oil pouring from exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:23 AM

killswitch12283 can only hope to improve
oil pouring from exhaust

i have an 03 636, i was riding the other day, clutched up, too much, when straight over before i could catch brake, so i pulled clutch and jumped off back, soft hit on 12 bar, anyway, all this white smoke poured out exhaust, then about half a cup of pure oil drained out before i could set it back down, what is that all about, never had that with my 06 R1, is that the clean air mod reasoning? my bike did not start for like 20 min after that, just one turn then siezed, finally it just started??????
Old 01-03-2008, 01:59 PM

Re: oil pouring from exhaust

anyone?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:07 PM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

if you have the kleen air mod done .... its nothing
Old 01-03-2008, 02:16 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

If you don't have the kleen air mod
Do this mod, and you'l be golden

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...-my-636-a.html
Old 01-03-2008, 02:33 PM

aight, thats what i thought, wanted to make sure they were related, thanks
Old 01-03-2008, 02:48 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yep they were related ,your cylinder was full of oil and oil doesn't compress thats why the bike wouldn't turn over ..

clean out your air box and do the clean air mod like towilee said
Old 01-03-2008, 10:23 PM

i just new oldman roger would have 2cents haha
Old 01-03-2008, 11:03 PM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

kleen mod, do it asap... and change your plugs after you do it.......
Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

clean air mod and post in the right section
Old 01-05-2008, 04:48 PM

shiiiiiit!, so i opened the 636 up and the guy i bought it from had already done it!, and its done right, no oil in air filter and plugs fine, why did pure oil make in and out my exhaust?????? Please help me haha i know its wrong section Roger! HELP! haha
Old 01-05-2008, 05:46 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

thats were the clean air mod routes the oil [your exhaust] but this doesn't explain why the bike wouldn't turn over
Old 01-05-2008, 07:03 PM

yeah i dont get it, then like 10 min later my bro walked over and it started right up, smokin like a **** though, ill take a pic of the mod to make sure it looks right and post it, before i close it back up, im baffled, where is the tip sensor on that beast anyways roger? and a few quick words on dissengaging so i dont have to look it up haha
Old 01-05-2008, 07:28 PM
also known as OMR

it is bolted to the subframe under the seat but mine is still hooked up ..

i think you have to take it apart and take some thing out you can't just cross the wires like an f4i.....i think...

the only thing i can think of is maybe you had way to much oil in the bike and you had it pumping oil into the exhaust while it was on the bar and then if you left it on the bar some of that oil may have flowed back in to the motor through an open exhaust valve after you turned the bike off...

as long as the bike is running the oil can't get in the motor because the exhaust would blow it out but if the bike is off then maybe it can get in like i mentioned above

i just fill my oil to the top of the site glass when the bike is sitting level on two wheels straight up and down
Old 01-05-2008, 07:33 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

bad valve seals?
Old 01-05-2008, 07:37 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
bad valve seals?
i don't think so i think he filled his header up with oil because he had to much in the bike and when it was on the bar running it was pumping oil in to the header then when he turned the bike off the oil then flowed back down th eheader into an open exhaust valve ...there is always gonna be an open exhaust vale on one of the four cylinders
Old 01-05-2008, 07:41 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old man roger
it is bolted to the subframe under the seat but mine is still hooked up ..

i think you have to take it apart and take some thing out you can't just cross the wires like an f4i.....i think...

the only thing i can think of is maybe you had way to much oil in the bike and you had it pumping oil into the exhaust while it was on the bar and then if you left it on the bar some of that oil may have flowed back in to the motor through an open exhaust valve after you turned the bike off...

as long as the bike is running the oil can't get in the motor because the exhaust would blow it out but if the bike is off then maybe it can get in like i mentioned above

i just fill my oil to the top of the site glass when the bike is sitting level on two wheels straight up and down
could it also be that the exhaust flow was clogged by the oil and the exhaust wasnt flowing out properly?
Old 01-05-2008, 07:47 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Trachito
could it also be that the exhaust flow was clogged by the oil and the exhaust wasnt flowing out properly?
not likely .....the amount of pressure coming out of one cylinder would be enough to blow out alllllllllllllllllooooooottttttt of oil..

he said he left it on the bar for a while so i suspect it just ran back into the motor after he turned it off ,it doesn't take alot of oil in one cylinder to keep the bike from turning over because as long as there is more cc's of oil then there is cc's of combustion chamber with the piston at top dead center then the bike will hydrolock and wont turn over till that oil seeps past the rings because oil does not compress.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:29 PM

sounds legit roger, hope thats it lol
Old 01-06-2008, 05:27 PM

Fabyam is a decent person

My is 03 r6 did the same thing, so went home change oil, put right amount in, try again, this time my motor siezed, pull the motor apart, like is said, air box full oil, and connect rod #1 broken on half, the half of rod spins hit block open big hole, so i lost 8000 miles motor, i just bought another one kind $$$$$ just wondering how i prevent this happen again?
Old 01-06-2008, 05:32 PM
also known as OMR

kleen air on my 636-good idea!

i think there may be a link in this thread on how to do it on an r6 but if not then just read the whole thread and you should unberstand how to fix the problem ...

you basicly just have to bypass your air biox by connecting your crankcase vent tube to your clean air valve

Quick Reply: oil pouring from exhaust