Stuntwars winner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 09:02 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of
Re: Stuntwars winner!!!

Twisted Vixen, I'll defer to your experience then, but I wanted you to know, I was floored by Bills run. I don't see him ride all the time so it's always kind of shocking.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:06 AM

TwistedVixen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fsbABE
one is deducted 5 points per fall bobble mishap. difficulty and variation is where one can separate themselves from everyone else which is what the top three did. so doing the math bill would have scored 98 enough to win pfeiffer 97 without his mistakes enough for second.

It wasn't a "fall bobble mishap". HE HIT THE WALL, FELL OFF THE BIKE & THE BIKE WAS ON FIRE. Everyone that competed knows why he got 2nd and it wasn't because of his run.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by excessa
Twisted Vixen, I'll defer to your experience then, but I wanted you to know, I was floored by Bills run. I don't see him ride all the time so it's always kind of shocking.
He actually used to be a lot better.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:08 AM

23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TwistedVixen
It wasn't a "fall bobble mishap". HE HIT THE WALL, FELL OFF THE BIKE & THE BIKE WAS ON FIRE. Everyone that competed knows why he got 2nd and it wasn't because of his run.
?????
Old 01-14-2008, 09:18 AM

yanik750 is a decent person

It's always the same....

But Who are you all accusing ?

Stuntwars or judges ???

that's the deal !!

in Europe, the problem is that some riders (pros) think that organizing competitions is a way for the organizers to have a "free" show.
And to be sure that the stars cme, they already tell them that they will win for sure and have the prize money.
But these people, altough they criticize, wanted to rider there, and have been refused !

I don't think it is like that, such cheating.

i'll be judging soon in Zurich, i'll see that from the inside...
Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 AM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

fall bobble mishap". HE HIT THE WALL, FELL OFF THE BIKE & THE BIKE WAS ON FIRE. Everyone that competed knows why he got 2nd and it wasn't because of his run.
didn't know if you hit the wall and fall of your bike it wasn't a fall bobble or mishap
Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by FrankieG
Bill Had the SICKEST run and would have definately won if he didn't make the one mistake of dropping the bike during a switchback circle burnout....Bill was off the Chain...Awesome.. Christian dropped his bike 2 times...
Definitley the sickest run I've ever seen out of Bill. I've never seen him have so much energy.

His run was definitley talked about all night by everyone
Old 01-14-2008, 09:23 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Bill hit the wall, fell off the bike & the bike was on fire. Tell me HOW that is a 2nd place run?? Drastic Dan rode injured, didn't wreck or drop the bike and got 9th. Shin KILLED IT (no wrecks) and got 10th.
Shin had a good run but had a LOT of "bobbles" and close calls which killed him.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:24 AM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yanik750
It's always the same....

Stuntwars or judges ???

that's the deal !!

in Europe, the problem is that some riders (pros) think that organizing competitions is a way for the organizers to have a "free" show.
And to be sure that the stars cme, they already tell them that they will win for sure and have the prize money.
But these people, altough they criticize, wanted to rider there, and have been refused !

i ran track profesionally and when organizers wanted an athlete to show up and run the offer an apperance fee. seems they need to do the same to get the riders insted of giving them the win. but they do not want to kick out that much money when they can just give them the prize money.

Last edited by ABEStunts; 01-14-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:24 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by yanik750
It's always the same....

Stuntwars or judges ???

that's the deal !!

as long as it's not me this time! Thomas has me all paranoid now. the phone rang and I karate chopped an ashtray lol
Old 01-14-2008, 09:37 AM

didn't know if you hit the wall and fall of your bike it wasn't a fall bobble or mishap
Ummmmmmmmmmm that's a wreck But what do I know
Old 01-14-2008, 09:41 AM

one is deducted 5 points per fall bobble mishap. difficulty and variation is where one can separate themselves from everyone else which is what the top three did. so doing the math bill would have scored 98 enough to win pfeiffer 97 without his mistakes enough for second.
If 5 points is deducted per fall bobble mishap then why was Bill's score a 98?? Shouldn't it have been 95?? And shouldn't have Pfeiffer's been 90, since he dropped the bike twice??
Old 01-14-2008, 09:47 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Bill hit the wall, fell off the bike & the bike was on fire. Tell me HOW that is a 2nd place run?? Drastic Dan rode injured, didn't wreck or drop the bike and got 9th. Shin KILLED IT (no wrecks) and got 10th.
Bill Deserved a win but ....the drop cost just enough...He was AWESOME...especially under the wet conditions!

Dan was awesome and was killing HC Coasters...stoppies ect i'm not sure why he didnt get a higher finish and nick apex had a great run also!

Originally Posted by excessa
sorry to interject, but from a more objective scouting standpoint, Bill's overall execution, timing, creativity, and technical bike handling place him among the top riders. I've seen him work harder to engage the crowd, but this crowd didn't need much work.

even a points off run, if you kill it to that extreme, you should be placing very high. he stood out.

And Dan pulled off a great run, but Bill was just on another level that Dan fully has the ability to get to. everyone there showed what they've got despite the unpredictable conditions.

I don't know you or Bill, but it's probably harder for him to impress you than it is everyone else. He has always been a strong presence at comps, that wasn't the best run I've ever seen him do, but the progression was evident. (as with everyone - Twite ******* amazed me)

I don't think it's name recognition, it's just recognition. he's one of the best riders out there.
The judging was very good this year....Joe Vert, Kyle, Emrock and JB were excellent....

Originally Posted by nags
Shin had a good run but had a LOT of "bobbles" and close calls which killed him.
Exactly....Shin is SICK but had a poor run overall...he had 1 or 2 drops and a few foot downs...ect...

I this was the best run SW I have seen...

Tony P did awesome, killed stoppie and tandem!!!:YEAH

Last edited by FrankieG; 01-14-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:49 AM

Bill Deserved exactly where he was...He was AWESOME...especially under the wet conditions!
Not so much He's had better runs and lost.

Last edited by TwistedVixen; 01-14-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

I have to disagree. It was all about name recognition. There were riders out there killin it that DID NOT wreck and they got pushed back simply so the "known riders" placed higher.Freestyle, Tandem and Team are all interpreted by the judges. Stunt Wars is a political event & we all know it. Just some won't admit it.
Sorry but you really sound like a bitter ex girlfriend....everyone knows bill and wt had a falling out but I really don't think you're doing your business any good by coming on here and saying sw is a popularity contest and whining about it...LUKE DUKE PLACED 4TH!! half of connecitcut doesn't even know who he is (no offense luke lol congrats) look at the field of riders to make the top 10 is pretty much placing in my book (esp seeing who was there)....dan is a sick rider but there is some fierce competion and mitch is a madman and won stoppie so why sit here arguing in front of thousands of potential customers and just rep your team...
Old 01-14-2008, 09:52 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Not so much
What I thought was strange, Bill conceded stoppie...Bill just rolled till he knew he had 2nd and stopped....

But Mitch is an inspiration....It's always amazing watching him!:YEAH
Old 01-14-2008, 09:58 AM

yanik750 is a decent person

In Amsterdam, some told that Pfeiffer was the winner before coming, Farias 2, just because o what i said.

I was with the judges all the week end, and definitily they both worth their ranks !

Pfeiffer was unbeatable.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by EZEC
Sorry but you really sound like a bitter ex girlfriend....everyone knows bill and wt had a falling out but I really don't think you're doing your business any good by coming on here and saying sw is a popularity contest and whining about it...LUKE DUKE PLACED 4TH!! half of connecitcut doesn't even know who he is (no offense luke lol congrats) look at the field of riders to make the top 10 is pretty much placing in my book (esp seeing who was there)....dan is a sick rider but there is some fierce competion and mitch is a madman and won stoppie so why sit here arguing in front of thousands of potential customers and just rep your team...
Falling out?? I haven't even mentioned that, so try to stay on point. K?? If speaking up and saying that certain competitors get preferential treatment at both Lakeland events offends potential customers, then this whole damn industry is going down the toilet, instead of progressing. I said the EXACT SAME THING when Bill rode for me, so don't go assuming. Half the people lurking this thread RIGHT NOW know how the Lakeland events play out but just won't say it. This isn't about Bill or Warped Toys, it's about good riders getting screwed because they are not "on the list".
Old 01-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Jess

GSXRchic is a decent person

I have to disagree. It was all about name recognition. There were riders out there killin it that DID NOT wreck and they got pushed back simply so the "known riders" placed higher. Stoppie is the ONLY event that is judged fairly and that is simply because it is definitive. Freestyle, Tandem and Team are all interpreted by the judges. Stunt Wars is a political event & we all know it. Just some won't admit it.
I would have to agree on that ....
Old 01-14-2008, 10:02 AM

What I thought was strange, Bill conceded stoppie...Bill just rolled till he knew he had 2nd and stopped....

But Mitch is an inspiration....It's always amazing watching him!:YEAH
I was at the end of the track and I couldn't tell if he put it down or if that was all he had. Either way, Mitch KILLED IT. He wanted 800 ft and rolled it in practice but 767 is just as sweet :YEAH

Quick Reply: Stuntwars winner!!!