03 R6 Sunt Setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 12:52 PM

yayareariderz is a decent person
03 R6 Sunt Setup

I'm new to the site and wanted to see if I can get some advice.

I just got an 03 R6 with 2k miles, and I want to set it up for stunt. What kind of cage, chain and sprocket, and dampner should I get.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:23 PM

miker_dh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 03 R6 Sunt Setup

Welcome to the forums.... all you really need is a Cage the rest will be added later...
Just go read this https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...ing-basic.html
Watch some videos on Youtube
& go try some wheelies
Old 12-31-2007, 01:25 PM

cisco5311 is an unknown quantity at this point

sick innovations cage

use your stock sprockets,

all you need a damper for is stoppies, scotts or gpr are really good ones to go with.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:40 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

one of these would help

the stock rear peg brackets on the r6 break at the slightest contact with the ground and there location causes your left leg to be pressed against the tail in a staggered wheelie the OMR SUBCAGE will fix both of these problems...

replacing you stock rear peg brackets with an OMR SUBCAGE also helps stiffen the subframe from side to side because of the cross bar design connecting the two sides of the subframe together...

one more advantage is the fact that i rotate the peg mount forward on it's axis so the peg doesn't fold up during a wheelie ...

pm me if your interested...$175 shipped
-omr-
Old 12-31-2007, 02:22 PM

Thanks for the reply. I was really thinking about low speed stunts, would it be possible to do that with the stock sprockets? And I thought that I needed a dampner for wheelies?
Old 12-31-2007, 02:40 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by yayareariderz
Thanks for the reply. I was really thinking about low speed stunts, would it be possible to do that with the stock sprockets? And I thought that I needed a dampner for wheelies?
yes you can do slow wheelies with stock gear and a damper on an r6 probably isn't a bad idea for fast wheelies....if you are doing a fast wheelie on an r6 and set the wheel down a little side ways there is a good chance you will get some nasty head shake if you don't know how to deal with that then yes get a damper..
Old 12-31-2007, 11:32 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by old man roger
yes you can do slow wheelies with stock gear and a damper on an r6 probably isn't a bad idea for fast wheelies....if you are doing a fast wheelie on an r6 and set the wheel down a little side ways there is a good chance you will get some nasty head shake if you don't know how to deal with that then yes get a damper..
are you drunk rog? this is kinda questionable advice, fast whoolies .
Old 12-31-2007, 11:42 PM

bigkapp is a decent person

r u drunk STOCK??? you havent ripped this kid up yet....
Old 12-31-2007, 11:45 PM
also known as OMR

thats how most people learn and an r6 gets mad head shake when you put down a fast wheelie so it is a good idea to get a damper because more then likely he is gonna be chasing 80 mphwheelies before he ever gets slow ones.....
Old 01-01-2008, 10:49 AM

travisn is a decent person

Originally Posted by bigkapp

haha i was thinking the same thing... maybe it had something to do with his new year resolution
Old 01-01-2008, 11:51 AM

kup125 is an unknown quantity at this point

pm sent, i'm parting out a 04 r6 stunt bike
Old 01-01-2008, 12:19 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 to what OMR said, R6's are known for bad head shake, get a GPR stabilizer on it and leave it on number 4 at least and you'll never get a headshake. i would change gearing a little to start with but not drastic, maybe -1 in front and +2 in back. get some decent clip ons that are more adjustable maybe some zero degree FI or some Vortex flipped. and deffinately an SI cage that should be at the top of the list
Old 01-01-2008, 06:49 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by bigkapp
no, but im pretty lit right now

Originally Posted by old man roger
thats how most people learn and an r6 gets mad head shake when you put down a fast wheelie so it is a good idea to get a damper because more then likely he is gonna be chasing 80 mphwheelies before he ever gets slow ones.....
ah, indeed.

Originally Posted by travisn
haha i was thinking the same thing... maybe it had something to do with his new year resolution
nope, he's from the bay so i'll cut him a little slack.

Originally Posted by Stubbz
+1 to what OMR said, R6's are known for bad head shake, get a GPR stabilizer on it and leave it on number 4 at least and you'll never get a headshake. i would change gearing a little to start with but not drastic, maybe -1 in front and +2 in back. get some decent clip ons that are more adjustable maybe some zero degree FI or some Vortex flipped. and deffinately an SI cage that should be at the top of the list

those bikes come stock with suffient gearing.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:10 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

just go down 1 on your bike for now.... get some race railz with the round ends, or the 905 racing armor...

the gpr is crackin on "4"... i rock it on mine.

oh, and change the front end to the inverted joints.... the other **** is wack. substantial, but wack.

the rear pegs are fine, i tell you from experience, that they just twist, and if it hits hard enough, the subframe breaks.... so omr cage might accelerate that process of the "breaking"... but not to take the cash out the homies pocket, you might like his positioning on the subcage, many peeps are annoyed with it... i like it.

stock clip on's on that bike will give you a good amount of arm pump, so clip ons will be fine, keep em close to stock angle, just turned out slightly, and widen the stance slightly, and you should be fine.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:25 PM

kup125 is an unknown quantity at this point

buy my powers cage for 170 shipped, dropped maybe 2 or 3 times
Old 01-01-2008, 08:42 PM

Fabyam is a decent person

Just curious, how much u paid for the bike?
I have 2 R6's, one is 03 other is 05, blow the motor on the 03 and now i want to sell is clean title no fairings; 05 is salvage title but the cyl. head is crack and have some fairings, just want sell both...........
Old 01-01-2008, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by kup125
i bought the bike for 3500 from my cousin.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by kup125
i'll let you know... from what i've been hearing on this fourm i kinda had my mind set on a SI. thx
Old 01-01-2008, 10:30 PM

NW-FRESH is a decent person

Welcome to the game! I have a BRAND NEW SICK INNOVATIONS CAGE! 220.00 shipped never been used! I bought an f4i for stunts and im turning the r6 into a track killer! Still have allthe hardware as well! hit me up.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:26 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by SYTFU_R6
just go down 1 on your bike for now.... get some race railz with the round ends, or the 905 racing armor...

the gpr is crackin on "4"... i rock it on mine.

oh, and change the front end to the inverted joints.... the other **** is wack. substantial, but wack.

the rear pegs are fine, i tell you from experience, that they just twist, and if it hits hard enough, the subframe breaks.... so omr cage might accelerate that process of the "breaking"... but not to take the cash out the homies pocket, you might like his positioning on the subcage, many peeps are annoyed with it... i like it.

stock clip on's on that bike will give you a good amount of arm pump, so clip ons will be fine, keep em close to stock angle, just turned out slightly, and widen the stance slightly, and you should be fine.
when you say people are annoyed with the peg position you mean the stock peg position right? because i have had only good feed back about the peg position of the omr subcage

an omr subcage will only make the subframe stronger because it ties the two sides together with the cross bar and it is of the folding peg design so it will not accelerate the process it will infact help it last alot longer ......

im surprised your saying that about my subcages because you just pm'd me about buying one didn't you ?

non folding peg subcages do damage subframes and thats why i only make folding peg subcages

Last edited by old man roger; 01-02-2008 at 01:32 AM.

Quick Reply: 03 R6 Sunt Setup