Who did the first tank circle?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
Who did the first tank circle?

i was just sittin here wondering. maybe ac farias?
Old 12-25-2007, 10:09 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Who did the first tank circle?

First person I saw do them well was Grant from KCMW
Old 12-25-2007, 10:11 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Phil Sacnuts was also an early murderer.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:14 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

first i remember getting a few was Mark from MPZ... on a GSXR-1000...
Old 12-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

what years are we talking. like 02'?
Old 12-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by John LegionST
Was he doing them? I remember seeing him do highchair before most people ever did a normal circle.. but I don't remember seeing spreader..
Old 12-25-2007, 10:20 PM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Thats who came to my mind, who knows world wide, but I have footage back in the day of Mark doing HC circles at SW and he was the only one that year doing them (at the contest).

*Unless we're talking about specifically spreader circles, any circle on the tank is a tank circle, right. Well so goes west coast rules at least.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

tank circle. spreader hc 5050 whatev.

what year was this nick?
Old 12-25-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by nags
Was he doing them? I remember seeing him do highchair before most people ever did a normal circle.. but I don't remember seeing spreader..
Originally Posted by Nick Apex
Thats who came to my mind, who knows world wide, but I have footage back in the day of Mark doing HC circles at SW and he was the only one that year doing them (at the contest).

*Unless we're talking about specifically spreader circles, any circle on the tank is a tank circle, right. Well so goes west coast rules at least.
Nick kinda answered for me, any O on the tank is what i was going by... I remember Mark trying HC O's at Daytona XSBA in '03... and he kinda had them a little later that year...

Spreader i have no idea...
Old 12-25-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Vetter
tank circle. spreader hc 5050 whatev.

what year was this nick?

look at my last post, you just beat me... haha
Old 12-25-2007, 10:32 PM

Nick kinda answered for me, any O on the tank is what i was going by... I remember Mark trying HC O's at Daytona XSBA in '03... and he kinda had them a little later that year...

Ah, yea.. Thats where I first saw Mark do them as well. First try he got like 1.5
Old 12-25-2007, 10:33 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

I know my buddy Ryan Partin, started the spreader circle before they had ever heard of it........I didn't even ride back then. But i know he had em rock solid like near 3 years ago.....And it came up straight out his head to try em. He used to ride with Aaron Venible, and learned from him, and Aaron thought was crazy to try it, and pulled em off.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:36 PM

Bring back some memories?

http://www.the-nags.com/videos/MarkHighChair_DialUp.wmv
Old 12-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

damn was that a gixer 1k?
Old 12-25-2007, 10:41 PM

Of course.. Back then if you rode a gixxer.. It was a 750 or 1k. 600 was not an option.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:46 PM

Of course.. Back then if you rode a gixxer.. It was a 750 or 1k. 600 was not an option.
YUP!

<---- rocked the 1000 til i blew it up in the highway doing spreaders early in '04... was forced to rock a 600... learned to love it and never looked back... got on 636's middle '05...

nags, going to check that vid now.. but there are SOOOOO many things that bring back great memories...
Old 12-25-2007, 10:47 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

How long ago was that nags?
Old 12-25-2007, 10:47 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

damn:YEAH
Old 12-25-2007, 10:48 PM

Ponis is an unknown quantity at this point

Phil Sacnuts was also an early murderer.
man i miss that guy.... one cool **** and skills like no other.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:48 PM

YUP!

<---- rocked the 1000 til i blew it up in the highway doing spreaders early in '04... was forced to rock a 600... learned to love it and never looked back... got on 636's middle '05...

nags, going to check that vid now.. but there are SOOOOO many things that bring back great memories...
lol yup. I was on the 750 till I hopped on the 929 bandwagon.

Quick Reply: Who did the first tank circle?