03 R6 Sunt Setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:39 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person
Re: 03 R6 Sunt Setup

Originally Posted by old man roger
when you say people are annoyed with the peg position you mean the stock peg position right? because i have had only good feed back about the peg position of the omr subcage

an omr subcage will only make the subframe stronger because it ties the two sides together with the cross bar and it is of the folding peg design so it will not accelerate the process it will infact help it last alot longer ......

im surprised your saying that about my subcages because you just pm'd me about buying one didn't you ?

non folding peg subcages do damage subframes and thats why i only make folding peg subcages

yeah, i was talking about the stock positioning... everyone but me seems to hate it. i love the positioning.... thats why i pm'ed you about your subcage without the inch off design. i think it would be very 2 faced of me to say something negative about your stuff then want you to make me something... lol.

my boy has your subcage on his RR... it is pretty descent, i like it. he loves it, and it know what you mean about making it stronger... but i have (back in my squid days) crashed a wheelie, and broke just the mounting points on the subframe, not the subframe itself.... i think that could still happen even with your cage, it is just a flawed design in how they do the subframe.

your **** rocks though, and i would like for ya to make me a subcage and stay if you could... i dont care if the stay is a 1 off... i could get a custom design:YEAH
Old 01-02-2008, 02:53 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

ya man i was buggin when i read your post and then realized you had just pm'd me about making you a subcage...lol

also the r6 subframe is pretty weak and any thing can be broken specially in this sport but tying the two sides together does help spread the force of the impact and like i said the folding pegs help too but i know exactly what you are saying now...

as far as the stay i would need to have an r6 here to make a one off stay so sorry i wouldn't be able to help you out with that but on a side note i was watching your clip from like six months ago and looking at your leg in a staggered wheelie i really think you would like the peg position on the omr subcage once you rode on it for a minute...
Old 01-02-2008, 03:19 AM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.

ya man i was buggin when i read your post and then realized you had just pm'd me about making you a subcage...lol

also the r6 subframe is pretty weak and any thing can be broken specially in this sport but tying the two sides together does help spread the force of the impact and like i said the folding pegs help too but i know exactly what you are saying now...

as far as the stay i would need to have an r6 here to make a one off stay so sorry i wouldn't be able to help you out with that but on a side note i was watching your clip from like six months ago and looking at your leg in a staggered wheelie i really think you would like the peg position on the omr subcage once you rode on it for a minute...

no doubt, alex says he loves it... i dont doubt i would, i just fear change

as far as my leg positioning goes, i have a torn miniscus(however you spell it) and that is my most comfortable position, even when i have the bike 12'd... my knee is bent. it was weird at first, but theres nothing i can do about it, unless i get surgery... it's just comfy that way.

here's some pics of left side and right side... this was just idle, but you can see my leg positioning. i keep my left leg tucked and bent because of my knee.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stand and stare.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	204318   Click image for larger version

Name:	may 6th, 2007 (6).jpg
Views:	10
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	204319  
Old 01-02-2008, 03:22 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

well it's all making sense now......
Old 01-02-2008, 03:31 AM

well it's all making sense now......
thats the only real pic you can see me tucking my knee to the tank on..

i should just order your cage... i'm sure it wouldnt make my knee feel any worse, plus i got a back injury now... and nothin like a more severe pain to take your mind off of another

i rode for the first time today in 3 months.... first time my backs been able to take the impact and i didnt cringe in pain!

nothing but nice slow sitdowns today... plus i was on the street bike and only had my chest and back protector on, so i wassnt even thinging about getting crazy. woulda had all my skin missing.... AGAIN.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:34 AM
also known as OMR

i will send you the standard reply incase you decide to get one so you will have all the info