F4I-954 rad mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:09 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: F4I-954 rad mod

Originally Posted by klutch_r
Got any pics of the two fan setup? Hard to do?
No pics... but not hard at all.

Just take another stock fan... place it in the general area that it's in on the other side and use some safety wire and/or zip ties to secure it on the rad.

Then wire it accordingly... i set mine on a ghetto switch for summer riding when **** gets real hot. You could wire it directly to the oem wiring harness so it goes on w/ the other one but i don't see the point in that.

Honestly... I rarely use the 2nd fan. Just nice to have it if needed.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:38 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kj

No pics... but not hard at all.

Just take another stock fan... place it in the general area that it's in on the other side and use some safety wire and/or zip ties to secure it on the rad.

Then wire it accordingly... i set mine on a ghetto switch for summer riding when **** gets real hot. You could wire it directly to the oem wiring harness so it goes on w/ the other one but i don't see the point in that.

Honestly... I rarely use the 2nd fan. Just nice to have it if needed.
Did you put the fan in front or behind hte radiator?

I got a extra fan laying around for a fzr600, wonder if I could fit it in there
Old 01-19-2008, 02:55 PM
kj

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Did you put the fan in front or behind hte radiator?

I got a extra fan laying around for a fzr600, wonder if I could fit it in there

I used a stock f4i fan.. put it right behind the rad in the exact same spot as the stocker on the other side.... I think i may have flipped it upside down though.

Cause the the fan is wider on one side then the other... the wide part goes on the outside so yea... i flipped it upside down.

I RARELY use the second fan.... only on hot summer days while practicing circles.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:59 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kj
I used a stock f4i fan.. put it right behind the rad in the exact same spot as the stocker on the other side.... I think i may have flipped it upside down though.

Cause the the fan is wider on one side then the other... the wide part goes on the outside so yea... i flipped it upside down.

I RARELY use the second fan.... only on hot summer days while practicing circles.
right on thanks

I'm definitely NOT gonna invest money into a second fan, just gonna see if my fzr fan will happen to fit since its a spare sitting in a box lol
Old 01-19-2008, 03:26 PM

charsha1 is an unknown quantity at this point

wire ur 2nd fan to your headlight switch. so when u run low beam (no headlight but fan on) is good for days and since u dont need the fan at night as much when u turn on ur headlight on high beam it turns ur fan off. i rode that way for 2 years and never had a problem. and u dont even have to cut and splice just use a **** and push it into ur head light harness
Old 01-30-2008, 09:59 AM

sligerstunts is a decent person

[quote=Towlieee;3115834]ya for sure

And the best way to wire a f4i fan, is the thermal switch works off hte ground.. So if you just ground the thermal switch out it kicks the fan on

but leave the thermal switch still connected, that way if you forget to hit the swtich, ur fan still comes on at 225 or 227 whatever it comes on at :YEAH

i'l goo look in my garage at my bike to see what wire I spliced

edit: ya just add a switch taht connects the frame to the black wire leading into the fan[/quote

hell yea i know excatly where ur talkn about right on man :YEAH thanks for the help my whole wiring harnest is nothing but taped together wires from messin **** up all the time lol so its just easier to ask someone who knows what the hell there doin ROCK ON :YEAH
Old 01-30-2008, 10:02 AM

right on i have a switch to the headlight on there right now that ***** **** to have. I never thought about doin that with the high beam for a 2nd fan GENIOUS!!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 10:08 AM

same here usually if im doin circles for about 45 minutes straight if i dont get the bike out of the idle for a minute and cool it with a quick breeze or so she will get hot and over heat but my fan is junk it seems like it only pushes half the power it should so that could be why
Old 01-30-2008, 10:10 AM

yea i definitly think a switch is the way to go if u remember to turn it on brfore she over heats anyway
Old 01-30-2008, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by kj

WHAT ABOUT A STRONGER FAN can you buy an after market stronger fan for an f4i u think?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:10 AM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sligerstunts
WHAT ABOUT A STRONGER FAN can you buy an after market stronger fan for an f4i u think?

muzzy fans are available for some bikes, they claim to move more air, but i don't think the f4i is one of them.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:07 PM
kj

Originally Posted by sligerstunts

f4i fan moves a ton of air... check your coolant level.