ramp 2 ramp shows

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 01:57 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: ramp 2 ramp shows

Originally Posted by zride
edited.....your right...I gots to have some respect....sorry I should just shut my trap on this one!
uh oh big mistake.. hes talking about everyone sticking together and sticking to a certain price.. like a union.. whether your an amatuer or a pro u have a set price for your skills and people cant shop that to a lower price=less experienced rider to jump in and steal a show from you b c he will do it for some gas money and some free drinks to hang out.. It is plain and simply understanding business and how it works.. To move it as a sport or a business you have to act as such i.e. not whoring your skills out for a cheap price and screwing everyone else out making producers and the people that put shows on think that every rider or team is going to do a show for that low ball price from now on.. it aint like that at all.. The only thing at all that i would slightly disagree with ryan on is the fact that it is all business and no fun.. It has to be fun and thats what makes it so enjoyable if you are getting paid.. Doing something you love to do and making money at it.. Hard to fukin do these days.. But at the same time if you are trying to move the sport and make a living or even a partial living off of this you have to have standards and know business and move it as such..
Old 01-09-2008, 01:58 PM

i see zride took back his opinion..
Old 01-09-2008, 02:00 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

One time I'll reply without reading the posts,,,Finally mainstream bitches !!! Undercutting shows ??? This is the type of **** that needs to get thrown under the rug and forgotten about "What happened to killing the streets with you're friends and saying FTP !!!!!!!!" Lots of "stunters" have sold the funk out..Not even close to what this use to be about.

Not directed at any one personall, just my observation since I've been here.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:05 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

was it about that monster jam show? I read up on the that thread before it vanished. I too think it was deleted for a good reason, looked like it was just one big screw up on one of the promoters part. No one really or intentionally undercut anybody else. No disrespect to you Ryan, but maybe you should check up with Thomas on this and ask him yourself before you started this thread.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:55 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PLAYA-P
One time I'll reply without reading the posts,,,Finally mainstream bitches !!! Undercutting shows ??? This is the type of **** that needs to get thrown under the rug and forgotten about "What happened to killing the streets with you're friends and saying FTP !!!!!!!!" Lots of "stunters" have sold the funk out..Not even close to what this use to be about.

Not directed at any one personall, just my observation since I've been here.
nobody is trying to take the streets away from anyone. the guys who want to go pro just need to sell it pro, all the way. you know that a lot of the companies who don't want to pay a pro athlete to come out will end up coming back around after things go poorly dealing with the amateurs.

when you work with an established system things sort themselves out better on the pro side. streets? do what you do.

I'll stop now. I like the street side, too, but couldn't really set up shop on that side. the kind of cred you guys have on the streets I have in office buildings. but my wheelies are garbage.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

i didnt bother reading page 2 but page one was enough for me. thomas ain't my fav internet gangster but as a person he's a stand up guy, makes a bit of change for announcing a whole show with character, he knows the riders and the tricks names he gets the crowd involved without being desperate for response. if there was a serious long term career as an announcer thomas and chubbs would set the standard, but this is about thomas more so. sure pro events have announcers that say some names and introduce an event and the x-games its like the announcers would rather be watchen golf, a monotone hype "oh look at hat 720 back side ski grab, that was insane" (notice the use of caps in that statements... or lack there of) thomas moreso focuses crowd involvement by a "c'mon lets CLAP IT UP FOR THESE GUYS! they dont just wake up and bust these combos THEY PRACTICE!" focususe on key points even though often its a small audience. dirtbike has racingwith jumps, sportbikes got moto gp. dirtbike has its own freestyle events, its only time til we get ours too, but without open places to practice its getten harder n harder and then negative media slows it down because riders hit the streets. too bad we cant just hit the woods and go hard, otherwise it'd be easy i guess. stunt riding won't be huge because ur grandpa who used to trail on his 90 wont wanna watch stunt bikes in an arena just cus hes a harley guy. it's gonna get big but it'll be another couple years or more when most of us are in our 40's before the appreciation is thewre for it to be huge, but by then bike manufacturers would've ruined it by their desire for bikes to be almost track built for the street and throw away quality to save a few pounds. remember gpz ninjas? hard as hell to work on but if u ever rode a few hundred stoppies on 'em the fork legs wouldnt quit like they do now(but thats another issue) the biggest point is thomas does a lot and undercutting a person like him is disrespect to the person and the sport that he's helped build show accpetance for. i'm not kissen his ***, but dam, if i see him in the street n had the avenue to i would take the time to shake his hand.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:18 PM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

Stunters undercutting stunters....what has the world come too......
Name:  crazy_face.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  81.7 KB
Old 01-09-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by EEKENTERPRISES
Stunters undercutting stunters....what has the world come too......
prob the most frightening picture i have ever seen..
Old 01-09-2008, 04:49 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E RacK
the biggest point is thomas does a lot, and undercutting a person like him is disrespect to the person and the sport that he's helped build show accpetance for.
this would of been just fine
Old 01-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i tried last year to survive in the REAL world as only riding as an income....doesn't work.....insurance is a big part of today's society, if you don't have it your screwed....i had to go back to work for the dnr...

that's a whole other topic.....what i'm worried about is people thinking that they are pro stunters and don't know how to carry themselves like a pro.....if one of these riders gets hurt in one of these venues you can kiss ramp 2 ramp xsba good bye......simple as that.....people need respect
Old 01-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

So what's a good price for a show?

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:51 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

If there's already a going rate for shows like this, why doesnt anyone say what it is?

Everybody does shows and nobody ever says any numbers. How can one know if he's undercutting if he doesnt know how much it SHOULD pay?

Numbers were starting to come out in the thread that got deleted
Old 01-09-2008, 06:38 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

JMO but a pro riders union round table should settle the pro rate, I don't know how amateur is handled. and always keep travel, lodging and per diem as separate. it costs more for some than others
Old 01-09-2008, 07:06 PM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MikeM
If there's already a going rate for shows like this, why doesnt anyone say what it is?

Everybody does shows and nobody ever says any numbers. How can one know if he's undercutting if he doesnt know how much it SHOULD pay?

Numbers were starting to come out in the thread that got deleted
+1..it seems like the prices are kept as a secret most of the time
Old 01-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

how much should a show cost??? well....it depends on travel.....and number of riders.....your gas needs to be paid, as does your hotel, as does your food.....your time is the most important.....all shows are different......charity shows i charge les......things like that need to be considered.....your experience is worth the most....
Old 01-09-2008, 08:04 PM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

The riders are who push this stunt industry. Its the riders who are innovative, come up with tricks, put on the show.....not the announcer. I dont think the stunt industry has been pushed to new heights because of an announcer who knows people and the tricks being performed. Announcers are exactly that....Announcers....they are this because they are not very good at the sport they announce. They may be into it but if they were the bomb riders...they would be in the show not announcing the show. Same for wakeboarding....the announcers for pro events are just that....announcers...yes they know the people and have the support but they themselves are not responsible for where the industry has come from or where they are going.. .
Old 01-09-2008, 08:08 PM

budd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the roughbudd is a jewel in the rough

The riders are who push this stunt industry. Its the riders who are innovative, come up with tricks, put on the show.....not the announcer. I dont think the stunt industry has been pushed to new heights because of an announcer who knows people and the tricks being performed. Announcers are exactly that....Announcers....they are this because they are not very good at the sport they announce. They may be into it but if they were the bomb riders...they would be in the show not announcing the show. Same for wakeboarding....the announcers for pro events are just that....announcers...yes they know the people and have the support but they themselves are not responsible for where the industry has come from or where they are going.. .
Old 01-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

Originally Posted by excessa
JMO but a pro riders union round table should settle the pro rate, I don't know how amateur is handled. and always keep travel, lodging and per diem as separate. it costs more for some than others
too many decent riders too many personalities too many ideas and please end with the amateur / pro stuff, stuntriding is wayyyyyy too vague. there's no way to make everyone feel included thus no way to have any type of real or broad unity. I'm not saying undercutting if you can call it that is right but since I'm not part of the "pro" or in crowd naturally i identify with the small local guys. I can go out there and kill it in a show safely just like a "pro." what im wondering is when is everyone gonna get off this pro stuff, i mean there's guys that make a living off of it and guys that don't. I certainly don't make anywhere near a living off riding but i've seen a few "pro" riders that i can hold my own with. Anyway, just because you're not on the in team doesn't mean you're a shitty rider. Tried to hold my breath but i couldn't. sick of the big ego driven dbags that think they control this game.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

+1
Old 01-09-2008, 08:16 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

oh god

Quick Reply: ramp 2 ramp shows