 01-20-2008, 03:12 PM

Old 01-20-2008, 03:13 PM

Well in my opinion yes, at least for me it works. After seeing all the craze about o-town, and seeing ***** and garys style of riding in the vids, I went out and bought nothing but S.I. products because I knew they had to be diesel to take the abuse. Also the only shop I order from is HAI, because of stuntshine state.

Same for when they were just rocking MXD, I had that on my bike....So I know I dont count, I'm just a little ant in this whole stunt "world" but thats just my

yeah you are just an ant cause it takes a nobody to try to put some elses skills down to attempt to make themselves feel better. I may not agree with ***** on this issue but I would never stoop so low as to put down his skills....Hell he even tried to hook me up with a set of throttle bodies. But anyways Beto I didn't see your *** at stuntwars practicing and ridding all week and on top of that you have never even seen me ride so who the **** are you to rag on my skills you ******* squid
Old 01-20-2008, 03:16 PM

yeah you are just an ant cause it takes a nobody to try to put some elses skills down to attempt to make themselves feel better. I may not agree with ***** on this issue but I would never stoop so low as to put down his skills....Hell he even tried to hook me up with a set of throttle bodies. But anyways Beto I didn't see your *** at stuntwars practicing and ridding all week and on top of that you have never even seen me ride so who the **** are you to rag on my skills you ******* squid
I did see you ride

yeah you are just an ant cause it takes a nobody to try to put some elses skills down to attempt to make themselves feel better

you have never even seen me ride so who the **** are you to rag on my skills you ******* squid
HI POT

Just hearing you talk whenever you came down to B-ham I could tell whats up Mr. "IlearnedBPsoNowIcanTeachYou", you know how else I know, when you took your gixxer up and down the lot flying by, and then you stopped and asked us how high your tire was ...but anyways, this isnt about you or me, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and have some fun while I did it

Last edited by Beto; 01-20-2008 at 03:22 PM. Reason: forgot

Quick Reply: Sponsor Issues