Need opinions on keeping/selling stuntbike

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:37 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person
Need opinions on keeping/selling stuntbike

I got my newest bike delivered from montreal on xmas eve ..its an '05 gsx-r750 (some front end damage ..the one in my avatar) and i was going to mod it out for a lot monster. i should have done more homework before i made this purchase as it seems that the best bike to use as a stunt bike would be a 636 or f4i.. .should i fix up the gixer and make 3 grand or learn to stunt the gixer? i ride an '06 750 gixer on the streets so i thought it might be a bit easier to learn on the same bike....is it that big of a difference for stunting betweent these bikes?? opinions appreciated. been riding all my life but new to sl and stunting in general but cant wait for spring!!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:06 PM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need opinions on keeping/selling stuntbike

if you are just learning get a scrapeworks subframe cuz you will tare it up. and get the stuntex oil pickup for it as well
Old 01-06-2008, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by fsbABE
if you are just learning get a scrapeworks subframe cuz you will tare it up. and get the stuntex oil pickup for it as well

thanks! if i use the bike for stunting i plan to def get a stuntex oil p/u but sub cage will prolly be from OMR and not sure what engine cage i am getting ..have brake lines on order already i was gonna use for my '06 gixer..will need a new damper as the stock one is broke off the front of the bike.. doubt i will need a 12 or round bar for a while lol.appreciate opinions on everything. is there that much of a difference between the bikes?? real stunters seem to beat up on suzuki.. should i sell it and get something different for the parking lot?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:31 PM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point

I stunt a 05 GSXR 750 and love it. the subframes are junk but otherwise they are good bikes. and he meant subframe, not subcage, if you decide to buy a subframe hit me up, my shop, Tandem Designwurx makes aftermarket subframes for the gixxer.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by drgnazz
I stunt a 05 GSXR 750 and love it. the subframes are junk but otherwise they are good bikes. and he meant subframe, not subcage, if you decide to buy a subframe hit me up, my shop, Tandem Designwurx makes aftermarket subframes for the gixxer.

thanks drgnazz.. i am here to learn so i dont mind askin questions! i thought that the bike had a sub frame but htat u could replace it with a sub cage? i know that the rear pegs are bendy already and im 200lbs!... how long u stunting? do you find the bike twitchy? do u use stock sprockets? i really want to use the bike as a lot bike but dont want to be held back im old and need to learn fast ! LOL
Old 01-06-2008, 10:52 PM
DC Kustoms

you will need to replace the stock subframe with an aftermarket one, the subcage will eliminate the peg flexing but not the weak subframe problem. one hard hit and the subframe will break, even with the OMR subcage. I run a 15 up front and a 60 in the rear and that seems to work good for me.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by drgnazz
you will need to replace the stock subframe with an aftermarket one, the subcage will eliminate the peg flexing but not the weak subframe problem. one hard hit and the subframe will break, even with the OMR subcage. I run a 15 up front and a 60 in the rear and that seems to work good for me.
i have decided to keep the 05 750 and stunt it so am thinkin about selling the rear and left lower plastic as it is in good shape. will have to get all teh fixins over the next few months ... thanks for your help its appreciated!!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:36 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

you will be fine.. and you will want to get a 12 or round bar.. ur going to tear the **** out of that subframe if u dont.. why wait a while.. you should be able to get out there and scrape in the first couple days man..
Old 01-09-2008, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by F4EaSyE
you will be fine.. and you will want to get a 12 or round bar.. ur going to tear the **** out of that subframe if u dont.. why wait a while.. you should be able to get out there and scrape in the first couple days man..
well i dont know bout in a couple of days but u never know! i guess because i dont care if i drop it (well somewhat of course) i may progress as far as my ***** will let me! **** i cant wait till spring. Its fun to go out in the snow in the 4x4 jeep but gas is so expensive!! your so lucky to be able to ride every day!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by gixer7fitty
well i dont know bout in a couple of days but u never know! i guess because i dont care if i drop it (well somewhat of course) i may progress as far as my ***** will let me! **** i cant wait till spring. Its fun to go out in the snow in the 4x4 jeep but gas is so expensive!! your so lucky to be able to ride every day!
yeah you will be surprised man.. you get used to it kinda quick.. its all about seat time.. i just moved down here from nebraska man so trust me i know about cold and snow.. im selling my jeep i had right now b c i dont 4x4 ne more nor the jeep.. but i love it down here.. ill never move back.. learning curve has shot through the roof ridin with these guys..
Old 01-09-2008, 02:36 PM
DC Kustoms

yeah, it helps to be able to ride with people that are good, it helps push you to learn faster. I am so busy making parts that I dont get to ride consistently anymore, maybe once every two weeks. good luck and dont forget to cover your brake and try to GENTLY scrape or that subframe will break the first time you hit it hard.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:40 PM

true be careful with the gsxr subframe.. like i said get a bar on there or some sort of indicator that ur back there.. and like he said dont stab brake gently move into it and let engine brake help you out some..

it does help riding with monkeys on motorcycles down here.. ther making me catch up with a quickness..
Old 01-09-2008, 04:23 PM

true be careful with the gsxr subframe.. like i said get a bar on there or some sort of indicator that ur back there.. and like he said dont stab brake gently move into it and let engine brake help you out some..

it does help riding with monkeys on motorcycles down here.. ther making me catch up with a quickness..
There are a few monkeys up here that are the catalysts for my purchase!! they have become my best friends.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by gixer7fitty
There are a few monkeys up here that are the catalysts for my purchase!! they have become my best friends.
yeah it is ridiculous to watch these guys but i just keep practicing and they push me to get better.. it is awesome.. im still catching them tho.. its frustrating as hell but its part of the game..
Old 01-09-2008, 05:32 PM

great man keep poundin the lot but be careful on the streets!!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:33 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

From my personal experience, I would fix that front end and sell it quick!! People love gsxr's so selling it shouldnt be a problem, especially since spring will be here soon. I learned on a gsxr and if I could do it again, it sure wouldnt be one. That subframe is horrible and if you get one with a bad idle your f&%ked!!! If you have an in house tig welder then maybe, cause your gonna be welding alot. Dont get me wrong, gsxr is possible to learn on but your just so much better off on an F4i. 636 isnt a good learning bike either cause the frames are junk. When learning, the only bike i would recomend is the 50 and f2, f3, f4, f4i.
My

p.s. Dont get me wrong its possible to learn on a gsxr all day, but your maintenance on that gsxr is alot more then a f4i.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by 287ridah
p.s. Dont get me wrong its possible to learn on a gsxr all day, but your maintenance on that gsxr is alot more then a f4i.
true.. you can learn on whatever you want.. the maintenance will be a lil bit higher on the gsxr but its already fuked up just rock it and go.. if it becomes to much of a pain in the *** then sell it.. until then rock it and buy a buddy bike sometime soon as well.. 636 or f4i.. prob an f4i just cuz well there the best..
Old 01-09-2008, 05:53 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

true.. you can learn on whatever you want.. the maintenance will be a lil bit higher on the gsxr but its already fuked up just rock it and go.. if it becomes to much of a pain in the *** then sell it.. until then rock it and buy a buddy bike sometime soon as well.. 636 or f4i.. prob an f4i just cuz well there the best..
By the time he realizes the bike sucks its gonna be so fucked up it wont be worth anything. It doesnt look that fucked up right now. He could fix the front end, put on some plastics and make some money. Dont get me wrong I heart gsxr's. But when LEARNING the best bike is honda. There bulletproof. No pickup, frame/subframe are alot better then any other bike. Im speaking from experience too. I wouldnt wish learning on a gsxr to anybody, too many headaches..
Old 01-09-2008, 06:09 PM

dont downplay me.. ive ridden the gxrs too.. never broke a subframe but i also wasnt learning then.. i already had basics down.. personally the gsxr was an awesome bike to ride with some experience.. but then at the same time.. im a honda rider and thats where i stay..
Old 01-09-2008, 06:18 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

calm down. I wasnt down playing anybody. My two cents is that when learning the gsxr is not a good bike to learn on. Its just so much easier to learn on honda's, mainly in maintenance. Plus its a known fact that Gsxr's cause alot of people problems. As a helpful person im letting someone else gain from mine and others experiences, that's all.

Quick Reply: Need opinions on keeping/selling stuntbike