Attention Everyone With Footage!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 06:03 PM

Location: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
got_ink123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Attention Everyone With Footage!

Hey, I've started my own production company www.onewheelproductions.com (don't mind the lack of website material i made it in about 20 mins two nights ago)

But I'm trying to get some footage together... if anyone has self footage (not off of a digital still camera or cellphone) you want to let me have for for the dvd i'll give you a copy at the cost of shipping when it's done if it's used! I'm hoping to get it done by late fall this year. Please help! If you can, e-mail me some footage to got_ink123@yahoo.com Thanks!

-Burke
Old 01-06-2008, 06:07 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
Re: Attention Everyone With Footage!

sooooooo another guy making a dvd using everybody elses footage???
Old 01-06-2008, 06:26 PM

lol I'm going to use my own footage but I don't want to make your typical same 4 dudes doing the same **** for a boring hour. I can't really afford to travel to, florida, cali, mass, virginia, georgia etc. to film... I can barely afford gas in my truck. Just trying to see if anyone's interested in helping me add varity so when someone buys the dvd they dont turn it off after the first 15mins and say man totally threw that cash out the window... i've done it with too many dvds now
Old 01-06-2008, 07:29 PM

Scott@STUNTERS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by got_ink123
lol I'm going to use my own footage but I don't want to make your typical same 4 dudes doing the same **** for a boring hour. I can't really afford to travel to, florida, cali, mass, virginia, georgia etc. to film... I can barely afford gas in my truck. Just trying to see if anyone's interested in helping me add varity so when someone buys the dvd they dont turn it off after the first 15mins and say man totally threw that cash out the window... i've done it with too many dvds now
If you are broke and barely have enough money for gas in your truck, you probably do not have enough money to produce a DVD....

Your looking at thousands of dollars to get any DVD duplicated....

good luck-
Old 01-06-2008, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Scott@STUNTERS
If you are broke and barely have enough money for gas in your truck, you probably do not have enough money to produce a DVD....

good luck-
I'm not trying to put 20,000 copies out I'm sticking a few in local shops and **** to get my name out. I know it costs thousands... My old band had 10,000 cds made and you wouldn't believe the production costs for those cds, but thats the industry i currently work in. I'm making all of these myself I'm just going to order the labels for the dvd's and get the jackets ordered and do all the copying myself at work and at home. Just trying to make a half decent dvd with some nice special effects as an icing on it to get my name out. thats all
Old 01-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan S
sooooooo another guy making a dvd using everybody elses footage???

Originally Posted by Scott@STUNTERS

good luck-
+1000

first off bro you need to offer more than DVD at cost for peoples footage your going to make profit off of hahaahhah come on

and yea if your taht broke than you oviously have no idea how much it cost to produce a DVD let alone a quality one, I mean **** good editing programs can cost 2 grand alone.

Then duplication and marketing and advertising....
Old 01-06-2008, 07:42 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

wow.....dude....why would you put the time into editing a video if your not making any money off it???
Old 01-06-2008, 07:46 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Every time someone makes a low budget DVD it devalues our sport, and the good videos that help support it. Don't get me wrong, go for it, but don't sell it just give it away.

For example we spent over 15K putting out Revolution, and around 8K on Reasonable Doubt. And that was not duplication cost, simply travel, equipment, music licensing, and related expenses.

Hell the last camera I bought to make another video if I ever get around to it was 8K with the related bolt ons. So I'm 8K in the hole before I even turn it on.

If everyone just edited internet clips for a year first then thought about a DVD we would all be better off.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
+1000

first off bro you need to offer more than DVD at cost for peoples footage your going to make profit off of hahaahhah come on

and yea if your taht broke than you oviously have no idea how much it cost to produce a DVD let alone a quality one, I mean **** good editing programs can cost 2 grand alone.

Then duplication and marketing and advertising....
I have all the editing programs... Premiere CS3, Final Cut HD, After Effects CS3 etc. I'm a video editor during the day for a broadcasting company. Just I'm only getting paid enough to cover my rent and groceries and maybe some snowboarding once in a while. I'm not worried about advertising because i'm not trying to make thousands of dollars off of this video. Just to stick it in some local shops and use it as a demo. It's just for getting my name out as a production company that's all... I'm not looking for people to hook me up with hours of footage just a couple people with a couple clips for a segment in the video... i'm not looking to get more than ten mins out of this short segment.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan S
wow.....dude....why would you put the time into editing a video if your not making any money off it???
Why spend time in school just to get the lowest position in the company when you're done... Gotta get the experience to get the better ****. I need to get some experience and material out there to build a half decent reputation as an editor. I figured why not make a stunt dvd I love the lifestyle so it's actually fun for me to go home and work on it therefore the final outcome should be half decent there for I have a half decent video to show to get the more than half decent job once I get a name.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
Every time someone makes a low budget DVD it devalues our sport, and the good videos that help support it. Don't get me wrong, go for it, but don't sell it just give it away.

For example we spent over 15K putting out Revolution, and around 8K on Reasonable Doubt. And that was not duplication cost, simply travel, equipment, music licensing, and related expenses.

Hell the last camera I bought to make another video if I ever get around to it was 8K with the related bolt ons. So I'm 8K in the hole before I even turn it on.

If everyone just edited internet clips for a year first then thought about a DVD we would all be better off.
Hey I understand man. This is what I do for a living I just don't want to to be under someone for the rest of my life. 90% of dvd circulation will probally be given away. I do have a few years editing behind me but I'm making 25k a year with 20k in bills a year. It's a little hard for me to just go drop thousands of dollars. I'm not trying to put abunch of internet clips together and make a shitty dvd. I'm just asking for somepeople with half decent clips to let me throw some in for variety. Just because it's low-budget doesn't mean I don't have the skill to make it high-quality. yea maybe it's not HD, yea maybe it's not the best lighting through the whole dvd... but that doesn't mean you can't make up for it in good editing and some nice effects... I'm not trying to have this thing make money. I'm not trying to make it make stunt riding mainstream. I'm trying to have it make a name. So maybe some company will see it and say hey... this guy has a head on his shoulders when it comes to production and I can move to a better job and be able to afford the travel and the Sony PMW-EX1. Everyone's got to start somewhere.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:39 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Best advice I can give you, and I know how lame this sounds. Try to get a job as a waiter at a decent place. They'll let you take the time off when you need it to travel. People always pick up shifts. The money is MUCH better so you will be able to buy everything you need.

I've worked in similar jobs as the one you had now and it SUCKS. I feel your pain. Good luck!!

At least that way you can build a serious demo without all the stress of being broke and streatching a penny just to be in the industry. Hell you could make 2X++ that amount shooting and editing weddings.

Last edited by Nick Apex; 01-06-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:41 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

i got some footage but it will cost you
Old 01-06-2008, 08:50 PM

Best advice I can give you, and I know how lame this sounds. Try to get a job as a waiter at a decent place. They'll let you take the time off when you need it to travel. People always pick up shifts. The money is MUCH better so you will be able to buy everything you need.

I've worked in similar jobs as the one you had now and it SUCKS. I feel your pain. Good luck!!

At least that way you can build a serious demo without all the stress of being broke and streatching a penny just to be in the industry. Hell you could make 2X++ that amount shooting and editing weddings.
Well thank you for being the first person with an informative answer/advice to respond to this. I appreciate your insight.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:32 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

wow, another thread asking for footage....man...

mr. apex has some good advice...i would take it to heart...

im kind of not understanding though if you really just want to make a demo reel why having a few local guys is a bad thing? and, if it is just a demo reel why would you make it an hour long?

if you really do want to make a whole video...get ready to travel and pay and eat crow....thats the name of the game...
Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 PM

hot magma is a decent person

Hey, I've started my own production company www.onewheelproductions.com (don't mind the lack of website material i made it in about 20 mins two nights ago)

But I'm trying to get some footage together... if anyone has self footage (not off of a digital still camera or cellphone) you want to let me have for for the dvd i'll give you a copy at the cost of shipping when it's done if it's used! I'm hoping to get it done by late fall this year. Please help! If you can, e-mail me some footage to got_ink123@yahoo.com Thanks!

-Burke
I've got about 30 hours of 720p, crane shots, dolly shots, a little aerial footage but thats 1080p. a whole bunch highway stuff, we built a rig and mounted the cams to the hood and sides of car, all with matching timecode, those are mostly cop chases with gunfire.
where should I send it, I get a credit right?
Old 01-06-2008, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by southtown
wow, another thread asking for footage....man...

mr. apex has some good advice...i would take it to heart...

im kind of not understanding though if you really just want to make a demo reel why having a few local guys is a bad thing? and, if it is just a demo reel why would you make it an hour long?

if you really do want to make a whole video...get ready to travel and pay and eat crow....thats the name of the game...
Man I didn't realise so many people were asking for clips on here... I haven't really spent that much time on here I probally should have done a search first. It's a demo vid of a full production so I can show I'm capable of the entire production... it will get sold but not in large measures... i don't have the financial capabilities. But I am capable of making quality production.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:04 AM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point

my best advice would be to just hang out and film film film the ones around you. make short 3 or 4 minute promos for your friends and other local riders for a small fee. lots of people would love to have a film guy around that they could consistently call that would show up. keep a steady hand and always keep the camera runnin, you don't want to miss anything.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:30 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

Man I didn't realise so many people were asking for clips on here... I haven't really spent that much time on here I probally should have done a search first. It's a demo vid of a full production so I can show I'm capable of the entire production... it will get sold but not in large measures... i don't have the financial capabilities. But I am capable of making quality production.

Then prove it with the clips you already have, if the clips you have are that bad in your eyes, then i have to doubt you on your editing capabilities/creativity. A good editor in my eyes can make almost anything look good.... just my
Old 01-07-2008, 12:11 PM

hot magma is a decent person

which camera HVX or EX1 or H1?

Quick Reply: Attention Everyone With Footage!