stock or not

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 12:38 AM

JvGSXR750 is an unknown quantity at this point
stock or not

I tried to make this a poll but what ever.
Who’s running stock gears ?
I went from a 42 to a 50 on my GSXR 750 , I just picked up 02 F4i it’s stock with a 46 , witch I’m sure you all know. just don’t know if I need to go big or not , if it is really necessary ?
Old 01-19-2008, 12:48 AM

jayrizo is a decent person
Re: stock or not

depends on what you want. for the lots i would go plus 10 and up. for a street killer go plus 5 to 8
Old 01-19-2008, 12:57 AM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

Im Learnin Stock Now An Got A 56tooth But Having 2nd Thoughts On Puttin It On... Im Doin Perfectly Fine With Stock.. Just Doin Some Slow Staggerd An Sit Downs Not Cirlcs Or Nothing.... Like Jayrizo Said Depends Wat U Want It For... If U Killin The Lots Then Go Up If U Street An Lots Stay On Wat U Got Or Go A Lil Bit Up//// Its All On The Rider/
Old 01-19-2008, 10:37 AM

illegal_skillz is a decent person

Like the other two said, all depends on what you want to do. If you want to hit the streets, high speed wheelies, get in trouble with the law, take a chance of really hurting are killing yourself, or being hit by a car, then stay with a stock sprocket, but to slow it down and do some lot stuff, I'd start out with like a 55t, learn on that and move bigger if you want.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:20 PM

ctlr600 is a decent person

I had stock gears last year, you can stunt em, I got a 60 tooth rear this year, used it once so far, the advantage is huge, just for engine brake.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:02 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Like everyone said, depends what you want

I've been riding with a 62 rear on my lot bike with stock on my street bike

getting ready to change it up, 65/ -2 on the lot bike, with a 60t on the street bike..

Within 2 days of getting the 62 tooth setup, I was doing circles.. I coudn't ever get slow enough before, and quit frankley never cared about slipping the clutch while first learning circles, or trying to do high speed cirlces and risk high siding hard lol

Originally Posted by ctlr600
I had stock gears last year, you can stunt em, I got a 60 tooth rear this year, used it once so far, the advantage is huge, just for engine brake.
Can you even slow a wheelie down? bigger sprockets or not..
Old 01-19-2008, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Like everyone said, depends what you want

I've been riding with a 62 rear on my lot bike with stock on my street bike

getting ready to change it up, 65/ -2 on the lot bike, with a 60t on the street bike..

Within 2 days of getting the 62 tooth setup, I was doing circles.. I coudn't ever get slow enough before, and quit frankley never cared about slipping the clutch while first learning circles, or trying to do high speed cirlces and risk high siding hard lol

Can you even slow a wheelie down? bigger sprockets or not..
You gonna roll a 60 on the street? You are a better man than I, I'll roll stock on my street forever, but before I went bigger on the F4i, I rolled a 55t on the street and that was plenty. Not saying you're wrong, just seems a little big for the street. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong
Old 01-19-2008, 01:13 PM

Hey Towlieee, where you at in MO?
Old 01-19-2008, 01:19 PM

Timmy P is a decent person

STOCK ! I dig it. I can rock circles and never once slipped the clutch during a circle. One day I will but havent gotten that good yet. I havent rode for about a week and a half. Its 23 degrees Im all loaded up and ready to head out today. I say If your good on a bike you wont have problems with stock gears. I think they make a lot of **** easyer because its not as touchy and choppy.. thats why I like it. I learned on a fiddy and its chop chop chop so It gave me bad throttle control. And I kinda like killin it and people at the lot knotice im on stock sprockets and they go crazy. Just try it out and see if you like it.. Chances are you just might like stock.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:20 PM

georgeeboy is a decent person

**** it, I got a 60, ride the lots and the streets, its all good, just got to do more oil changes thats all
Old 01-19-2008, 01:21 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by illegal_skillz
Hey Towlieee, where you at in MO?
St. joe, just a short junt north of kc :YEAH

I need a trailer though.. So I can ride down there without fear of getting stuck with a broke bike lol

You gonna roll a 60 on the street? You are a better man than I, I'll roll stock on my street forever, but before I went bigger on the F4i, I rolled a 55t on the street and that was plenty. Not saying you're wrong, just seems a little big for the street. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong
I don't think a 60t is needed for streets, but my street bike is also my lot bike.. I just happen to ride it everywhere lol

I dunno what I NEED for stunting, but I like how my friends feels with a 62t setup, so I'm gonna rock close the same on mine

Plus my 2nd gear is blown out, so if I can make 3rd feel like 2nd on the highway ,that would kick *** :YEAH

But the other bike I ride (my friends red f4i) isn't registered or insured and will NEVER see streets, so were going really aggressive with it
Old 01-19-2008, 01:22 PM

I never said it couldn't be done, just a lot easier with big sprockets to slow a wheelie down. You have to be a really good rider to do that on stock. I've seen it, I just think it's safer with a big sprocket.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:25 PM

St. joe, just a short junt north of kc :YEAH

I need a trailer though.. So I can ride down there without fear of getting stuck with a broke bike lol

I don't think a 60t is needed for streets, but my street bike is also my lot bike.. I just happen to ride it everywhere lol

I dunno what I NEED for stunting, but I like how my friends feels with a 62t setup, so I'm gonna rock close the same on mine

Plus my 2nd gear is blown out, so if I can make 3rd feel like 2nd on the highway ,that would kick *** :YEAH

But the other bike I ride (my friends red f4i) isn't registered or insured and will NEVER see streets, so were going really aggressive with it
Yeah, I know where St. Joe is, you gonna be riding in March? And I thought you meant you had two bikes, one for lots and one for streets, that's why I asked about the street one and a big sprocket, but sense it's the same one, that's all cool.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by georgeeboy
**** it, I got a 60, ride the lots and the streets, its all good, just got to do more oil changes thats all
I can imagine bro, that high a RPM's all the time, wow. I think that's why I own two bikes, so if I wanna ride the streets, I can without a problem
Old 01-19-2008, 01:30 PM

Yeah, I know where St. Joe is, you gonna be riding in March? And I thought you meant you had two bikes, one for lots and one for streets, that's why I asked about the street one and a big sprocket, but sense it's the same one, that's all cool.
well I ***** my friends bike out, he has a f4i that I ride just about more then him

So I pretty much always call it my parking lot bike, and MY REAL bike I call my street bike

I'll definitely be riding in march. Hell hopfully I'l be riding next weekend if there is no snow and 30f+ weather :YEAH

I don't think I rode with you, but I came down and rode with some guys from kc like 3 months ago
I got jstuntlocke and deeznuts contact info so I can holler at them when I come to ride again :YEAH

Around here it sucks.. No one REALLY stunts.. My friends come out and ride my **** but thats it for stunting lol..
I got one friend who stunts, but he works around the clock and doesn't get much riding time in
Old 01-19-2008, 01:32 PM

DBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to allDBoy is a name known to all

Try stock gear first for acouple months then get a 9 up sprocket and you go do lot and highway with that
Old 01-19-2008, 01:32 PM

JvGSXR750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bent Rim Tim
STOCK ! I dig it. I can rock circles and never once slipped the clutch during a circle. One day I will but havent gotten that good yet. I havent rode for about a week and a half. Its 23 degrees Im all loaded up and ready to head out today. I say If your good on a bike you wont have problems with stock gears. I think they make a lot of **** easyer because its not as touchy and choppy.. thats why I like it. I learned on a fiddy and its chop chop chop so It gave me bad throttle control. And I kinda like killin it and people at the lot knotice im on stock sprockets and they go crazy. Just try it out and see if you like it.. Chances are you just might like stock.
My thoughts Exactly rock the stock
Old 01-19-2008, 01:34 PM

well I ***** my friends bike out, he has a f4i that I ride just about more then him

So I pretty much always call it my parking lot bike, and MY REAL bike I call my street bike

I'll definitely be riding in march. Hell hopfully I'l be riding next weekend if there is no snow and 30f+ weather :YEAH

I don't think I rode with you, but I came down and rode with some guys from kc like 3 months ago
I got jstuntlocke and deeznuts contact info so I can holler at them when I come to ride again :YEAH

Around here it sucks.. No one REALLY stunts.. My friends come out and ride my **** but thats it for stunting lol..
I got one friend who stunts, but he works around the clock and doesn't get much riding time in
I haven't rode there for awhile now, so yeah, we've never rode, but I'll be back up that way in March, that's why I asked. I'll be sure to let you know when I'm that way and see what's up
Old 01-19-2008, 01:37 PM

georgeeboy is a decent person

I can imagine bro, that high a RPM's all the time, wow. I think that's why I own two bikes, so if I wanna ride the streets, I can without a problem
Yeah I want to get a 636 for the streets. They are the best street killers!:YEAH
Old 01-19-2008, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by georgeeboy
Yeah I want to get a 636 for the streets. They are the best street killers!:YEAH
True, I went with the 1000rr as my street, I can rock some nice wheelies down the highway and have the speed and power to get away if need be. Ya know.