2005 r6 help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 03:43 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person
Re: 2005 r6 help

Originally Posted by Ryan R
i've been running 16/60(-1/+12) which i think is almost too much, and i'm thinking exactly what your thinking.

........thaaaaaaaat you should be running 15/54???
Old 01-19-2008, 03:57 AM

Ryan R is a decent person

wait the front is 17 stock right?

if i did it again i would go like 16/54...
Old 01-19-2008, 03:58 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.

wait the front is 17 stock right?

if i did it again i would go like 16/54...
no.. stock gearing is 16/48.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:59 AM

my bad, i'm 15/60 then.
and yeah i would rather be like 15/54.
***** twitchy as f*
Old 01-19-2008, 08:00 AM

Scotty7one7 is a decent person

u guys are just telling him the truth...hes not clutching up to balance point rite away....he needs to understand its a totally different bike with big gearing like that
Old 01-19-2008, 01:17 PM

r1ryden is a decent person

ya ill try clutching up from a stop? im just used to my 900 because that thing can stand up from a stop with no clutch. Ive never setup a r6 for stunt before so i just went with the same setup as the 900? the bike isnt buring out it,its like if you are standing stagred on the rear peg rolling like under 5mph and give it throttle it just sticks the front wheel to the ground?Well thanks guys for your commets ( good&bad) lol

Ill see if i can post up some vid of me rockin the r6.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:40 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

are you clutching your wheelies up or trying to power them up?

Clutch it striahg to balance point.. Hitting balance point at slow speed and keeping it there is much easier then trying to slow a fast wheelie down

How slow can you ride a wheelie? Honestly.. Don't lie.. If you can rock em steady under 15mph, then go back to stock sprockets tell you can..
Old 01-19-2008, 01:51 PM

I can bring em up and keep em under 20mph on my 900? i will get it down i was just shocked that my r6 didnt pull up faster than my 900? And the whole reason for me posting was to see if i greared it wrong or to see if other riders that have r6s have experinced the same thing, it wasnt so people could question my riding ablity.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:02 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by r1ryden
I can bring em up and keep em under 20mph on my 900? i will get it down i was just shocked that my r6 didnt pull up faster than my 900? And the whole reason for me posting was to see if i greared it wrong or to see if other riders that have r6s have experinced the same thing, it wasnt so people could question my riding ablity.
time to be mr. reality again......u can bring a 900 up from a dead stop on throttle alone? bullshit! first of all if you dont have the clutch disenaged while ur at a dead stop the bike will stall. if ur at a dead stop u have to clutch in therfor no way you can power up from a dead stop. and even if ur crusing at 5mph thers no way your just gonna crack on the throttle and that bike is gonna pop right up into idle/bp.....itll roll out for a second or two and then gradually do a power wheelie, regardless of gearing. seriously, if u cant wheelie that bike youre a ******* idiot and should quit stunting right now before you get hurt and waste a lot of time money and embarassment. like i always say, im a helpful guy but some ppl are helpless. you are one of them, its not ******* rocket science to wheelie a bike. i mean if u had some sort of specific mechanical problem going then so be it but youre just not doing what youre supposed to be doing in order to wheelie a bike. with -1 +12 that bike should wheelie by itself, so you are the weakest link in the equation which means give or sell the bike to someone who isnt too retarded to figure out how to use it.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:13 PM

Ok you are right MR. BAD *** stunt rider, i suck and you are The best rider in the whole world congrats!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 02:22 PM

honestly bro... not talking ****, but with gearing like that... you shoulda been outta the power wheelie stage long ago. clutch it up, or give it up... it's simple as that. there is no stunt called a "pow-wow", thats just squiddin'. i suggest you take the gearing off, and learn to bring that bike up in first off clutch. then put the gearing back on and clutch up from stop and immediately start catchin idle. this bike is soooo simple it will make you good fast.

learn the basics, standups sitdowns... then get em both on idle, after that... its up to you.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:27 PM

ok to get this thread back topic.. if i go +1 or + two on the front sprocket will it rev slower? I have the basics down i just dont like the way the r6 is setup.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:34 PM

ok to get this thread back topic.. if i go +1 or + two on the front sprocket will it rev slower? I have the basics down i just dont like the way the r6 is setup.

if you go + on the front you will go faster top speed, and have more revs. you power is now spread on a broader range... thats why we subtract up front... it cranks faster. subtracting in the rear does the same ****... adds more speed.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:42 PM

research what gearing actually does. i think your a little confused.

when the front sprocket has teeth taken off, it shortens the final gear ratio, -1 in front is similar to +2/+3 on the rear sprocket. conversely, if you add teeth to the front sprocket, it will lengthen the final gear ratio.

the rear is the exact opposite, add teeth = shorter gears, take teeth away = longer gears.

by longer i mean greater top speed while in that gear. when you shorten them, it takes away from the top speed, but adds torque/power to the rear wheel.

this however is no substitute for practice. i'm not the greatest at it in the world either, but i know what i have to do, think about it for awhile. make sense?
Old 01-19-2008, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by SYTFU_R6
if you go + on the front you will go faster top speed, and have more revs. you power is now spread on a broader range... thats why we subtract up front... it cranks faster. subtracting in the rear does the same ****... adds more speed.
+1
took me awhile to type so i didn't see that.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:46 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Ok you are right MR. BAD *** stunt rider, i suck and you are The best rider in the whole world congrats!!!
well u got 2 of those 3 statements correct. i am pretty bad *** and you do suck....get a 4 wheeler its more your speed
Old 01-19-2008, 03:00 PM

ya get the whole gearing ratio, but differnt bikes react to different sprocket setups, so im just trying to find a good setup for slow wheelies and some street use to for my r6. Rember guys i just put on my sprocket on my bike yesterday and rode it down my street and back..thats it i was just shocked that it didnt do a instant back filp... At any rate we are going riding 2marow and ill have some time with it..
Old 01-19-2008, 03:11 PM

research what gearing actually does. i think your a little confused.

when the front sprocket has teeth taken off, it shortens the final gear ratio, -1 in front is similar to +2/+3 on the rear sprocket. conversely, if you add teeth to the front sprocket, it will lengthen the final gear ratio.

the rear is the exact opposite, add teeth = shorter gears, take teeth away = longer gears.

by longer i mean greater top speed while in that gear. when you shorten them, it takes away from the top speed, but adds torque/power to the rear wheel.

this however is no substitute for practice. i'm not the greatest at it in the world either, but i know what i have to do, think about it for awhile. make sense?

are you sure thats isnt exactly what i said.....