How to make a nice Dent?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:46 PM
A.K.A. Johnny Xtreme

johnny25 is a decent person
Re: How to make a nice Dent?

all you need is one of them hammers with sand in it and a ball peen hammer. just dent that bitch in how you want itwith the sand hammer an whe you get a crease stop an get the ball peen hammer an smooth out the crease. once the crease is gone use the sand hammer an keep on denting it in to your specs. get another crease an use the ball peen again. keep doin that an your **** will come out smooth. you barley need bondo. put to much bondo on that **** an it will crack off an you'll still have a shitty *** tank. i've only smashed in 2 tanks in my life an my second 1 came out perfect. i would show you a pic but my bike got jacked before i could take 1. a torch is for fools that don't want there face no more
Old 01-15-2008, 11:49 PM

trickshow is a decent person

[quote=Jay Carnes;3110620]You couldn't be that ******* stupid. Blow torch to a container full of gasoline. The person that told you that is still ******* laughing. You are a ******* idiot.[/quote

OMG jesus ******* christ i took my ******* tank OFFFFFFFF! i drained ALL the gas out its EMPTY... nothing in it!
Old 01-15-2008, 11:49 PM

Savvgawd is a decent person

I'd say that dent you got looks damn good already, howd you get it that smooth actually, patience and a rubber mallet?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:52 PM

Savvgawd is a decent person

Wrote that before I refreshed the page to see johnny25s reply, good post.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:57 PM

W/e my dent came out nice anyway so i don't give a ****
Old 01-15-2008, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Savvgawd
I'd say that dent you got looks damn good already, howd you get it that smooth actually, patience and a rubber mallet?

Not really... a basic hammer with a t shirt rapped around and zip tied to the head. took me 7 minutes. But i made it bigger than that. it now goes around the gas cap and makes a perfect oval
Old 01-16-2008, 12:00 AM
A.K.A. Johnny Xtreme

OMG jesus ******* christ i took my ******* tank OFFFFFFFF! i drained ALL the gas out its EMPTY... nothing in it![/quote]

it don't matter if you took your tank off an drained all the gas. draining all the gas make it ignight faster. gas itself is not what blows up. its the fumes from the gas the ignight an combust, therefor blowing up your tank. if your gonna put a torch to a gas tank drain all the gas, wash the **** out of it on th inside an fill it up with water that way there won't be no gas fumes in the tank when it is hot. i'welded a few tanks an would not thing of doin it without filling it with water
Old 01-16-2008, 12:01 AM

yo is there a thread of pics of dented tanks......link me if there is i wana check it out.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by johnny25
OMG jesus ******* christ i took my ******* tank OFFFFFFFF! i drained ALL the gas out its EMPTY... nothing in it!

it don't matter if you took your tank off an drained all the gas. draining all the gas make it ignight faster. gas itself is not what blows up. its the fumes from the gas the ignight an combust, therefor blowing up your tank. if your gonna put a torch to a gas tank drain all the gas, wash the **** out of it on th inside an fill it up with water that way there won't be no gas fumes in the tank when it is hot. i'welded a few tanks an would not thing of doin it without filling it with water[/quote]

i feel stupid..i forgot about those fumes! Thx for the advice. Im not gonna do it anyway i was just curious...even if u did that cleaned it all out and added water if you heated it up would it mkae it easier to dent and smooth out....probably not right? Doesn't matter i did it without heating it up and my tank came out pretty smooth so im happy
Old 01-16-2008, 12:05 AM
A.K.A. Johnny Xtreme

Originally Posted by Savvgawd

rubber mallets don't work for ****. to acutally smooth it out you need a metal hammer, i like to use a ball peen. thats the hammer that is flat on one side an the other side is round. the sand hammer is only to make a big dent. you can't shape metal with rubber. the mallet is to soft to knock out creases. trust me i work on cars everyday an you sure as **** don't use a rubber mallet to shape metal
Old 01-16-2008, 12:11 AM
A.K.A. Johnny Xtreme

i feel stupid..i forgot about those fumes! Thx for the advice. Im not gonna do it anyway i was just curious...even if u did that cleaned it all out and added water if you heated it up would it mkae it easier to dent and smooth out....probably not right? Doesn't matter i did it without heating it up and my tank came out pretty smooth so im happy[/quote]

if you add the water an heat it up it would make it a lil easier just cause you making the metal soft but you don't need to go through all that trouble just to dent in a tank. just take you time an make sure when you get a crease stop hammering an get the metal hammer an knock it out. thats the key to get it smooth. if you don't knock out the crease it will get bigger and be harder to get out an most likley when you try an knock it out you'll get a whole. i learned my lesson the hard way. thats why i had to weld a few tanks
Old 01-16-2008, 12:19 AM

RepHateCrew is a decent person

ur tank looks damn good better than the shitty person that did mine, so keep it and rock it, and dont blow ur ****** face off
Old 01-16-2008, 12:46 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

rubber mallets don't work for ****. to acutally smooth it out you need a metal hammer, i like to use a ball peen. thats the hammer that is flat on one side an the other side is round. the sand hammer is only to make a big dent. you can't shape metal with rubber. the mallet is to soft to knock out creases. trust me i work on cars everyday an you sure as **** don't use a rubber mallet to shape metal

I've dented about 10 tanks now and never once used a metal hammer... dead blow is all you need.

ALL DIFFERENT TANKS..... no metal hammer.. only rubber dead blow.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:53 AM
kj

if you add the water an heat it up it would make it a lil easier just cause you making the metal soft but you don't need to go through all that trouble just to dent in a tank. just take you time an make sure when you get a crease stop hammering an get the metal hammer an knock it out. thats the key to get it smooth. if you don't knock out the crease it will get bigger and be harder to get out an most likley when you try an knock it out you'll get a whole. i learned my lesson the hard way. thats why i had to weld a few tanks
Heating a tank make NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL.... the metal is thin and soft enough as is...

If you know what your doin you won't get any creases and no need for ball peen.

The tanks above were all done using the same rubber deadblow i got from sears.... never a crease and each one took me about 5-7minutes from start to finish.

To trickshow.... why u worried about your dent? You ain't gonna use it any time soon.

As i've said many times.... take the drive 20min down here and I will hook up your dent and you will learn waaaaaaaay more then you ever will by askin stupid questions on here.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:06 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

nice dents....got ne for sale, im lazy
Old 01-16-2008, 07:22 AM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

kj = stunt parts guru......
if it has to do with stunting he has either had it or has it....
and if you only live 20 min and havent goon down your a fool
Old 01-16-2008, 11:21 AM

Endo Andy is a decent person

+1 heat has nothing to do with it, i dented mine in 20-30degree's. its all about form.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:02 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by trickshow
I heard you could use a blow torch to heat up the tank which will make it easier to dent it with a rubber mallet. is this true?
OK I DON'T DISH OUT HATE MUCH HELL ALMOST NEVER ......BUT HERE WE GO!!!!!

You have got to be the dumbest ******* kid on the planet! what do you put in your a gas tank Einstein?
Old 01-16-2008, 12:35 PM
kj

Originally Posted by Trick
and if you only live 20 min and havent gone down your a fool
seriously man....

i've asked this kid to come down to hang out for the day on a wkend anytime and I'll show him all he needs to know about everything.

Actually he probably only lives about 15min away.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:43 PM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough

dude who cares about some little ridge line in the tank? Just sit up there and clutch it up! BRRAAP!

Quick Reply: How to make a nice Dent?