ramp 2 ramp shows

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:42 PM

MattMingay is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ramp 2 ramp shows

It will always happen! i have been making a good living out of Stuntriding full time for the past 10 years, its paid for my house, bikes and all my toys. We have encounted riders that try and under cut us. But the majority of the time the promoter see's our professionalism compared to the $2 team and run with us. At the end of the day, if you pay peanuts you get monkeys!
Old 01-11-2008, 12:25 AM

MATT L is a decent person

Agreed...If you aren't getting repeat shows at the same venues, then you must not be making a good enough impression.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:32 AM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FreezeSBFreaks
**** it lets all go hit a spot up with some BBQ's and have some FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

We use to bring our family's out to the spot and do burgers and hotdogs.. Thats what it use to be about now it's fkng ghey
Old 01-11-2008, 09:05 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by joey b
EX......$700-$1000 per ride travel and stay. but it depends on the show how big is it!!!!!!!!
think about it 20k people at event about $20 a ticket to get in.$1000 a ride is pennys for them to pay
Originally Posted by MCGYVER
Ok here is my . As far as price. My team charges $.35 per mile for out of town shows with a $200 per rider perdium per day plus hotel acomidations. If the promoter does not provide insurance and won't accept a release of liability form than no show. I know it's not much but it works for us. And as far as stunters under cutting stunters. WTF I have a strict policy of not being a douche bag. If a team already has a show guess what that event is off limits to you. If you work hard enough to book a show and get it matted down then another team comes in and under cuts you they can go to the local sex shop, buy a ***** and go f*ck yourself. Yes it's about having fun and riding but it's also about being a good person and helping your fellow stunter. Don't undercut someone just to get yourself out there cause thats just wrong. I got into this sport to have fun and ride, not to worry about some squid trying to get pune by taking one of my shows and doing it for kibbles. Grow up, man up, or just sit back and watch the pros.
Nice, 2 people enough to come with numbers.

Whenever this topic pops up, it always seems like the guys doing the undercutting have no idea that theyre actually undercutting. Its not like the promoter is gonna tell them. Promoters thrive on new guys who dont know whats up. Thats why the OG pros need to let the newer pros know some numbers, ahead of time.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:27 AM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

so who was it that stole the show away....?
Old 01-11-2008, 10:54 AM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

Originally Posted by MannyFresh954
so who was it that stole the show away....?
nobody stole any show! you guys need to learn get all the correct info before you speak...yes even you ryan!

the show was done by somebody at the last minute! yes it wasnt a big chunk of change like thomas may have gotten, but it wasnt nothing to shabby for last minute stuff. in which the riders didnt have to drive that far so the money wasnt bad.

for all im concerned theis topic is done and the rest of the cry babies quite whining! its already been worked out with the guys who did the show and thomas.....nothing for anyone else to worry about.

END OF STORY!!!! now take off your little dresses cause the tea partys over!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:08 AM

S.O.R Josh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clint Ewing
Everybody contributes to the sport of stunt riding in some form or another. Some people "contribute" in more ways than others.
I can just answer with the fact that I did not enter this sport because I thought I can contribute something to it..I got into the sport for the feeling it left me at the end of the day!

write that down somewhere!

-Clint Ewing
+1 +1 +!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:16 AM

ecthemc is a decent person

There is a difference between

Professionals and Amateurs

As there is a difference between

******** and Gentlemen.

There's always going to be someone trying to take you down, make your life harder- but that's life.

A good ol' fashioned *** whooping to the people that undercut the professional Gentlemen is very correct in this situation.. and it wouldn't make you a ******* to do such to someone that has already set there position.. Stooping to there level? So what. You just need to remind these ************* who made this game what it is.. and the reality that it is people like ya'll that have gotten to the point to create shows.. Should be honored !
Not undercutted

Full ups on a asswhooping.. Gotta show ppl where they stand at these days they get froggy.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:05 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

you can't just say a set price for a show....it depends on the venue....a local bike night for instance, you better be walking away with 500 dollars for a "team" performance.....and i'm talking local venue where the drive time is under an hour......but when you have a HUGE venue, they can pay you more and you should get more just because the risks are higher....more people, thus more people will see you screw up if you happen too......your going to lose a lot of buisness in the future because of that.....so the stakes are higher....you must be a performer.....
Old 01-11-2008, 12:42 PM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
nobody stole any show! you guys need to learn get all the correct info before you speak...yes even you ryan!

the show was done by somebody at the last minute! yes it wasnt a big chunk of change like thomas may have gotten, but it wasnt nothing to shabby for last minute stuff. in which the riders didnt have to drive that far so the money wasnt bad.

for all im concerned theis topic is done and the rest of the cry babies quite whining! its already been worked out with the guys who did the show and thomas.....nothing for anyone else to worry about.

END OF STORY!!!! now take off your little dresses cause the tea partys over!
that answers my question, lol....
Old 01-11-2008, 12:45 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ecthemc

******** and Gentlemen.

There's always going to be someone trying to take you down, make your life harder- but that's life.

A good ol' fashioned *** whooping to the people that undercut the professional Gentlemen is very correct in this situation.. and it wouldn't make you a ******* to do such to someone that has already set there position.. Stooping to there level? So what. You just need to remind these ************* who made this game what it is.. and the reality that it is people like ya'll that have gotten to the point to create shows.. Should be honored !
Not undercutted

Full ups on a asswhooping.. Gotta show ppl where they stand at these days they get froggy.

So the writers that are on strike should go whooping all the writers asses that write for lesser wages?

I should go whoop everyones *** at mcdonalds because people will go work there for min wage, when I want $12 a hour to work there?
Old 01-11-2008, 01:12 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

strike breakers generally do get beat if history tells us anything, but stunters aren't on strike so the relevance factor is low. the mcdonalds thing, you should whoop them for serving the cold fries.

as for the "who stole the show?" question, it's moot with no standard to apply.

perhaps set a standard then apply it.

it's more constructive to try and at least define pay scales for large venue shows, and perhaps look at smaller exhibitions as being an amateur event in terms of pricing, even if it's pro riders doing the show.

you have no recourse without protocols and consequences.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:23 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

Originally Posted by ecthemc

******** and Gentlemen.

Not undercutted

hey bud the team that did the show have been in the game for over 5 years! pretty OG if you ask me? where were you 5 yrs ago? lemme guess grade school right? read my post above and move on...you dont know what your talking about!

Last edited by GSE Nick; 01-11-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:33 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
hey bud the team that did the show have been in the game for over 5 years! pretty OG if you ask me? where were you 5 yrs ago? lemme guess grade school right? read my post above and move on...you dont know what your talking about!
Im stating the people that started the show should get the respect they deserve

Old 01-11-2008, 02:03 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by excessa
strike breakers generally do get beat if history tells us anything, but stunters aren't on strike so the relevance factor is low. the mcdonalds thing, you should whoop them for serving the cold fries.

as for the "who stole the show?" question, it's moot with no standard to apply.

perhaps set a standard then apply it.

it's more constructive to try and at least define pay scales for large venue shows, and perhaps look at smaller exhibitions as being an amateur event in terms of pricing, even if it's pro riders doing the show.

you have no recourse without protocols and consequences.
Shouldn't you be out at the track? Stuntlife at this part of the day is for unfortunate people like me who arn't at stuntwars and have never been for reasons of always being, well... Unfortunate
Old 01-11-2008, 02:10 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I'm leaving a 6 tonight. I had an MRI yesterday that I couldn't miss.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:21 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by excessa
I'm leaving a 6 tonight. I had an MRI yesterday that I couldn't miss.
Ahhh woops. Well just wanted to hat on those who are at stuntwars cuz I'm not there. lol

And wanted to jack this thread cuz it's wak. Seems as there was a big fuss made about sumthing that was hadled professionally between thomas and the new guys that are doing the show. haha
Old 01-11-2008, 02:48 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

one of the problems is that spectater's are more impressed with the gay tricks that any joe shmo can do (ie. christ's, skitch's and power wheelies) So many promoter's would rather pay a 1/4 the price and have the "2 dollar bill crew" entertain the crowd with ballerinna tricks
Old 01-11-2008, 03:07 PM

I think this thread could become constructive. Good post Tanus. The only way to impress upon outside industries that there's a difference between pro and am is through targeted marketing IMO. (you have to tell them there's a difference and show credentials)
Old 01-11-2008, 03:18 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
one of the problems is that spectater's are more impressed with the gay tricks that any joe shmo can do (ie. christ's, skitch's and power wheelies) So many promoter's would rather pay a 1/4 the price and have the "2 dollar bill crew" entertain the crowd with ballerinna tricks
+1 from master tanus, the crowd wants to see three things, burnouts with lots of smoke, acros, and some one getting fukkkkd up.. they dont care about how technical a highchair circle is or any other combo circling or straight line. you can get more of a reaction from a fukn burnout then you can with something technical.. thats what sucks.. b c until people begin to realize and appreciate the technicality of these tricks, and the difficulty, it will be hard for it to progress.. nto saying it cant b c it already is a ton.. u guys get the point..

Quick Reply: ramp 2 ramp shows