Sponsor Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 06:26 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Boxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sponsor Issues

Originally Posted by Schwartz
I tried to see what I could do for my sponsors not what they could do for me. Then most the time they were generous.

Maybe your sponsor is telling you something???
Where's your sponsors vid?
Old 01-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

What company is it?

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:31 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Boxer
Or atleast your bike
Originally Posted by Old Duffer
What company is it?
it will come out in time
Old 01-19-2008, 06:32 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

yea u need to get off the fence and tell me witch company to boycott......

i will add it to the list
warped toys, mototown ect ect ect
Old 01-19-2008, 06:34 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think if you are pushing products as hard as i've seen you in the past u SHOULD be getting it for free! i pretty much live on SL at work in the winter since we're slow as hell and i've seen you give ALOT of advice and products and stuff... hell i have HAI plastered all over my bike and recommend them to anyone and everyone i come across. i've gotten them a really fair amount of business from alot of people where i live just because i know that they're good people to do business w/ and most places here suck ***! i've never been sponsered though (mainly caus im not all that good)
Old 01-19-2008, 06:35 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

it comes down to the fact that you are a creditable and successful ride and you should not be having sponsor trouble in your home state (guessing.... that is what it sounds like)

****'em there are bigger and better thing out there for you just hit the comps harder.......
Old 01-19-2008, 06:35 PM

steve02r6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well im from St. Johns only like 200 000 people here and we only have one dealer for Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, and Suzuki. I deal with my parts threw Honda one, and so does mostly everyone else with a bike in the city. I got full Icon gear for cost and get all my parts at a greater discount than anyone else and hopefully this summer they will be cost also, alls I have to do is rock the icon, parts canada, and honda one stickers on my bike and tell em to go see Terry at parts so wether thats is considering me sponsored or not I dont know. For anyone else that goes to him and thats a regular customer they usually get 15 percent discount he doesnt under cut us, so thats just my post on the hole topic.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:28 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

Not that i am at any level to be sponsored for stunting but when my sports team was sponsored thru diff businesses we did not have to pay for a thing.. registration, transportation , gear, got a per diem worked ! dump those chumps they are playing u for one!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
squid hunter

Originally Posted by gixer7fitty
Not that i am at any level to be sponsored for stunting but when my sports team was sponsored thru diff businesses we did not have to pay for a thing.. registration, transportation , gear, got a per diem worked ! dump those chumps they are playing u for one!
let me guess hockey ?!?!?!?!?!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:44 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

Originally Posted by Trick
let me guess hockey ?!?!?!?!?!
curling! would be nervous bout saying that but we got the gold medal! (newfoundland canada!)
Old 01-19-2008, 10:35 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

Originally Posted by suicidl

like thomas said get off the fence people

see...its like this...i would get off the fence...but i keep looking at this crazy frenchie with a cowboy hat on...and then i hear tecktonik music...and then i want to hide behind the fence...sorry buddy...
Old 01-20-2008, 12:11 AM

Dstunter is a decent person

need to know the sponser
Old 01-20-2008, 01:20 AM

Malefic is a decent person

You've got a point by saying if they won't toss their own rider a few products then what makes you think they'll go that extra step for the customer. I would say drop em, someone else is bound to make or sell what you needed etc... "You've got to give to get sometimes."
Old 01-20-2008, 01:35 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Malefic
You've got a point by saying if they won't toss their own rider a few products then what makes you think they'll go that extra step for the customer. I would say drop em, someone else is bound to make or sell what you needed etc... "You've got to give to get sometimes."
good point
Old 01-20-2008, 03:32 AM

mikkee is a decent person

The word sponsor is really starting to sound like nails on a chalk board...
Old 01-20-2008, 04:42 AM

k7-600 will become famous soon enough

Alot of these examples that are given pertain to different sports that are actually considered to be sports. snowboarding, skateboarding, hockey, even curling are on national tv on a regular basis. The only time wheelies are on tv is on the news warning my grandparents to avoid certain sections of the highway on certain nights.
All I'm trying to say is that there are alot more spectators viewing these other sports, so the businesses can afford to advertise, by giving away free products to athletes that will give them exposure. Stunting is still trying to get passed it's bad rep with events like Stuntwars and XDL, etc. and with shows like SuperBikes. Once Stunting is viewed as a sport, I think sponsorship will be much more valuable, for both the rider and the company.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:56 AM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

So basically you are one of their original riders and were responsible for getting their product into a few big stores and in turn they won't send you one small thing for free?

Sounds like a no brainer to me. Make them know what they're missing.

Small company or big company? i'd base my reaction on what they could actually do for me or how much i relied on their stuff before making any decisions.

Btw i',m not currently sponsored, so feel free to ignore my comments. if you want to help me with my current situation please form an orderly queue and send all mails to...
Old 01-20-2008, 05:26 AM

glingglo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that people are missing the point a bit realy, you are all looking at a big distinction between Riders and Spomsors when the fact is this SPORT in todays terms is miniscule!

The sponsors are usually riders with engineers-mechancic-bike shop background and have seen a market grow and not being the best riders have taken up creating products to to sell for the best riders...

ie its a small, very political personal scene which is starting to become a business.... Most of the retailers will tell you they do not make on stunting and most of the promoters will tell you the same... This is of cousre half true and half bullshit... I think:

As with FMX and Skateboarding this sport definately will become a giant in just a few years (it is growing worldwide on a massive scale not just in the states!) The promoters and sponsors know this and are holding out for the real money... when the scales are tipped like in any other market the very large companies will jump on the wagon and undercut the original and small businesses (or simply buy them out)

The top riders sponsorships will be worth a living wage and then some-big payouts-appearence money etc..... Check out BMW's involvement in stunt riding aka Chris P and Teach etc Now they are a very big company with an enourmous budget for mainstream TV ads and marketing.... They realise that by having the most talented and extreme riders on their bikes then young people will look up to their brand hence changing their old man image... Why? Well not because they love stunting but because they want to sell bikes to young people, who would have thought that watching Teach 4 years ago?!!!!!

The bottom line, the very least a business can do for it's sponsored rider no matter How big or small they are or what they say, is to give their products for free, unless they do, it's not sponsorship....
Old 01-20-2008, 05:34 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by N.Q.I_Dave
So basically you are one of their original riders and were responsible for getting their product into a few big stores and in turn they won't send you one small thing for free?

Sounds like a no brainer to me. Make them know what they're missing.

Small company or big company? i'd base my reaction on what they could actually do for me or how much i relied on their stuff before making any decisions.

Btw i',m not currently sponsored, so feel free to ignore my comments. if you want to help me with my current situation please form an orderly queue and send all mails to...
all replies are valuable

Originally Posted by glingglo
I think that people are missing the point a bit realy, you are all looking at a big distinction between Riders and Spomsors when the fact is this SPORT in todays terms is miniscule!

The sponsors are usually riders with engineers-mechancic-bike shop background and have seen a market grow and not being the best riders have taken up creating products to to sell for the best riders...

ie its a small, very political personal scene which is starting to become a business.... Most of the retailers will tell you they do not make on stunting and most of the promoters will tell you the same... This is of cousre half true and half bullshit... I think:

As with FMX and Skateboarding this sport definately will become a giant in just a few years (it is growing worldwide on a massive scale not just in the states!) The promoters and sponsors know this and are holding out for the real money... when the scales are tipped like in any other market the very large companies will jump on the wagon and undercut the original and small businesses (or simply buy them out)

The top riders sponsorships will be worth a living wage and then some-big payouts-appearence money etc..... Check out BMW's involvement in stunt riding aka Chris P and Teach etc Now they are a very big company with an enourmous budget for mainstream TV ads and marketing.... They realise that by having the most talented and extreme riders on their bikes then young people will look up to their brand hence changing their old man image... Why? Well not because they love stunting but because they want to sell bikes to young people, who would have thought that watching Teach 4 years ago?!!!!!

The bottom line, the very least a business can do for it's sponsored rider no matter How big or small they are or what they say, is to give their products for free, unless they do, it's not sponsorship....
great post thats looking outside the box
Old 01-20-2008, 09:48 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

What you talk-en about Willis???

Or atleast your bike
So I must of offended you?
I was just stating what I did. As in pasted tense.
And the fact that "Maybe" they were telling you something."
Nothing that was directed at you.
You had asked peoples thoughts. Maybe you should include that you only want people's input that defends your thoughts.

In my opinion it's hard work treating a sponsor correctly. Showing them the exposure that they can expect. Exposure that will signifagantly increase the sales of items from there company. A sales increase that would justify spending money on a sponsored rider.
My thoughts were not meant as anything personal just that riders should "MAYBE" take a look at the sponsor's side or it.

Quick Reply: Sponsor Issues