Full Throttle Bill Does It Again! New Hand Brake Era.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 01:29 AM

trickshow is a decent person
Re: Full Throttle Bill Does It Again! New Hand Brake Era.

Originally Posted by georgeeboy
bro do not put it on the throttle side. and if u r just learning dont worry about rev limiter coasters. just switch from the clutch to brake with your pointer finger. when u get used to it and have a lot of seat time the two finger will be easier.
ok
Old 01-10-2008, 01:32 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

there are many idiots in this world, and I am happy to report Bill Mcmahon is not one of these people.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:32 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by georgeeboy
ya dude burnouts r way to hard but the thing is to not use the brake doing them
didnt you just say you'd be amazed if someone could use the throttle and brake at the same time on the same clip-on?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by excessa
there are many idiots in this world, and I am happy to report Bill Mcmahon is not one of these people.
ive been seeing you post a lot lately and have been meaning to ask you...

who let you out of the kitchen ?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:55 AM

georgeeboy is a decent person

Originally Posted by stock05
didnt you just say you'd be amazed if someone could use the throttle and brake at the same time on the same clip-on?
ya for the rear handbrake.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:45 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

ive been seeing you post a lot lately and have been meaning to ask you...

who let you out of the kitchen ?

I escaped.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:31 AM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VK_Boomer
I wonder if its going to stay bleed or everytime you go to ride you have to bleed the system. because i know when i tried to put my reseverior lower than the master, it would not stay bleed. just wondering if this would have the same problem since the stock reseverior is lower than the upper master.
it would be fairly easy to bleed if you have a bleeder vacuum pump to suck the fluid through the system. and the reason u have to bleed alot is because you have either a leak in the system or you are leaving air in the resevoir after you bleed the system and when falling alot air bubbles escape the resevoir back into the system... if you have a brembo the easiest way to solve this:
1. bleed the system
2 fill the resevior and put the cap on
3. hold the resevoir upside down and the master so that the bleeder is up
4. tap and move the res. around to get the air up to the master
5. bleed the master one last time using a hose on the nipple w. another resevoir that way u can pump the brake w/out letting air back in and ur all set! no air in the system at all!
i've only had to bleed my hb ONCE!!! never had any probs since
Old 01-10-2008, 01:26 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I don't get all the bleeding problems people have

I don't use vacume bleeders, I don't use a tube in a bucket of brake fluid..

I just bleed it the normal old way, and it works within 5 minutes and is solid every time

First I bleed it at the master cylinder by loosening the line tell I start getting fluid pumping out. Then I bleed it at the rear master tell I get tons of fluid coming out (still using the HB to pump) then I bleed it at the rear caliper..

Usually takes 5 minutes or less and the HB is rock hard from there and on
Old 01-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Mikeith
it would be fairly easy to bleed if you have a bleeder vacuum pump to suck the fluid through the system. and the reason u have to bleed alot is because you have either a leak in the system or you are leaving air in the resevoir after you bleed the system and when falling alot air bubbles escape the resevoir back into the system... if you have a brembo the easiest way to solve this:
1. bleed the system
2 fill the resevior and put the cap on
3. hold the resevoir upside down and the master so that the bleeder is up
4. tap and move the res. around to get the air up to the master
5. bleed the master one last time using a hose on the nipple w. another resevoir that way u can pump the brake w/out letting air back in and ur all set! no air in the system at all!
i've only had to bleed my hb ONCE!!! never had any probs since
+1
Old 01-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by trickshow
no but if u think about it ... when having thw hb on the right side u can easily use both the clutch and hb at the sametime....like when doing a rev limiter if u start going bak wouldnt it be easier to use the handbrake with ur right hand cuz ur left is already holding in the clutch.....yes u could switch real quick but wouldnt it be easier ... i dont get using two fingers ....one on clutch ...one on hand brake thing..that leaves u with only three fingers and the pinky doesnt really count lol. but wat do i kno im a squid and neva had a hb before ....i was just wondering , i didnt kno
actually all your grip comes from your pinky and no it would make things much more complicated
Old 01-10-2008, 03:10 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

that drawing is priceless! hahaha

Bill, nice work, where were you with this before I bought my dual caliper bracket, brembo, super long line, and found out I had a baby on the way???
Before then I woulda had the cash to just TRY it out.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Huck Nasty

mhardw3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder if its going to stay bleed or everytime you go to ride you have to bleed the system. because i know when i tried to put my reseverior lower than the master, it would not stay bleed. just wondering if this would have the same problem since the stock reseverior is lower than the upper master.
Could you run a longer cable and mount it somewhere else so that its lower than the reservoir if this is the concern? Maybe mount it out back somewhere on the frame? Thats a lot less braided line and I would think cable is cheaper than the line also.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Team Johnnie Do

Johnnie Do is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you seriously think they didnt test that before putting it on the market?
Old 01-10-2008, 07:30 PM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Johnnie Do
Do you seriously think they didnt test that before putting it on the market?
+1

you guys act like his **** hits the market without testing

if u have forgot

nothing hes made has ever been recalled back
it is always a bombastic part and everyone loves his ****
Old 01-10-2008, 08:08 PM

DECEPTICON13 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like it might get in the way for a full fairing bike (stay) with all the lines and if its mounted where it is in pics the machined mc might hit the stay when fullycocked to the left

but other than that it looks awesome, if i had the money i would try it out
Old 01-10-2008, 10:29 PM

Bill tests his **** more than NASA before they launch a shuttle!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
Bill tests his **** more than NASA before they launch a shuttle!
looking at how the last few shuttle's met their demise, thats not necessarilly a good thing
Old 01-10-2008, 10:51 PM

looking at how the last few shuttle's met their demise, thats not necessarilly a good thing
thats because Bill wasnt there to test everything out for them first!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:04 AM

Outlawtorn50 is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the concept. It's ideas like this that spawn further great inventions. As for the design itself...Looks pretty solid. The good part about a traditional style handbrake is the simplicity. You're transferring pressure directly from the lever to the fluid so-to-speak. This setup adds another factor of the cable. There may be a bit of mechanical feeling by having to transfer some motion through a mechanical pulley system as compared to straight hydraulic. Another thing to look at is the more the merrier isn't always true. I don't doubt Bill has done thorough research and testing, but how are these going to hold up to the test of time? By adding an extra cable and fulcrum-lever setup is that just setting the table for more things to break?

I am stoked to see the innovation Bill has come up with. I think he does absolutely wonderful things in furthering the sport. Like any great idea, there is improvement to make a good idea, great. I didn't run out to get an iPhone, nor will I be quick to dump my Brembo setup for now. I think I will wait a little bit to see how this concept holds up.

A+ work Bill. You continue to impress all!
Old 01-11-2008, 01:05 PM

mike1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Outlawtorn50
I love the concept. It's ideas like this that spawn further great inventions. As for the design itself...Looks pretty solid. The good part about a traditional style handbrake is the simplicity. You're transferring pressure directly from the lever to the fluid so-to-speak. This setup adds another factor of the cable. There may be a bit of mechanical feeling by having to transfer some motion through a mechanical pulley system as compared to straight hydraulic. Another thing to look at is the more the merrier isn't always true. I don't doubt Bill has done thorough research and testing, but how are these going to hold up to the test of time? By adding an extra cable and fulcrum-lever setup is that just setting the table for more things to break?

I am stoked to see the innovation Bill has come up with. I think he does absolutely wonderful things in furthering the sport. Like any great idea, there is improvement to make a good idea, great. I didn't run out to get an iPhone, nor will I be quick to dump my Brembo setup for now. I think I will wait a little bit to see how this concept holds up.

A+ work Bill. You continue to impress all!
+1 my setup is GREAT but i'll hold out to see what everyone says about how it feels compared to a brembo.... unless someone is willing to give me $450 for my setup (billet brembo 16x18, 70" stainless line, ho_hey dual caliper bracket w/ caliper)

Quick Reply: Full Throttle Bill Does It Again! New Hand Brake Era.