Help...which inverted front ends fit on an F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 05:45 PM

klutch_r is a decent person
Help...which inverted front ends fit on an F4i?

I see a ton of you with inverted setups on your F4i's, and I'm going the same route. Which have you guys gotten to work? I know the complete front end (forks, upper and lower triple, and everything else frame-neck forward) off a 929/954 will work, but they're kinda hard to find. Will the complete front off a 600RR or 1000RR work? What about a Gixxer 600/750, or an R1? Any pics, experience?

Any help would be greatly appreciated; I've got ebay auctions ending today, so I'd like to get in on the bidding action.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:01 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Help...which inverted front ends fit on an F4i?

i don't know what ones bolt right on but there have been alot of threads on this topic so if you try the search function you should be able to find some good info ...

the search function was down forever but it works now ,try searching front end and see what you can find
Old 01-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Regular StuntLifer

nsaneobsession is an unknown quantity at this point

100rr worked great on mine i just had to shave the steering stops a little
Old 01-05-2008, 06:40 PM

Ahh yeah, search works. Forgot it was fixed.

Just read about 30 threads on this topic, and it seems like pretty much any complete Honda front end will swap directly to the F4i, with the exception of the SP2 RC51.

Is it true that if I go with a different brand (ie. Gixxer 750 forks/wheel/axle/brakes) I'll have to use a Honda stem?
Old 01-05-2008, 08:03 PM

zxcraig is a decent person

954 works awsome
Old 01-05-2008, 10:17 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

stay with any honda front ends from what everyone says you have to bust your *** to make a different bike (gsxr,kawi) fit....
Old 01-06-2008, 12:32 AM

Yeah, I think I'd have to use a honda stem if I want to use other make forks (ie. 949/1000RR stem and triple for gixxer 1000 forks). I'll try to stay with Honda stuff. Is the 1000RR setup better for this application than the 600RR?
Old 01-06-2008, 03:44 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person

....if i'm not wrong, the 600rr front end is a bit shorter than f4i forks....try to stick with 954/929 if u can.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:01 AM

But...the 600RR's look so good in gold/black....
Old 01-06-2008, 05:39 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person

Originally Posted by klutch_r
But...the 600RR's look so good in gold/black....
Old 01-06-2008, 03:39 PM

Klos is a decent person

929 954 and 1000rr will all bolt up but you have to grind the stops off the 1000rr bottom triples. You can use the 954 or 929 triples and they will bolt right up. 600rr will work to but you will have to run clip ons under the triple or db bars because they are shorter.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:48 PM

Awesome, just won the bid for a 2004 1000RR front end, sounds like it'll be a good fit, just need to modify those stops like you guys have mentioned.

I'm also looking at some other front ends as well...will Gixxer 600/750/1000 stems work, or are they different dimensions?
Old 01-06-2008, 06:50 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

pretty sure the f4i forks are longer then the 929 rc51 and the 954 forks..

but the 929 has a dropped top tripple so that should help
Old 01-06-2008, 07:10 PM

AsphaltAssault is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by klutch_r
Ahh yeah, search works. Forgot it was fixed.

Just read about 30 threads on this topic, and it seems like pretty much any complete Honda front end will swap directly to the F4i, with the exception of the SP2 RC51.

Is it true that if I go with a different brand (ie. Gixxer 750 forks/wheel/axle/brakes) I'll have to use a Honda stem?
i have a sp2 rc51 front end on my 900rr street killer you just need to use 929 triples with it. the sp2 has a big stem. but other than that it works. talk to ezec hes got a gsxr front end on his f4i. i think they bolt up.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

huh that was weird.......yeah your going to need to use the 929/954 tripples....i have an 02 gsxr 1000 front end and it's a little taller then stock with db bars but would be spot on with clip ons.

Name:  IMG00020.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  101.3 KB
Old 01-06-2008, 07:14 PM

600rr forks are too short for f4i's i think it comes up real violent. but they hand real well on the street i would stick with 929/954/1000rr/rc51 for a f4i.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by EZEC
huh that was weird.......yeah your going to need to use the 929/954 tripples....i have an 02 gsxr 1000 front end and it's a little taller then stock with db bars but would be spot on with clip ons.

have you always had db bars on that eric?...do you only do stoppies on that bike??? is that why you dont need a rear wheel??? hahahha
Old 01-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

hahah me do stoppies thats funny.....

no i just put the db bars on the other day...and i finally just got out on it today....kinda feels weird but i only got to ride it for like an hour.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:31 PM

Awesome, thanks for all the advice. Just won an auction for an 04 1000RR front end - forks, stem, calipers and fenders for like $270 shipped. Silver forks tho...I wanted black or gold. Guess I can anodize them lol.

What should I do for clipon arrangement? Get the stockers for that year RR? Or go with something different? What about the top triple...I hear HoHey has one that allows for clipons above it, and maintain the stock F4i fork height...
Old 01-06-2008, 11:08 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

i just put the 04 1000rr froks on my bike with a 929 lower triple and the hohey top triple...(that **** is pimp...),but the 1000rr forks are shorter then the 929 954 forks...
f4i forks from the bottom to the top of the tube .is 30 3/4 inchs
929 954 is 29 inchs ,and i believe the 1000rr is 28 1/2 inchs....
im runining fi 0 degree clipons on top..:YEAH

cant wait to get all the buggs out....but theres snow and **** everywhere.. so i cant test it....

Quick Reply: Help...which inverted front ends fit on an F4i?