ama in stuntin'

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 09:51 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point
ama in stuntin'

should the comp's start requiring ama memberships? remember, ama is a good thing, it promotes the riding community and rider saftey/awareness. anyway lets hear some feedback.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: ama in stuntin'

i wouldnt say they 'should', but I like where you're going with that
Old 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

how about no...
Old 01-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

i think they should...

will they anytime in the near future? IMO no...

why?

because of idiots that modern medicine has very much slowed the darwin theory of evolution.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:00 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

yeah, i think it would be a good thing.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

BTW..

heres the AMAs view of us. lol.

http://home.ama-cycle.org/newsroom/a...sp?rnum=A03038

Originally Posted by AMA
"It's unfortunate, however, that the irresponsible conduct of such a small number of motorcyclists gets national attention, while the overwhelming majority of American motorcyclists are responsible and law-abiding."
Old 01-02-2008, 10:04 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

it would be a good thing but how many stunters can afford an ama membership on top of fixin their bikes all the time?
Old 01-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

alot could and would. especially the serious and professional comp riders that try to push the sport actually one day be respected by the motorcycling community. ALSO... it would an organized sanctioning body would give us the organization we need to be in something like the Xgames.

oh yeah... heres a more accurate post on how they feel about us.

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), reacting to a CBS News report on so-called "extreme street riding," points out that this illegal and dangerous conduct represents only a small percentage of the American motorcycling community.

:small chuckle
Old 01-02-2008, 10:14 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vetter
BTW..

heres the AMAs view of us. lol.

http://home.ama-cycle.org/newsroom/a...sp?rnum=A03038
"The AMA believes that stunt riding, like that portrayed in the CBS News report, has no place on public streets and highways, where it endangers both motorcyclists and other motorists."

this is exactly why the comps need to do it. to show them it's being done in lots and tracks. then someone needs to call cbs and have them do a follow-up story on how the stunt world is an up and coming sport that is taking people off the streets. seriously.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Originally Posted by lee majors
"The AMA believes that stunt riding, like that portrayed in the CBS News report, has no place on public streets and highways, where it endangers both motorcyclists and other motorists."

this is exactly why the comps need to do it. to show them it's being done in lots and tracks. then someone needs to call cbs and have them do a follow-up story on how the stunt world is an up and coming sport that is taking people off the streets. seriously.

thats what i was tryin to get at but forgot to put it in the post.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:04 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

don't let 'em watch a bullo video then
Old 01-03-2008, 12:07 AM

bornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the roughbornreadybc is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lee majors

+1

million lol
Old 01-03-2008, 01:05 AM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

good idea but will the ama promote the stunt world
Old 01-03-2008, 01:08 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

does any one know exactly what the advantages would be ?

i mean if the ama decide to be as involved in the sport as they are in motocross, supercross, supersport and superbike racing then it's clear it would be an advantage but just having all stunt riders join ama wouldn't mean thats what would happen
Old 01-03-2008, 01:12 AM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger

i mean if the ama decide to be as involved in the sport as they are in motocross, supercross, supersport and superbike racing then it's clear it would be an advantage but just having all stunt riders join ama wouldn't mean thats what would happen
well put they barely give supermoto any support and they have factory sponsors from more than just two manufactures
Old 01-03-2008, 01:35 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

If anyone follows the AMA close these days you will know that the entire entity is in a massive restructure. The new chief is interested in one thing, bringing profits, respect, and butts in seats for the AMA. He's fired a couple of the long standing PR guys, and a few other old schoolers. This came much to the complaint of the AMA staff because they were known to be very active and loyal to the job. It's a shame they were not better at it.

So if we were to do something intelligent like form a riders union the AMA could slip into our sport. This would also be a complete restructure of are own, lots of heads need to be pulled out of lots of asses.

And yes it could benefit us greatly in a couple avenues. But to be honest, XDL is doing that work and I give my allegiance to them. Other than using the AMA as a medium to approach potential sponsors it would not do much that we (XDL) are not doing for ourselves. I'll be happier to wait for XDL to run its course.

AMA would need to recognize us first, put in the effort to understand us, and then play nice for a little while before I just opened my arms to their way of life. Because if you think about it, thats just another dick in the bag of dicks. Personally, I think we have enough dicks, and I don't want to be stuck wearing leathers at a competition. Without a riders union with the AMA we'll be wearing full suits with race boots.

And the AMA is broke, thats why its not flinging money into great emerging sports like supermoto and us.

*I could be wrong but thats what I've read from good sources.

Last edited by Nick Apex; 01-03-2008 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:26 AM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

NO to Ama....I think there should be an association but not ama. Make it your own Just for stunting with guides/safety things related to stunt riders and the interests thereof. This association can also better promote our sport so it gets better recognition and respect as a real sport..

Last edited by zride; 01-03-2008 at 02:29 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:21 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

novel idea.. we should start implimenting numbers plates too

-kane
Old 01-03-2008, 04:09 AM

jakesfords is an unknown quantity at this point

it would just drive up the cost to people who want to go to shows and not as many people would be able to make it. also this sport was made on breaking the rules not having them
Old 01-03-2008, 07:22 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by old man roger

AMA pro racing is an extension of the AMA proper. The AMA proper is a big non profit. Good for adding legitimacy, helping organizationally etc, but chances are they'll want to get involved when they see a profit. The races have the AMA officiating but the AMA doesn't do as much leg work as you think. The for profit arm of the AMA is the AMA pro racing,t hey would be the ones to talk to about hosting or sanctioning events.

Then you'd probably have comps during race weekends, better advertising, more rules and standards. And if I didn't mention it, unless you're profitable enough to make it worthwhile, someone else is going to have to do all the legwork. AMA Pro Racing, with all those evnts, has about 25 employees. and they're busy.

I'm going to let you think about it for a minute. AMA pro racing is not a non profit, they are for profit, and have 20 employees.

Someone makes many dollars.

Quick Reply: ama in stuntin'