mechanics lein

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
mechanics lein

i bought this f4i from a guy i knew in town. i bought a truck from him about a year before the bike and it went smoothly.

i bought the bike non running 2002 f4i w/salgave title for $2000 about 3 months ago. i got it runnign and set it up and have been riding ever since.

heres the problem. he has never gotten me the title and i think that he owes the bank money on it. i think like $500 or something.

is there any way i can put a mechanics lein on it to somehow get the title from the bank...

dumb move on my part for not putting anything in writing.

i might want to sell my 636 w/title and my f4i w/title to get something real nice.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:02 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: mechanics lein

I'm not sure if a mechanics lean would get you the title

I think it would give you the right to keep ahold of the bike until the "work" was paid off.. but I don't think they'll give you a title

Although I'm not sure..

I know once, a friend got poped with some ****.. And the cops tried to take his car.. But his mechanic friend said "nuh uh, he owes $2,000 in work to it" so the cops let the mechanic keep it..
Soon as he got out of jail, he got his car back for free :YEAH
Old 01-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

hrm. well does that work if the repo man comes and looks for it.

because i have a feeling the kid hasnt been making payments.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:15 PM

travisn is a decent person

isnt if it gets a salvage title the insurance company owns it and sells it back? as in the ins comapny would pay off the loan?
Old 01-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

dude no.
the bike was sold to him with as a registered rebuilt/salvage title bike.

he financed the bike through his bank.

henceforth they took the title until said loan is paid off...

said loan isnt paid off. bank still has title. i bought bike. havent got title yet.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:18 PM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

go talk to him!!!

if its only $500 bite the bullet and pay it off for him so you can get the title. And put down on paper what and why your doing it and get it notarized so you don't fucked agein
Old 01-05-2008, 03:42 PM

YodaCon is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you know the bank that currently holds the title? If its 500 I would just pay it off to get the title cleared and in hand, if not it seems like you are about to get f*cked
Old 01-05-2008, 03:53 PM
AuthorityStunts

KROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to beholdKROHNSTUNTS is a splendid one to behold

in order to get a mechanics lein to the point where you keep the bike you have to have dated certified letters sent to the owner stating that if the amount is not paid within "x" amount of days (in mn its 45_ 15 if the registration is bad) it will become the property of the mechanics establishment. thats what we have to do at our buisness.. but its an impound lot. then you have to keep the certified letter returns and an inspection sheet bring it to the dmv and there you go.