Master of disaster

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 05:18 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: Master of disaster

636 dont like the rev limiter. stay off the limiter n u wont have this prob.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:12 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
636 dont like the rev limiter. stay off the limiter n u wont have this prob.
This bike had never seen the limiter all but a couple seconds and a couple times. All under load, all on 2 wheels or super power wheelies into endos. And trust me, a 636 can take a revlimiter beating just fine. My other motor has 15 plus shows and lived on the limiter the whole time and she's still kicking strong.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:32 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kliewer
Straight up redonkulous. I had the chain on my bike fall off during drifting, bunch up in the front sprocket cover and it exploded, took part of the block out with it... maybe the cam chain is bunched up somewheres inside there?
wooops! haha yea that sucks. It happened to me too, only I was clutching up a first gear wheelie on my new Aprilia RSV Mille!!!!!!!! I just happened to be at that Harley stunter, jumpin Jeff Schnieder, from KC's old bike shop grand opening, or a bike show there or something like that. ****, all I remember is alot of people watching to see what the Aprilia would do.... A swing and a miss! hahaha

I was like WTF cuz my **** just lurched and tacked out really high, and I thought I just popped it into neutral... which I had a bad habit of doing at the time cuz I had only ben riding maybe 5 months period, but I looked down and saw a green neutral light, I figured it was OK, so I stomped it down into first and tried again...... wouldn't you?? hahaha

Probably wouldv'e ben ok if I hadn't done that cuz that is when **** hit the fan! It broke on my first try and just laid on the ground.... then on the second attempt, my chain bound up in the sprocket, subsequently crackin my case right where the master slave cyl for my clutch mounts up! LOL I still had to pay like $280./mo for it too!! I figured ins who needs it right? haha ...squid... haha
I ****** used JB weld !!:YEAH no leaks, no problem...**** I put like 22,000 hard *** miles on it after that too! Just learned a leson on chain maintenance the hard way I guess... I lived down a mile of gravel and that is what ate up my chain so fast!

There is my christmas story.

Bummer on your bike Nick....I didn't read the whole thread, but sounds messed up.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:41 PM
www.mxdcages.com

Michael D Rickman is an unknown quantity at this point

what about motor life on the 63's? anyone do alot, i mean ALOT of revlimiter coasters on them? i know the motors seem to be pretty strong for everything else but i just can't stay off the limiter and i don't think they make a pick up for the kawi,do they?
Old 12-25-2007, 12:42 PM

J-Boogie is a decent person

trade that f4i for one of my 636's ... problem solved
Old 12-25-2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Michael D Rickman
what about motor life on the 63's? anyone do alot, i mean ALOT of revlimiter coasters on them? i know the motors seem to be pretty strong for everything else but i just can't stay off the limiter and i don't think they make a pick up for the kawi,do they?
To be honest I don't think they would take it. I've not pulled a pan yet, I will when I build the next one. But from what I understand the stock pickup is in a decent position.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:13 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

2.5 years on them, more shows and comps and STREET murder than i can remember... i have yet to blow a 636 motor... and i dont do anything besides run the oil close to the top of the glass... (im sure now that i said that i will blow one haha)

Stay off the limiter coasters and keep the highway revs under 9K and they will last a very long time... not that hard to do...
Old 12-25-2007, 05:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

pair mod and oil to the top of the site glass and the 636 motor is as tuff as any......

i think some thing got in the chain on this deal and thats what caused it
Old 12-25-2007, 06:29 PM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
pair mod and oil to the top of the site glass and the 636 motor is as tuff as any......

i think some thing got in the chain on this deal and thats what caused it

What's in there to catch in the chain? broken tooth?

the bike stayed running, or i'd have thought the same. If the cam chain ground to a halt tho, you'd imagine the motor would as well.

doesn't the chain look ok in this pic? does to me..

Name:  IMG_1664.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  45.0 KB

Last edited by y2kmk; 12-25-2007 at 06:34 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

when i was riding my 636 i would do a lot of rev limiter coasters and i never had a problem. all i did was keep the oil to the top of the site glass.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:44 PM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think this is an issue of oil starvation....
Old 12-25-2007, 06:48 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Ride a Honda and you won't have that problem... a stick of DYNO-mite wouldn't blow up an F4i motor! That sucks though Nick, no bueno at all!
Old 12-25-2007, 08:12 PM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
Do you have T-Mobile, I have a sidekick2 I'll give you. If so PM or myspace your address and I'll send it out asap.

And the honda comments....
First thing I thought was man my old F4i would have never done this, then as I pushed my 636 up into my truck I thought about how I would rather push that ***** into the shop, swap a motor that night, spend the cash, replace a head, install a new motor, break knuckles, bleed out 2 pints of blood, than EVER ride an F4i again! They're good bikes, but we're not on speaking terms these days.

Thanks i got you Email. Good looking out!
Hit me up if anything is needed.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:22 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DrasticDan
Thanks i got you Email. Good looking out!
Hit me up if anything is needed.
clear your pm's
Old 12-25-2007, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by suicidl
clear your pm's
I keep looking at your avatar, and quietly apologizing already.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:48 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
I keep looking at your avatar, and quietly apologizing already.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by suicidl
Old 12-26-2007, 01:12 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

I just joined the 636 club last week... I rode the bike for about 1 min and was 100% sold! I freakin love it! Sooooo much better than my gsxr. Even with stock gearing, stock clutch lever, and no hb I was in love. now that I have added a 10up sprocket, msr and brembo hb its on. I hope I dont have any problems like this!

heres a couple pics of the new hottness:

Old 12-26-2007, 02:40 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

It looks like a robot or a near neutering...not the 636, suicidls avatar. sorry I'm baked.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:38 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

That blows St. nick, Watch those shitty forks though, unless u got them sleeved. 636's are awesome bikes, just break alot for gay reasons.

Quick Reply: Master of disaster