ramp 2 ramp shows

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 01:44 PM

SickF*ck6969 is a decent person
Re: ramp 2 ramp shows

Originally Posted by Ryan S
how much should a show cost??? well....it depends on travel.....and number of riders.....your gas needs to be paid, as does your hotel, as does your food.....your time is the most important.....all shows are different......charity shows i charge les......things like that need to be considered.....your experience is worth the most....
so then give us some estimates on those scenerios.....

still no $$$ answers...
obviously gas and hotel will vary not too much unless traveling very far....
but not too much else should vary.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:50 PM

SickF*ck6969 is a decent person

Originally Posted by steelhead1
i may not know how to stunt that well but i know buiseness. i own a construction biz that does pretty well. these are hard times for EVERYONE. my reputation used to carry me above "fly by nighters". nowadays, the market's fucked. people take the lowest numbers. i have to compete with guys who rarely pay their men, let alone carry insurance. no one cares how much my gas costs, or food, or hotels when i have to travel. that's part of your price. it'd be a wonderful world if it was paid like that. i guess it is for celebs. but it doesn't seem like stunters have hit celeb status anywhere but here. sorry but my is that tough times call for tougher people and that thinking outside the box is a must right now to make it in ANY line of work. you can bash me all you want, but i'm droppin my prices, cuttin overhead, and makin it happen.
word....

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
How come I throw out gay wake boarding tickets and baseball tickets that I get for free and pay to go see other events? It's not nessecarily about how much you pay, it's how much you think it's worth.
word....

Originally Posted by Clint Ewing
If all it took was a little undercutting to get the ramp 2 ramp shows, somebody wasn't doing their job initially to keep the shows.

-Clint

and WORD.....
Old 01-10-2008, 02:03 PM

tett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by F4EaSyE
what about the doctor bill for after the hookers.. whos going to cover that.. that should be written in the contract as well

that should fall somewheres into the insurance portion of the contract!!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 02:49 PM

steelhead1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nate-VMC
that type of market change is a direct effect to a poor economy. Our economy doesn't really have that large of an effect on stunt shows right now. lol

i hear ya, except to the point that a guy like me, who actually makes more dough than the average guy i think, can't so much afford to spend a hundred or two to ride out and go to a show. i know the show doesn't cost that much, but the gas, food, drinks, etc. end up gettin you. i went to rhode island (4 hrs.) and downstate ct. (2 hrs.) last year to watch shows. i don't know if it'll be as easy this year to just take off and do that cause all my $$ are wrapped up in the family. times like this luxury things like shows are the FIRST thing people have to cut out. so the trickle down effect can hurt the shows.... kinda i guess . just looking at it from a supply and demand point of view.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:50 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point

the ramp to ramp shows are garbage anyway... then never even coverd enough for the gas to get to the ****** thing and get back home anyway...
and then you gotta deeal wit all the stuffshirts... not allowed to film then on top of it your promised as we make a sacrifice now it will pay off in the following seasons to come.... lol... yeah right.. then the next year comes and somebody else is got the job who was bullshitted the same way....
just from my own personal experience thats all... but this goes even farther back than the ramp to ramp but thats way too much bullshit to stir up now... whatever... it is what it is... all the imposters and cut throats killed the industry...
Old 01-10-2008, 03:02 PM
www.TEAMSELECTFEW.com

G-machine is an unknown quantity at this point

We do things that other people cant do as riders and we should not undercut other riders because they all work hard to get to were there at. we can all make money in this sport if we stick together. I wont even do another show until I feel that we are proffessional enough to charge big money....
Old 01-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

If all it took was a little undercutting to get the ramp 2 ramp shows, somebody wasn't doing their job initially to keep the shows.

-Clint
or this sport is still small enuff that promotors and sponsors alike don't know or don't care what the quality of rider is.

there are two types of riders: those who push the sport ahead to sponsors, promotors,etc so that the sport will grow in turn with their own piece of thepie....

ad riders who only care about their own personal piece of the pie & misrepresent themselves to promotors & sponsors.

which are you?...directed at everyone.

I don't know all the details of this sitch except tha I'm pretty sure that everything hs been handled & is allset.

as fo announcers, it can make or break the show, plain & simple. & thomas' contributions to the overall progress of the sportdoesnt even needto be defended.

ask urself...what have u done for the sport? r u a giver or a taker?

don't make me call people out! lol I'm in the mood for some popcorn....
Old 01-10-2008, 03:16 PM

DEBO is a decent person

Can i get some Butta?
Old 01-10-2008, 03:21 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

you won't do it
Old 01-10-2008, 03:39 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
there are two types of riders: those who push the sport ahead to sponsors, promotors,etc so that the sport will grow in turn with their own piece of thepie....

ad riders who only care about their own personal piece of the pie & misrepresent themselves to promotors & sponsors.

Well I guess that makes me number two. I ride for my own personal fun. I ride so I can have fun, not to impress others or make money. I ride because its what I love to do. I can go hit a lot, and ride alone all day.. Thats what I do 75% of the time anyways cause im the only one that stunts around here.

I take riding for what it is, a hobby thats fun to do. I don't try to make money off it, I never expect to make money off it.

Personally I think its funny people bitching about being undercut.. Hey it's a part of life!

IMO you shouldn't be looking at riding motorcyles as a main form of income.. If thats what your doing, I think you have lost focus on what riding is about.. FUN!

How many people, when they first hopped on a bike, or rode that first power wheelie said "This isn't about the fun, it isn't about making friends, it isn't about riding, its all about the money"

It was probably more like, you started to get good at what you did, you saw you were better then the others, and you thought "hell I can make some monye doing this"
Then it turned into "this is all I should have to do for money"

and now someone undercuts you, and its like "oooh, I wanna beat there *** and steal there keys, or talk ****, or try to shut them down"

Tuff luck! I know im not very good on a sport bike, I know I couldn't put on a show.. If I had more skill and more tricks in my bags, I'd LOVE To do a show at any price.. FREE even..
Hell I'd do a fiddy show today for free.. Of course no one would show up execpt little kids

Personally I just love to get down and ride.. I ride whether or not I have someone watching.. I think its sick to have people impressed by what I do. But at the same time, im not gonna be charging anyone to watch me have fun and enjoy my self lol..

It would be cool to get paid to ride, but I doubt at any point in my life I'll be looking at riding as a main form of income..

I notice a lot of stunters have other people work on their bikes, have sponsors work on their bikes, but then bitch about being undercut?
Well take the first step, get rid of some overhead costs, and put your own bike together...

My main form of income, is working on everyone elses bikes around here.. Haven't worked in over a year, make all my cash off working on bikes/cars/computers...

I think its awesome what you guys do, I have MAD respect for all the professionals of this sport.. It's awesome you can make money doing it too.. I just don't think every stunter that takes 1st place at a comp, should expect to be paid in this sport..

If you can't ride without being paid, IMO you shouldn't be riding..
Thats my shitty 2 cents and it wasn't aimed at anyone.

Last edited by Towlieee; 01-10-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:13 PM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point

Or chris you have the tired of all the bullshit riders out there... But unfoprtunatly from our generation alot of the good guys stopped giving a **** a long time ago and arent even around no more...

or this sport is still small enuff that promotors and sponsors alike don't know or don't care what the quality of rider is.

I don't know all the details of this sitch except tha I'm pretty sure that everything hs been handled & is allset.

as fo announcers, it can make or break the show, plain & simple. & thomas' contributions to the overall progress of the sportdoesnt even needto be defended.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:40 PM
www.chicksdigscars.com.au

mike_rock is an unknown quantity at this point

This **** seems to happen worldwide... and you cant tell people what to do and you can only represent yourself really.

There is mass respect from me to all the OG's that are still around and trying to keep the sport flowing in the direction it should be going, promoting competitions where riders will have to let their ability bring home the money.

Competitions if they become popular enough and draws fans will then bring sponsors who want to capitalize on a riders popularity. Business for the most part only care about making a dollar, when they see value then they will pay for the exposure you can offer them.

Some people will always carry themselves well, just never have the opportunity to make it... others will make their own opportunity by giving everything and not holding back and possibly even stepping on toes occasionally (cause someone always gets upset when losing something to someone else).

Thats my 2 cents anyway...
Old 01-10-2008, 07:43 PM

Clint Ewing is an unknown quantity at this point

Everybody contributes to the sport of stunt riding in some form or another. Some people "contribute" in more ways than others.
I can just answer with the fact that I did not enter this sport because I thought I can contribute something to it..I got into the sport for the feeling it left me at the end of the day!

write that down somewhere!

-Clint Ewing
Old 01-10-2008, 07:58 PM
The Mountain Killer

JonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the roughJonnY X is a jewel in the rough

2 ****** funny stfu all of you and go ride in the snow or the sun wherever you are.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:58 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

I can just answer with the fact that I did not enter this sport because I thought I can contribute something to it..I got into the sport for the feeling it left me at the end of the day!

-Clint Ewing
+1. it would be nice to be "bigtime" and make tons of dollas doing this.. however that is in the back of my head.. I still have adrenaline shake every time i get off my bike.. as comfortable as i feel i still get them jitterzz.
And towlie... +1 as well.. it is about having fun and coming together as a group.. like it was back in the day when we all first started.. going out rippin power wheelies down the interstate seeing who out of all friends could hold the longest wheelie.. the who could turn em and so on and so forth.. I do it for fun and that is my main focus, not losing site of this being fun, but by all means if i bust my *** and get to the point where i could be of the "pro" status, I would kill to achieve that goal.. That to me is more of a personal goal and a way to keep me riding by chasing sponsors and getting some fresh hook ups to not spend as much money on the damn bike.. But at the second that you lose sight of the fun part of it I feel imo you have lost sight of the actual hobby/sport/profession and it becomes stressful and not fun anymore... My and again not directed at anyone particularly...
Old 01-10-2008, 08:41 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Well I guess that makes me number two. I ride for my own personal fun. I ride so I can have fun, not to impress others or make money. I ride because its what I love to do. I can go hit a lot, and ride alone all day.. Thats what I do 75% of the time anyways cause im the only one that stunts around here.

I take riding for what it is, a hobby thats fun to do. I don't try to make money off it, I never expect to make money off it.

Personally I think its funny people bitching about being undercut.. Hey it's a part of life!

IMO you shouldn't be looking at riding motorcyles as a main form of income.. If thats what your doing, I think you have lost focus on what riding is about.. FUN!

How many people, when they first hopped on a bike, or rode that first power wheelie said "This isn't about the fun, it isn't about making friends, it isn't about riding, its all about the money"

It was probably more like, you started to get good at what you did, you saw you were better then the others, and you thought "hell I can make some monye doing this"
Then it turned into "this is all I should have to do for money"

and now someone undercuts you, and its like "oooh, I wanna beat there *** and steal there keys, or talk ****, or try to shut them down"

Tuff luck! I know im not very good on a sport bike, I know I couldn't put on a show.. If I had more skill and more tricks in my bags, I'd LOVE To do a show at any price.. FREE even..
Hell I'd do a fiddy show today for free.. Of course no one would show up execpt little kids

Personally I just love to get down and ride.. I ride whether or not I have someone watching.. I think its sick to have people impressed by what I do. But at the same time, im not gonna be charging anyone to watch me have fun and enjoy my self lol..

It would be cool to get paid to ride, but I doubt at any point in my life I'll be looking at riding as a main form of income..

I notice a lot of stunters have other people work on their bikes, have sponsors work on their bikes, but then bitch about being undercut?
Well take the first step, get rid of some overhead costs, and put your own bike together...

My main form of income, is working on everyone elses bikes around here.. Haven't worked in over a year, make all my cash off working on bikes/cars/computers...

I think its awesome what you guys do, I have MAD respect for all the professionals of this sport.. It's awesome you can make money doing it too.. I just don't think every stunter that takes 1st place at a comp, should expect to be paid in this sport..

If you can't ride without being paid, IMO you shouldn't be riding..
Thats my shitty 2 cents and it wasn't aimed at anyone.
this **** will go round and round forever because everyone is right depending on what your interests are. by this i mean if youre into stunting to make a living and someone does a show at a cheaper rate, you feel as if that rider is hindering your pay. on the other hand if you are a mediocre rider and get the chance to perform for a crowd regardless of wage are you wrong for accepting the offer?

i see both sides and IMO neither is wrong or right, but if youre really into upping the wages of riders, thomas had the best advice, book the show for pro riders and take some off the top.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Everybody contributes to the sport of stunt riding in some form or another. Some people "contribute" in more ways than others.

-Clint Ewing
noone started riding to 'contribute' to the sport, we all started riding for the fun & that's why we'll all continue to ride no matter wat.

however not everyone contribute to the sport. some leave bad tastes in promotors/spnsors mouths by their actions or inactions.

& there are plenty of people misrepresenting themselves, their abilities, their #'s, etc to sponsors & promoters which in turn only hurts the riders who really r trying to push the sport ahead which will in turn make it possible for $ & sponsors to be more readily available for more people.

write this one down &look at it every day:

which am I? someone who helps others or helps just myself.

well that's a bad quote but interesting nonetheless...anyways, gimme some more wings & a beer
Old 01-10-2008, 11:01 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Chris, I knew there was a reason why I like you!

the difference between a pro athlete and an amateur is in a lot of these posts. When you decide to make your hobby your profession, you have the change the way you look at it, and become a professional on every level. The people who are willing to pay a pro will, and those who'd rather pay an amateur will do that.

The pros will benefit from establishing a clear defined set of rules that address just such things, break the rules, have your pro card suspended, keep doing it, it'll be pulled. Together you have a lot more control over the direction your sport takes than bucking each other at the individual level.

when marketing yourself, stress the fact that you are a pro, and that this sport is dangerous, so they're better off getting a proven rider than risking the crowds safety. I don't think you guys sould be showing up for less than $5k plus per diem.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:25 PM

MCGYVER is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok here is my . As far as price. My team charges $.35 per mile for out of town shows with a $200 per rider perdium per day plus hotel acomidations. If the promoter does not provide insurance and won't accept a release of liability form than no show. I know it's not much but it works for us. And as far as stunters under cutting stunters. WTF I have a strict policy of not being a douche bag. If a team already has a show guess what that event is off limits to you. If you work hard enough to book a show and get it matted down then another team comes in and under cuts you they can go to the local sex shop, buy a ***** and go f*ck yourself. Yes it's about having fun and riding but it's also about being a good person and helping your fellow stunter. Don't undercut someone just to get yourself out there cause thats just wrong. I got into this sport to have fun and ride, not to worry about some squid trying to get pune by taking one of my shows and doing it for kibbles. Grow up, man up, or just sit back and watch the pros.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 PM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person

**** it lets all go hit a spot up with some BBQ's and have some FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: ramp 2 ramp shows