New tank dent grip....

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 03:06 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New tank dent grip....

lol.....gotta love that!!!
I like the all black one better anyways. Lemme know how you like it, mine wont be going on until paint is finished.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:20 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like my luck is rubbin off....

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that kinda stuff happens to!

Your'e also probably gonna have to cut a bunch away from that thing anyways to make it fit bro. You probably wouldv'e gotten into the stars some as it is anyways. I think it looks like it would work as a whole piece on the older style tanks, not like on ours with that stupid plastic shroud in the front.... we are only denting like 1/3 of a "normal" dent on these things anyways....

Kinda another reason why I went with the 5 piece design too....

I'm curious about the difference in glue from your manufacturer and the one we used though. The glue is going to be the trick probably. Our place claimed to send out some new "German glue" or somin like that with them...
Old 01-19-2008, 10:38 AM

illegal_skillz is a decent person

I don't know what's so wrong with skater grip tape, seems to work just fine. And it's cheap
Old 01-19-2008, 11:06 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Nothing was wrong with carb.'d 900's and twitchy liter bikes either...
Now we all rock 600's

Sign of the times for 08... FTI HB mounted to the forks and surfboard deck pads I guess. Last year was so sub-frame cage and holla blox not lots....hahaha

For me if there is somin possibly better out there, why not try it if you are in the market for it? And all of us are at the point on our bikes where we are shopping for something for our tanks right now... Me with my new Otown-esque dish, Eazenutz with his house of Color paint, and Dan with his new 6 durty 6........ surfshops are rapidly takin KC over!! hahahaha

I'm not sayin everyone should go out and buy this... (although Daniel's post may have made that particular companies sales go up some...hahaha) Whatever's clever.....

Not to be a jerk either bro, but it wasn't a "bash grip tape thread", but a "what do you think about this stuff, anyone trying it out yet thread"..LOL

Keep rockin the grip tape, stomp grip, whatever....it's all good.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:35 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

goop that **** in the pad and ur good to go.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
Nothing was wrong with carb.'d 900's and twitchy liter bikes either...
Now we all rock 600's

Sign of the times for 08... FTI HB mounted to the forks and surfboard deck pads I guess. Last year was so sub-frame cage and holla blox not lots....hahaha

For me if there is somin possibly better out there, why not try it if you are in the market for it? And all of us are at the point on our bikes where we are shopping for something for our tanks right now... Me with my new Otown-esque dish, Eazenutz with his house of Color paint, and Dan with his new 6 durty 6........ surfshops are rapidly takin KC over!! hahahaha

I'm not sayin everyone should go out and buy this... (although Daniel's post may have made that particular companies sales go up some...hahaha) Whatever's clever.....

Not to be a jerk either bro, but it wasn't a "bash grip tape thread", but a "what do you think about this stuff, anyone trying it out yet thread"..LOL

Keep rockin the grip tape, stomp grip, whatever....it's all good.
Hey bro, I'm not bashing the new ****, just like my grip tape, it works and it's cheap. I guess I'm not at the point with my bike where trying new grips is a big deal. You guys are ahead of me in the game, and I like the comment about how 07 was the year of the subcage, looking back, it really was. You guys gonna be around the KC area in March?
Old 01-19-2008, 06:15 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

Originally Posted by illegal_skillz
I don't know what's so wrong with skater grip tape, seems to work just fine. And it's cheap
grip tape- $10 bux
surf borad traction pad- $25 bux
Pairs of jeans- $25-35 bux

yea.. id rather spend the extra $15 and not be rubbing the *** out of every pair of jeans i own... i dont know if you move around the tank much... but if not when you do... you will have this first on your list....

Old 01-19-2008, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Re-Micks
grip tape- $10 bux
surf borad traction pad- $25 bux
Pairs of jeans- $25-35 bux

yea.. id rather spend the extra $15 and not be rubbing the *** out of every pair of jeans i own... i dont know if you move around the tank much... but if not when you do... you will have this first on your list....

Yeah, I don't typically move around on the tank a lot. But if I do start doing for some reason, I'll remember this. I never really thought about it before, Thanks
Old 01-19-2008, 06:32 PM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wait untill you start tucking in and out of spreader/highchair/50-50/strangler. The most damage is done going from 50-50 to seat stander. I've destroyed way too many pairs of jeans to be rockin grip tape any longer.

I still wear em though... character ya know.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kliewer
Just wait untill you start tucking in and out of spreader/highchair/50-50/strangler. The most damage is done going from 50-50 to seat stander. I've destroyed way too many pairs of jeans to be rockin grip tape any longer.

Yeah, I'm not moving that much at all, not to that level yet. Thanks for the advice, safes me some jeans
Old 01-19-2008, 06:38 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kliewer

yep, i wear em still too, well other then the other couple pairs that are pretty much *** less now....
Old 01-19-2008, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Re-Micks
yep, i wear em still too, well other then the other couple pairs that are pretty much *** less now....
Old 01-20-2008, 04:22 AM

I got countless jeans ruined by griptape......I even have a half skateboards worth of skateboard tape in my truck......it MIGHT get put on my tail for seatstander on the front edge of the hole in my rear seat fr extra traction for my feet there. I'm hoping this **** can hold my 250lb fatass in a spreader for some circs this summer....thats one of my goals so far!
Old 01-20-2008, 05:47 AM

I don't see why it wouldn't hold you
Old 01-20-2008, 09:28 AM
hunts and stunts

4:47am? Wow guys!

I just hope my tank holds gas this summer..... POS

still not quite how I wanted it, but it's close... I'll post up pics later today. That damn thing has alot of bunched up metal around the lip I forgot about under my bondo from the first dent. Crack kills..... your tanks anyways. LOL

Pissed me off cuz it was a perfect job up until a small fissure pissed down my leg.....literally and figuratively.

I dunno D... I almost still think it was cracked there before and the bondo fixed it. It had to have ben cracked before the bondo chipped off cuz I wasn't pounding on it when it came off. I was pulling the GRIP TAPE off and a tiny piece came off and that led to me sayin, "well I just better get the loose stuff off..."

Here's what it looked like before the second go at it, and after almost killing myself on a couple of tank wheelie crashes..
After bondo and paint.....
Click image for larger version

Name:	tankdent06gixasix (2).jpg
Views:	33
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	205105
After the much debated grip tape...
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1172 (2).jpg
Views:	40
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	205106

The plastic two thirds of the tank threw me when I went to try and decide on a shape after I bought it. The only thing I had to go off of at the time, cuz noone was stunting these bikes, was JBritton's email pics.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:33 AM
hunts and stunts

OH snap! Dynatron... Glazing and spot putty reading the back of the tube right now & .....

I didn't use bondo, just the tube of this ****. It says on it right on the back RESISTANT TO SOLVENTS........... NOT AFFECTED BY WATER, OIL, OR GASOLINE....
!

The crack is sooo tiny, but it does let gas come out.... we'll see...
Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 AM

gas-*** is no fun!!!!

get that **** figured out before spring whitey.......and 3:22am.....well, yeah...good times
Old 01-20-2008, 11:01 AM

What else we got to do that early in the morning? Besides sleep, but if we're not sleeping I mean
Old 01-20-2008, 11:08 AM
hunts and stunts

I would say quit smokin crack or somin like that normally, but I just don't have the energy today.... too much sleep! LOL

that time in the morning usually, if I'm awake ....it's to go hunting, or cuz I just can't sleep.

And don't worry bro... I'll have that **** fixed here in a bit and you'll have pics in your email inbox.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I would say quit smokin crack or somin like that normally, but I just don't have the energy today.... too much sleep! LOL

that time in the morning usually, if I'm awake ....it's to go hunting, or cuz I just can't sleep.

And don't worry bro... I'll have that **** fixed here in a bit and you'll have pics in your email inbox.
Exactly, when you just can't sleep, waste some time on SL. And no smartass comment? You really must be drained bro. lol

Quick Reply: New tank dent grip....