ramp 2 ramp shows

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:43 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ramp 2 ramp shows

Originally Posted by zride
The riders are who push this stunt industry. Its the riders who are innovative, come up with tricks, put on the show.....not the announcer. I dont think the stunt industry has been pushed to new heights because of an announcer who knows people and the tricks being performed. Announcers are exactly that....Announcers....they are this because they are not very good at the sport they announce. They may be into it but if they were the bomb riders...they would be in the show not announcing the show. Same for wakeboarding....the announcers for pro events are just that....announcers...yes they know the people and have the support but they themselves are not responsible for where the industry has come from or where they are going.. .
you are RETARDED and obviously a NEWBIE. do you even know ANYTHING about Thomas? do you know his past and what he's done to contribute to stuntriding?

how bout did you even know Thomas got into stuntriding as a STUNTER?

AND if youre asking "how much should i charge to do a show?" then maybe you shouldnt even be doin shows cuz youre business skills SUCK anyways!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:47 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

and sorry to break it to you. if you knew ANYTHING about shows or sports, without an announcer, more then likely it would be BORING AS HELL. try watchin football or basketball on mute. tell me how entertained it keeps you.

ive seen shows without an announcer and lets face it, MOST spectators dont have a clue about what the riders are doin. its the ANNOUNCER that informs them and can keep them from gettin bored.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by dscamry

this would of been just fine

sytfu woulda sufficed as well, u had that this thread didn't need.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

Originally Posted by SIC J
you are RETARDED and obviously a NEWBIE. do you even know ANYTHING about Thomas? do you know his past and what he's done to contribute to stuntriding?

how bout did you even know Thomas got into stuntriding as a STUNTER?

AND if youre asking "how much should i charge to do a show?" then maybe you shouldnt even be doin shows cuz youre business skills SUCK anyways!
I don't think there was any need to insult the guy. I think he's trying to say that the riders are more important than the announcer. I agree with that. The annoucer can make or break a show yeah but it's def the 2nd element to the stunters themselves. We make the sport what it is as a group not one person.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:30 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

thomas is not just an announcer....wake up people....do your homework and a little research......come on.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:38 PM

MATT L is a decent person

I've announced before
Old 01-09-2008, 10:39 PM

steelhead1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan S
how much should a show cost??? well....it depends on travel.....and number of riders.....your gas needs to be paid, as does your hotel, as does your food.....your time is the most important.....all shows are different......charity shows i charge les......things like that need to be considered.....your experience is worth the most....

i may not know how to stunt that well but i know buiseness. i own a construction biz that does pretty well. these are hard times for EVERYONE. my reputation used to carry me above "fly by nighters". nowadays, the market's fucked. people take the lowest numbers. i have to compete with guys who rarely pay their men, let alone carry insurance. no one cares how much my gas costs, or food, or hotels when i have to travel. that's part of your price. it'd be a wonderful world if it was paid like that. i guess it is for celebs. but it doesn't seem like stunters have hit celeb status anywhere but here. sorry but my is that tough times call for tougher people and that thinking outside the box is a must right now to make it in ANY line of work. you can bash me all you want, but i'm droppin my prices, cuttin overhead, and makin it happen.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 PM

RIDEit?STUNTit! is a decent person

annoucers are half of the show.
angelo (G LO) is a pimp mic man.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:37 PM

S.I.T can only hope to improve

I understand the pillar for integrity in this sport, but you honestly cannot be naive to the fact, that something like this was inevitable? Yeah, it sucks for the real pros who pour thier blood, heart, sweat and tears into this sport, for someone or somebody to come and undercut them. But that's business, IMHO. It's all about supply and demand. If there is someone out there that is willing to supply somewhat of a show at a lower cost, why wouldnt they jump on that? Honestly, the average joe doesnt really care if they see alot of pizzaz in a stunt show. They're just worried about how much the ticket to get in is gonna cost.....

But, hopefully with more innovative and technical tricks that are being discovered everyday, we can hope to acheive a very happy medium where we can or pro's, can be financially compensated for their efforts.....
Old 01-10-2008, 01:18 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
I don't think there was any need to insult the guy. I think he's trying to say that the riders are more important than the announcer. I agree with that. The annoucer can make or break a show yeah but it's def the 2nd element to the stunters themselves. We make the sport what it is as a group not one person.
+1 thomas has done great things and will continue to do great things, but if you put it all on him to do everything, then you are a bunch of dicks that no one should deal with. capiche?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:32 AM
BOOBS

Cody W is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan S
thomas is not just an announcer....wake up people....do your homework and a little research......come on.
+1 thomas has done a great deal for the sport and i certianly wouldnt want him on your ***
Old 01-10-2008, 01:35 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

still waiting for thomas to chime in...
Old 01-10-2008, 01:37 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by zride
The riders are who push this stunt industry. Its the riders who are innovative, come up with tricks, put on the show.....not the announcer. I dont think the stunt industry has been pushed to new heights because of an announcer who knows people and the tricks being performed. Announcers are exactly that....Announcers....they are this because they are not very good at the sport they announce. They may be into it but if they were the bomb riders...they would be in the show not announcing the show. Same for wakeboarding....the announcers for pro events are just that....announcers...yes they know the people and have the support but they themselves are not responsible for where the industry has come from or where they are going.. .
needless to say that you should punch yourself in the face for this
Old 01-10-2008, 10:15 AM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steelhead1
i may not know how to stunt that well but i know buiseness. i own a construction biz that does pretty well. these are hard times for EVERYONE. my reputation used to carry me above "fly by nighters". nowadays, the market's fucked. people take the lowest numbers. i have to compete with guys who rarely pay their men, let alone carry insurance. no one cares how much my gas costs, or food, or hotels when i have to travel. that's part of your price. it'd be a wonderful world if it was paid like that. i guess it is for celebs. but it doesn't seem like stunters have hit celeb status anywhere but here. sorry but my is that tough times call for tougher people and that thinking outside the box is a must right now to make it in ANY line of work. you can bash me all you want, but i'm droppin my prices, cuttin overhead, and makin it happen.

that type of market change is a direct effect to a poor economy. Our economy doesn't really have that large of an effect on stunt shows right now. lol
Old 01-10-2008, 10:39 AM

joey b is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
If there's already a going rate for shows like this, why doesnt anyone say what it is?

Everybody does shows and nobody ever says any numbers. How can one know if he's undercutting if he doesnt know how much it SHOULD pay?

Numbers were starting to come out in the thread that got deleted

EX......$700-$1000 per ride travel and stay. but it depends on the show how big is it!!!!!!!!

think about it 20k people at event about $20 a ticket to get in.$1000 a ride is pennys for them to pay
Old 01-10-2008, 11:21 AM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S.I.T
They're just worried about how much the ticket to get in is gonna cost.....
How come I throw out gay wake boarding tickets and baseball tickets that I get for free and pay to go see other events? It's not nessecarily about how much you pay, it's how much you think it's worth.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:23 AM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by S.I.T
Honestly, the average joe doesnt really care if they see alot of pizzaz in a stunt show.

Maybe things are different where you live.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:04 PM

Clint Ewing is an unknown quantity at this point

If all it took was a little undercutting to get the ramp 2 ramp shows, somebody wasn't doing their job initially to keep the shows.

-Clint
Old 01-10-2008, 01:12 PM

DEBO is a decent person

I said I would do all the ramp to ramp shows for free, but somebody has to pay for the hookers......
Old 01-10-2008, 01:17 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DEBO
I said I would do all the ramp to ramp shows for free, but somebody has to pay for the hookers......
what about the doctor bill for after the hookers.. whos going to cover that.. that should be written in the contract as well

Quick Reply: ramp 2 ramp shows