Attention Everyone With Footage!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 PM

Location: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
got_ink123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Attention Everyone With Footage!

Originally Posted by SmokeRing
my best advice would be to just hang out and film film film the ones around you. make short 3 or 4 minute promos for your friends and other local riders for a small fee. lots of people would love to have a film guy around that they could consistently call that would show up. keep a steady hand and always keep the camera runnin, you don't want to miss anything.
Thats what i'm going to do, this was the wrong way to approach the situation. Just I've got another film buddy out here who has been in the area for 2 years and said these ******* kids around here dont want to do anything... he offered a team a free dvd and they ignored his calls and when they did answer they told him to meet them in places hung up before he was was told where the places were and then they refused to answer when he called to find them. spring i'm just going to ride around here and find the local spots with my camera in hand and just start filiming everything lol
Old 01-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

got ink.....i live in wisconsin...if you want some footage, come on up and film whenever!
Old 01-07-2008, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan S
got ink.....i live in wisconsin...if you want some footage, come on up and film whenever!
lol i know that was sarcastic lol we'll see maybe i'll get some savings together and take a "vacation" lol.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:50 PM

B.C. is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
Every time someone makes a low budget DVD it devalues our sport, and the good videos that help support it. Don't get me wrong, go for it, but don't sell it just give it away.

For example we spent over 15K putting out Revolution, and around 8K on Reasonable Doubt. And that was not duplication cost, simply travel, equipment, music licensing, and related expenses.

Hell the last camera I bought to make another video if I ever get around to it was 8K with the related bolt ons. So I'm 8K in the hole before I even turn it on.

If everyone just edited internet clips for a year first then thought about a DVD we would all be better off.
Revolution is the shizit, still one of my favorite dvds outa the collection. Huge props on the quality production Nick!! :YEAH
Old 01-07-2008, 02:15 PM

Saturnin is a decent person

everyone has to start somewhere, we all did. Just make it work with what you have.

Last edited by Saturnin; 01-07-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:17 PM

joey b is an unknown quantity at this point

i got some. i want $1.37 off every dvd you sell plus $500 before i send it to you
Old 01-07-2008, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by B.C.
Revolution is the shizit, still one of my favorite dvds outa the collection. Huge props on the quality production Nick!! :YEAH
If you get a chance check out Rock the 40oz 2!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 07:35 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by got_ink123
Well thank you for being the first person with an informative answer/advice to respond to this. I appreciate your insight.
Wise words from a wise Apex.. Its the truth.. you can make a ton of quick spendable cash serving or bartending.. Find a place thats worth= it tho where people have dress codes and stuff like that.. you will make some money and be able to live off of it...then you can focus on ur hobby too.. and The Revolution was nasty... it makes me cringe to look at some of these costs... ive been doing mortgages for 3 years now and want to get out of it for full time bartending so i can ride and try to go to flight school during the day.. It doesnt seem like it would payoff but if you can give up some weekends and nights, itll payoff..

Last edited by F4EaSyE; 01-07-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
BIKESTYLES

50mob is an unknown quantity at this point

Ink...I would consider some of the advice given above, but I do give you props for having some good goals and trying to better you're situation But you have to understand why a lot of people don't want to just give away there footage. good luck
Old 01-07-2008, 08:01 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by F4EaSyE
ive been doing mortgages for 3 years now and want to get out of it for full time bartending so i can ride and try to go to flight school during the day.. It doesnt seem like it would payoff but if you can give up some weekends and nights, itll payoff..
I almost did that (flight school) with the local helicopter instruction. But this little sport keeps common sense at bay.

Bartending is good times, but its harder to get into even with the cheesy bar tenders academy schools. I did it for a while at Ruth's Chris and didn't make as much, and pulled longer hours than the wait staff. A club is much better money, but the hot things right now if female bar tenders so. For a male with experience it's hard, at least here in Vegas. I worked in fine dinning for 4 years, walked with an average 175-250 per night from a 5 hour shift, life was GOOD.

It's not a lot of money considering what one could make doing independent editing. But if you think about the hours and ability to come and go as you please, what's better? Granted it takes a while to get there, you have to pay your dues at lower end places and work your way up. But there is GREAT money to be made, I also rode almost every night after work because I was able to sleep in, haha. Its a complete and total slacker job, and to be honest, I miss it now. There are 70-100K waiter jobs on strip, but thats a commitment, and right now bikes first, real life is second, haha.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:03 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

Sounds like these guys are giving you a hard time..
Alot of these guys are awesome in the sport I know for a fact but I think the best thing for people with these ego's is just to fuckn send some clips..

hes not asking for a documentary about you- thats what it sounds like by some of these lame responses..

You might want to consider crash video film- but these guys prolly wanna charge you double..

I've got some wreck footage but its from bad camera's.. you probually wouldnt be interested.. But I also know some good guys that would possibly send you some good tape..

random **** on it- make what you can.. but these kats arent all too good for a guy trying to get production time...

Whats that one cat that everyone is on his nuts? Jos stone ? or osme ****.. I bet he didnt get in the game being charged 100 dollars a minute!!

Support the guy guys!!.. you aint gotta send him "Phenominal" footage.. just some 1 min clips..

I know how it is trying to pay for insurance for shows, getting permits, paying for your own **** and trying to make it.. its hard !! but even look at this cats situation hes in the same boat..

but it is also impossible to start a bank. without any money..

So take what you can get for sure!
Old 01-07-2008, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by F4EaSyE
Wise words from a wise Apex.. Its the truth.. you can make a ton of quick spendable cash serving or bartending.. Find a place thats worth= it tho where people have dress codes and stuff like that.. you will make some money and be able to live off of it...then you can focus on ur hobby too.. and The Revolution was nasty... it makes me cringe to look at some of these costs... ive been doing mortgages for 3 years now and want to get out of it for full time bartending so i can ride and try to go to flight school during the day.. It doesnt seem like it would payoff but if you can give up some weekends and nights, itll payoff..
I totally understand. I mean i was laying aphault and concrete for no more than 8hours a day and making way more than I make here but I took the job to get my foot in the industry. I want to produce in my spare time eventually as a second source as income. But I want to be in broadcasting fulltime which is why I work where I am now. But someone just offered me a job in a band playing drums which sort of came out of right field... So I'm just going to do that at night and save the money from that to work on my productions. plus then I can use my own band's music without having to buy music licenses 2 birds with one sprocket
Old 01-07-2008, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by 50mob
Ink...I would consider some of the advice given above, but I do give you props for having some good goals and trying to better you're situation But you have to understand why a lot of people don't want to just give away there footage. good luck
I totally understand that, I wasn't really thinking about that when I posted I just wasnt asking for pro footage which I think mostly everyone thought i was... just some bull **** parking lot camcorder **** to fill some space on the dvd of some half decent ****.

Last edited by got_ink123; 01-07-2008 at 08:15 PM.