Need opinions on keeping/selling stuntbike

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 06:32 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Need opinions on keeping/selling stuntbike

Originally Posted by 287ridah
calm down. I wasnt down playing anybody. My two cents is that when learning the gsxr is not a good bike to learn on. Its just so much easier to learn on honda's, mainly in maintenance. Plus its a known fact that Gsxr's cause alot of people problems. As a helpful person im letting someone else gain from mine and others experiences, that's all.
dog i was jus playin.. i forgot the lil lol guy but i understand that for sure.. f4is will pretty much teach you idle by it self.. and the reason i like the gsxr at all is just b c it has the power like the 636's do low where the f4i would bog when u give that lil blip, the 636 and gsxr pop right there.. thats the only thing i like about em.. otherwise.. love my honda.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:53 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by F4EaSyE
dog i was jus playin.. i forgot the lil lol guy but i understand that for sure.. f4is will pretty much teach you idle by it self.. and the reason i like the gsxr at all is just b c it has the power like the 636's do low where the f4i would bog when u give that lil blip, the 636 and gsxr pop right there.. thats the only thing i like about em.. otherwise.. love my honda.
LoL
Yeah F4i doesnt have much low end power compared to other bikes. I was cursed for a whole year on my old gsxr. It would be set a 3k then once at bp it would surge down to around 1.5k. Drove me crazy. Before it started to mess up on me it pulled idle great! I used to love doing no throttle hand stuff. I hardly touched the subframe and it snapped. I've had nothing but straight trouble with gsxr's when learning. Gsxr's just require alot of work to maintain them.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by 287ridah
LoL
Yeah F4i doesnt have much low end power compared to other bikes. I was cursed for a whole year on my old gsxr. It would be set a 3k then once at bp it would surge down to around 1.5k. Drove me crazy. Before it started to mess up on me it pulled idle great! I used to love doing no throttle hand stuff. I hardly touched the subframe and it snapped. I've had nothing but straight trouble with gsxr's when learning. Gsxr's just require alot of work to maintain them.
that is true.. ill see if i can get some pics of this sub frame support my buddy had on his 04 gsxr 6.. fricken thing was insane.. wouldnt budge a bit.. ill get some pics of it and post em.. but i love everything but the bog on the f4is..
Old 01-09-2008, 08:41 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

well y'all got me freaked out about keeping this as a stuntbike. i have to put a new roof on my house in the spring and i dont have the room for another bike in my shed. will be stuck with a bike for sale in the spring and no stuntbike to kill. i have to learn on this one.my only other bike right now is a 06 750! have lots of buddies with skilz on the lot and in the garage so i put a SI engine cage, OMR sub cage, oil pickup and brake lines. then its all up to me.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:59 PM

steve02r6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just reinforce your subframe Rob the subcage aint going to help that. Need to do what Aj has done to his instead of spending 700 for one that you dont have . Aj hit hard twice and never broke his I know a few other people that have theirs reinforced the same way and its holding up and if it dont well Art will weld it up for you.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:21 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

check classifieds, theres a guy selling 2 04/05 pickups for $90 get em both n sell me one shipped for $50. u need it! i love gsxs n i own 3. as stated not the best learner bike, my crunchy a 03 600 n i wish to god i had an f4i or 03/04 zx6.... oh well, run what cha brung, get insurance n when u break it and lose it just make sure u know who has it n rebuild it for cheap.... or something
Old 01-09-2008, 09:45 PM

f4i $imp is a decent person

keep it:YEAH
Old 01-09-2008, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by E RacK
check classifieds, theres a guy selling 2 04/05 pickups for $90 get em both n sell me one shipped for $50. u need it! i love gsxs n i own 3. as stated not the best learner bike, my crunchy a 03 600 n i wish to god i had an f4i or 03/04 zx6.... oh well, run what cha brung, get insurance n when u break it and lose it just make sure u know who has it n rebuild it for cheap.... or something

great idea erack (did i tell u i am naming the '05 Jihad?LOL) im down with the pickup split. i will check it and pm u tomorrow. the gf i grabbing my crotch and she wants to love me long time..
Old 01-09-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by steve02r6
Just reinforce your subframe Rob the subcage aint going to help that. Need to do what Aj has done to his instead of spending 700 for one that you dont have . Aj hit hard twice and never broke his I know a few other people that have theirs reinforced the same way and its holding up and if it dont well Art will weld it up for you.

I know stuntman.. i am gonna break off my rear pegs for sure so i might as well get a omr cage.. im gonna be in florida in april i think anyway..will get some pizza sprockets and other stuff too
Old 01-09-2008, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by f4i $imp
done like dinner! thanks bro!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by f4i $imp
done like dinner! thanks bro!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:18 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by gixer7fitty
great idea erack (did i tell u i am naming the '05 Jihad?LOL) im down with the pickup split. i will check it and pm u tomorrow. the gf i grabbing my crotch and she wants to love me long time..

hahahah, u got a '05 jihad 750. watch that grabbin n put ur helmet on, my chick jus told me her time this months 5 days late

Old 01-10-2008, 12:45 AM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point

my subframes are only $350, not 700, and if you use my cage with the subframe it wont break the frame tabs either. No worries about breaking subframes OR frame tabs. and the footpeg brackets are real strong, you dont need a subcage with it.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:03 AM

Ya I think the powers ones are 650 or something but by the time you add tax shipping and get nailed with customs it all adds up. When I got a rim sent up I had to pay an extra $88 just for customs. Ya I dont think Rob has to worry about wearing a helmet hes snipped
Old 01-10-2008, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by steve02r6
Ya I think the powers ones are 650 or something but by the time you add tax shipping and get nailed with customs it all adds up. When I got a rim sent up I had to pay an extra $88 just for customs. Ya I dont think Rob has to worry about wearing a helmet hes snipped

OMR's sub cages are much cheaper than 3fitty. but what ever stuntman (steve02r6) and gavin tell me to do i just...... well... do it (stuntbike wize). i wont be on for while my fawking h/w boiler imploded and made a friggin mess in the basement/evicted tennants apt. HELP STUNTMAN.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by drgnazz
my subframes are only $350, not 700, and if you use my cage with the subframe it wont break the frame tabs either. No worries about breaking subframes OR frame tabs. and the footpeg brackets are real strong, you dont need a subcage with it.
+1 heard good things about this guys work.. good stufff:YEAH
Old 01-10-2008, 01:47 PM

Rob, drgnazz is talking about his subframe for 350 I was comparing the price to powers subframe ( I think lol) He is not talkgin about a sub cage lol OMR makes subcage which is stronger pegs. Drgnazz makes a stronger subframe that doesnt crack off every time you tap it down. You need to go look at your owner manual or something to figure out what the parts on your bike are Oh and sorry couldnt be a help with the hot water boiler I got lots of electricans but no plumbers.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 PM
DC Kustoms

drgnazz is an unknown quantity at this point

the subframe is the whole rear frame section that your battery tray, foot pegs, front and rear seat, tail plastic, and 12 bar mount to. the subcage is a brace to stiffen your footpegs only, not the entire rear frame section.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:46 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gixer7fitty
As a newbie you don't know this but DO NOT do business with E-***. He's a ****** tool and probably one of the shadiest peeps on here.

As for your bike, just learn on the gix. Get yourself an A.M. sub for it though.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
As a newbie you don't know this but DO NOT do business with E-***. He's a ****** tool and probably one of the shadiest peeps on here.

As for your bike, just learn on the gix. Get yourself an A.M. sub for it though.
he seemed pretty nice to me gave me some pointers on getting a gix stuntworthy.. seemed sincere.. i dont know either of u..i guess coming from newfoundland i am a bit too trusting i try not to be but its in my nature ... i do need an oil pickup tho.. that was gonna be my first project on the '05 gix

Quick Reply: Need opinions on keeping/selling stuntbike