ramp 2 ramp shows

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:36 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough
Re: ramp 2 ramp shows

http://www.stuntride.com/forum/index...seen#msg167238
Old 01-11-2008, 04:06 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Old 01-11-2008, 04:12 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by F4EaSyE
+1 from master tanus, the crowd wants to see three things, burnouts with lots of smoke, acros, and some one getting fukkkkd up.. they dont care about how technical a highchair circle is or any other combo circling or straight line. you can get more of a reaction from a fukn burnout then you can with something technical.. thats what sucks.. b c until people begin to realize and appreciate the technicality of these tricks, and the difficulty, it will be hard for it to progress.. nto saying it cant b c it already is a ton.. u guys get the point..

see, this is where you are wrong. good riders know what the crowds want to see and incorporate that into every show. This is what separates amateurs and pros.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:18 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nate-VMC
see, this is where you are wrong. good riders know what the crowds want to see and incorporate that into every show. This is what separates amateurs and pros.
im not going to argue ur post b c i am by no means pro and said that before i was just saying that when people dont get technicality it doesnt really interest them but some loud noise lots of smoke and lots of danger gets em rollin and cheering.. Right or wrong?
Old 01-11-2008, 04:47 PM

mikkee is a decent person

+1 from master tanus, the crowd wants to see three things, burnouts with lots of smoke, acros, and some one getting fukkkkd up.. they dont care about how technical a highchair circle is or any other combo circling or straight line. you can get more of a reaction from a fukn burnout then you can with something technical.. thats what sucks.. b c until people begin to realize and appreciate the technicality of these tricks, and the difficulty, it will be hard for it to progress.. nto saying it cant b c it already is a ton.. u guys get the point..
I disagree..

If you do nothing but burnouts, and acro it's boring. The key is to not be repitive. Don't know how many shows you've done but crouds like everything, even technical tricks, it's just a matter of how and when you do them in accordence to everything else is going on in the show. You may not get as much of an eruption as a tire blowing burnout, but keeping the croud on edge by not knowing what is going to happen next is what is most important to keep there attention, not so much the tricks being done IMO.

Also if you want a reaction from a croud and for just technical skills, that is what competitions are for and where your going to get more of an appreciation for that.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by mikkee
I disagree..

If you do nothing but burnouts, and acro it's boring. The key is to not be repitive. Don't know how many shows you've done but crouds like everything, even technical tricks, it's just a matter of how and when you do them in accordence to everything else is going on in the show. You may not get as much of an eruption as a tire blowing burnout, but keeping the croud on edge by not knowing what is going to happen next is what is most important to keep there attention, not so much the tricks being done IMO.

Also if you want a reaction from a croud and for just technical skills, that is what competitions are for and where your going to get more of an appreciation for that.
no that is very true.. i read what i stated before and left some stuff out..im still breaking the ice dog so im not on the level to where im riding pro comps and stuff like that.. I practice my *** off to get there but in the mean time im just saying from shows down here and back home that is what i see.. not enough people know the sport like we do and they just dont get it sometimes.. i guess it all boils down to being a chameleon and just kinda meshing with the crowd ur dealing with.. repetitive is very boring for sure..
Old 01-11-2008, 05:00 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

good stuff Thomas.

dick

Old 01-11-2008, 05:11 PM

no that is very true.. i read what i stated before and left some stuff out..im still breaking the ice dog so im not on the level to where im riding pro comps and stuff like that.. I practice my *** off to get there but in the mean time im just saying from shows down here and back home that is what i see.. not enough people know the sport like we do and they just dont get it sometimes.. i guess it all boils down to being a chameleon and just kinda meshing with the crowd ur dealing with.. repetitive is very boring for sure..
When you go to or watch a football game is everyone screaming at the top of there lungs for the entire game? No.. But that doesn't mean there not entertained because there quiet. Ever think of when some technical combo tricks are bing done maybe spectators are at awe of the control and technacality being displayed, and are focusing on trying to figure out how is it that you're pulling it off?? Just cuz they're not yelling doesn't mean there not impressed and entertained.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:18 PM

When you go to or watch a football game is everyone screaming at the top of there lungs for the entire game? No.. But that doesn't mean there not entertained because there quiet. Ever think of when some technical combo tricks are bing done maybe spectators are at awe of the control and technacality being displayed, and are focusing on trying to figure out how is it that you're pulling it off?? Just cuz they're not yelling doesn't mean there not impressed and entertained.
that is the best part about all of it is seeing peoples jaw drop like what the fukk, how is he or they doing that.. That is cool and i know what you mean.. its very true.. go to a hockey game.. crowd doesnt cheer until a goal is scored or someone is bashing someones face in.. or a big hit happens.. and if that stuff does not happen at a game then people talk **** and say that teams games suck ther boring dont go to those u know.. kinda tie that in as to where if u dont have the crowd going you got to do something to get em up.. but i understand completely what ur saying.. like i said im still learning and alot of this stuff helps me out with the future man.. Thanks
Old 01-11-2008, 05:31 PM

that is the best part about all of it is seeing peoples jaw drop like what the fukk, how is he or they doing that.. That is cool and i know what you mean.. its very true.. go to a hockey game.. crowd doesnt cheer until a goal is scored or someone is bashing someones face in.. or a big hit happens.. and if that stuff does not happen at a game then people talk **** and say that teams games suck ther boring dont go to those u know.. kinda tie that in as to where if u dont have the crowd going you got to do something to get em up.. but i understand completely what ur saying.. like i said im still learning and alot of this stuff helps me out with the future man.. Thanks
I do what I can
Old 01-11-2008, 05:33 PM

I do what I can
sweet man.. hope to ride with u sometime soon out here.. **** would be dope.. then you can give me some riding lessons instead of stunt business.. :YEAH these guys in az are helping me out tons.. once i got down here my learning curve went crazy..
Old 01-11-2008, 05:55 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

Originally Posted by excessa
I'm leaving a 6 tonight. I had an MRI yesterday that I couldn't miss.
I hope all is well with you.. and you heal/get better with whatever is goin' on

-eric
Old 01-11-2008, 05:59 PM

sweet man.. hope to ride with u sometime soon out here.. **** would be dope.. then you can give me some riding lessons instead of stunt business.. :YEAH these guys in az are helping me out tons.. once i got down here my learning curve went crazy..
Well don't know what more I can help with that what the hot sauce can bring u but I plan I making a trip out there probably next winter cuz I'm sure as hell arn't going out there come spring or summer time.. enjoy the heat.. lol
Old 01-11-2008, 06:21 PM

Well don't know what more I can help with that what the hot sauce can bring u but I plan I making a trip out there probably next winter cuz I'm sure as hell arn't going out there come spring or summer time.. enjoy the heat.. lol
haha true that.. the heat will suck.. keep it pimpin mikey d style..
Old 01-11-2008, 06:25 PM

haha true that.. the heat will suck.. keep it pimpin mikey d style..
will do lol
Old 01-11-2008, 07:08 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ecthemc
I hope all is well with you.. and you heal/get better with whatever is goin' on

-eric
Thanks. I'm still waiting for them to read them, or just waste more of my fricken time before I can get the report I need to see. I feel alright just need solid bone fusion before I go **** myself up.

I am out of here pretty quick and in Lakeland much later on no sleep and completely tweaked on caffiene. You guys have a good weekend.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:11 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

hope you get better
Old 01-12-2008, 06:07 PM

MCGYVER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
one of the problems is that spectater's are more impressed with the gay tricks that any joe shmo can do (ie. christ's, skitch's and power wheelies) So many promoter's would rather pay a 1/4 the price and have the "2 dollar bill crew" entertain the crowd with ballerinna tricks
So true...Do a christ = crowd goes crazy, Stall to highcahir = Noone gives a ****
Old 01-12-2008, 07:35 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nate-VMC
EXACTLY.

and also, thats where an ANNOUNCER can come into play and keep the crowd informed of the "technical" tricks that no one gives a **** about!!!!!