Si Cage:

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:20 PM

ecthemc is a decent person
Re: Si Cage:

I've got it on.. the instructions woudlnt of helped I mean..

You look at the bike.. you look at the cage..

IS it not ******* ovious how its going on? I mean theres really only 1 way you could get that thing on there

And no my gsxr is not "Tweaked" - Its perfectly fine like I said the "LEFT PIECE" of the cage.. the bottom rail that goes by my tire and connects with the "Right PIece" Rail..

IS OFF.. by like 2 degrees.. you can just hold it without it being on the bike and tell its not ******* straight..

Anyways.. after manwhoring it on there.. I got it on..

I always get to the point where im like.. Holy ****! This is the only way its going on.. I dont know if i have it in me to do this myself.. Then I always end of getting the job done.. !!!
Old 01-16-2008, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by EZEC
Dude your gsxr is probably tweaked..the bottom tube can't be " off balance" it's layed out on a jig not held out and eyed up for straightness.

Try doing the bottom first (loosely) and go from there.

Thats how I did it.. It came down to the left engine bolt was the last thing to go.. While rubber malleting the bottom bars closer together with that long bolt..

But the cage was off 4-5 inchs at this point.. becaue it tweaked the whole thing 3 degree's due to the bottom rails not being straight.. Had I just put the engine mount bolts in on the sides of the cage. and hoped to just run the bolt in the bottom where it connects

You woudlnt of done it in a life time.. - I mean maybe 3 men.. but not u !
Old 01-16-2008, 01:27 PM

RossVeez is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a tough time getting my 905 cage on too. the trick is definatly keeping **** as loose as possible till its all lined up then tightening.

IAN if you read this make me a damn cage for my Husq already! dont make me deliver the bike to you, lol.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:38 PM

I coudlnt wait for my damn cage to get here.. now that's here.. even tho one of the bars is off.. I woudlnt send it back for a new one with him paying shipping !!

I have great faith in SI. and even tho it was a pain in the *** to get on.. id of couse buy another one.. I just need to destroy the fi cage on my f4i like i did on my gsxr good enough to replace it !