ama in stuntin'

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:11 PM
ITS A LETHAL WORLD !!!!

Lethal Rider can only hope to improve
Re: ama in stuntin'

I will not be a member of the AMA ... I rather be the 1% of bikers they hate and stick with the MMA and the CNCC. Stunting needs there OWN identity. ASRA ( American Stunt Riding Association ) ... I will be taking my royalities off that name too .... time to go buy another website LOL LO LOL
Old 01-03-2008, 01:12 PM
is back on the dirt

the gnar is a decent person

Originally Posted by Xr50King
Good point... i was speaking of road racing... The dirtbikes are ama's bread and butter... Without super and motocross the ama would definetly lose the majority of their profits...
yea they def are. more so the super then the moto. the road racing still does bring a lot of vendors and sponsors to the pits. there are still a few people that go to the road races. its just doesnt seem like it because the track is so spread out compared to a stadium. i think the AMA did good by incorporating a few supermoto races into the the road races. it put the supermoto name out there even more.
now that i think about it they had stunters come in and do some tricks on the track during intermission.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:08 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 600RRizzle
thats where the profits go, to lawyers that fight for them. AMA is a good thing, it might not be the best thing for the stunt bike community (right now) but it would help get our name out of the mud.
good point. I'm still conflicted as to whether or not they'd see any benefit, but that's not the same as saying there's no point in poking around.

I try to make sure I don't have to rely on an unknown, but to investigate the unknowns. I can see a benefit to AMA and stunting being affiliated on the events coordination side, whether or not the AMA sees it remains to be properly discussed. a good deal of influence rides on the team owners being interested, because they have the money.

I provide an excellent liason.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:39 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lethal Rider
I will not be a member of the AMA ... I rather be the 1% of bikers they hate and stick with the MMA and the CNCC. Stunting needs there OWN identity. ASRA ( American Stunt Riding Association ) ... I will be taking my royalities off that name too .... time to go buy another website LOL LO LOL

it's hard to say wether they would help or hinder us, it would add some exposure to us that's for sure.

I like your idea of our own entity though, ASRA would be a good thing.
and you gotta give props to the XDL series because it's doing big things for the sport
Old 01-03-2008, 05:49 PM
ITS A LETHAL WORLD !!!!

Lethal Rider can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by MikeOnTheBike
it's hard to say wether they would help or hinder us, it would add some exposure to us that's for sure.

I like your idea of our own entity though, ASRA would be a good thing.
and you gotta give props to the XDL series because it's doing big things for the sport

For sure give props to XDL .... being a AMA where am from has different meaning than most other people in other areas.... nothing wrong with AMA... just not my thing and I dont think they would put up with stunters... a bunch of old ***** in that AMA and try stunting at or on a AMA ride.... u would have everyone and their momther on your case.....

LOL LOL just realize its you Mike LOL LOL LOL u know how it is in the Valley...........

D House
Old 01-03-2008, 08:46 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

whats the point.. we do shows at ama events all the time.. the events are all run by different promoters.. the ama just sanctions the events anyways

XDL is its own sanctioning body with rules and the likes...

the 2008 series will be points based with a final event in November
Old 01-03-2008, 09:03 PM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas

yeagh thats how it should be when does it start?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:46 PM

ricky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by excessa
I think so but it's one of those things where I can see the potential benefits are a big deal, and probably push the sport closer to mainstream than everyone can do on their own, but with the power in the hands of "responsible persons" part of what makes this sport so real and wonderful will go away.

It's all conjecture at this point, but this is what I see. There are good reasons for and against, and it's good you guys are thinking of this. Unionize your pro riders, and the riders will have a say in how their sport is organized no matter what. represent yourselves and it's good not to be in too much of a hurry to get where you're going that someone else gets too much power.

In this case, take it as far as you can on your own and maybe when the AMA starts sniffing around, you won't need to borrow legitimacy from them, they will need to borrow atmosphere from you.
THAT MAKES SENSE BUT ALOT OF PEOPLE SELL OUT FOR THE WRONG RAESON GET THERE HEAD STUCK UP THERE *** I BEEN ON HERE SINCE THE SITE STARTED MET SHUGG AND YADA YADA!BUT THE THING IS ONLY PERSONALLY BY URSELF CAN U BRING UR SELF UP
Old 01-04-2008, 04:46 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
whats the point.. we do shows at ama events all the time.. the events are all run by different promoters.. the ama just sanctions the events anyways

I think that will be what get's you all in with the AMA, just bringing it like you're doing.

The difference can't be seen as much as felt. you can go to all these differnet promoters and get in to the AMA events under their umbrella or just be part of the tour so to speak. it's headed that way. I am all excited. you guys are doing the right thing. I don't mean to yell, I'm just shocked.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:15 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe the AMA is a good orginization and would be a benefit for people who have the cash to join, however xdl is on point with all the orginizational stregnth in the stunt world, and in time will be recognized for this!

Keep up the progress Thomas and the XDL Crew!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:18 PM

+1 FrankieG
I don't think the AMA should or would take over sanctioning anyhow, you guys are right stunting is it's own thing. But it would be nice to see you guys set up and paid to stunt at every race. or even get the race team owners interested in having stunt teams dick around during race weekends to get the crowds pumped. and better not to have other hands in how things are run internally. You guys are holding it down just fine. But more money and more jobs are always good. so like I said, I'll poke around a little. It's good to define what I want before I go ask for it, just in case I get it.

Last edited by excessa; 01-04-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:56 PM

y3llow95 is a decent person

that does sound lik a good idea