WAVE ROTORS! Good or BAD?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 01:49 AM

krazykyle85 is a decent person
WAVE ROTORS! Good or BAD?!

ok so i know wave rotors are supposed to be the cats pajamas.. HAahaha... in street an racing sheot...

but what about stuntn?

cause i replaced a a rotor with to many crack for comfort for a rotor with some nice gouging an wear... an it gets brake fade alot quicker then the other rotor. obviously a minty fresh rotor would be optimum but i dont wanna spend the million dollars at a deal.. PLUS dealing with the dealer which is probly worse then the cost...
ebay has a bunch but i dont wanna pay for a rotor in similar condition as i already have.

SOoo what does everyone think about wave rotors on a stuntbike?
problems with brake fade after extened use?
diffrence in griping power?
haha an anything else..?!

thanks stuntlife hooligans
Old 12-24-2007, 02:08 AM

Guru is a decent person
Re: WAVE ROTORS! Good or BAD?!

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
ok so i know wave rotors are supposed to be the cats pajamas.. HAahaha... in street an racing sheot...

but what about stuntn?

cause i replaced a a rotor with to many crack for comfort for a rotor with some nice gouging an wear... an it gets brake fade alot quicker then the other rotor. obviously a minty fresh rotor would be optimum but i dont wanna spend the million dollars at a deal.. PLUS dealing with the dealer which is probly worse then the cost...
ebay has a bunch but i dont wanna pay for a rotor in similar condition as i already have.

i have a wave rotor on my rear and love it!!! wont ever ride a stock rear on my f4i again
www.starrotors.com and they are a good price!!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:39 AM

LTHL6R is a decent person

Ive heard that wave rotor make the bike feel like its "lunging" under hard braking.

Edit*
Or better yet , feel like your rotor is warped. Im sure you know what that feels like in a car.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:43 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

but what about stuntn?

try using brake clean and a red scotch brite to clean the glaze from the rotor.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

been running galfer waves for about a year now, stock lines & pads...no probs whatsoever & now I hate stock rotors.

up front the initial bute is much better & they r more sensitive for sure. at the very end of the stoppie u can sorta feel the waves but I've found this to b inconsequential.

same in the rear, I hate stock.

I run stock pads & lines all the way around & only get slight brake fade during long endo practice or somethin similar.

a worn or grooved rotor is as junk as a cracked or bent one. ill take cracked over groove ne day. grooves make only part of the pad work which is why ur brakes suck.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:39 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
been running galfer waves for about a year now, stock lines & pads...no probs whatsoever & now I hate stock rotors.

up front the initial bute is much better & they r more sensitive for sure. at the very end of the stoppie u can sorta feel the waves but I've found this to b inconsequential.

same in the rear, I hate stock.

I run stock pads & lines all the way around & only get slight brake fade during long endo practice or somethin similar.

a worn or grooved rotor is as junk as a cracked or bent one. ill take cracked over groove ne day. grooves make only part of the pad work which is why ur brakes suck.

thanks... so for circles coasters straightline sheot you never have any problems?

like doin slow circle combos does it girp to much? i got a brembo with braided lines an stock pads...
Old 12-24-2007, 03:08 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks... so for circles coasters straightline sheot you never have any problems?

like doin slow circle combos does it girp to much? i got a brembo with braided lines an stock pads...
have you seen him ride in the past year? cuz i sure as hell didnt see him having any problems killin it with those rotors.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:55 PM

mikkee is a decent person

I think it's kinda a personal preference thing. Teach don't do the super slow smooth darius style circle combos like you O dizz and rickman do, so where he likes it for his riding style you might hate it.. Best thing to do it try it out and see how YOU like it with your set up and riding style.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:57 PM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by mikkee
I think it's kinda a personal preference thing. Teach don't do the super slow smooth darius style circle combos like you O dizz and rickman do, so where he likes it for his riding style you might hate it.. Best thing to do it try it out and see how YOU like it with your set up and riding style.
i do slow circle combos..... hope they are smooth lol

i love my wave rotor!!
Old 12-24-2007, 04:16 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by Guru SF
i do slow circle combos..... hope they are smooth lol

i love my wave rotor!!
I may try it. Just put new pads on and think I took my old pads off a little too late cuz now my brakes kinda suck and pretty sure I fucked up my rotor a bit. Though new stock rotors from kawi arn't that expensive so eh..
Old 12-24-2007, 04:20 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

never rocked a wave rotor... but mr. mcneil is correct about the grooved rotor being as good as a paper weight... most newer riders ruin rear rotors by riding them too much, especially durring faster stuff or idle circles/no handers... another reason to learn throttle control... smooth throttle that controls the wheelie lets you use less brake... pads and rotors last longer... is it a sad thing or amazing that im on the same rear PADS from over a year ago?!?!?!?! HAHAHA
Old 12-24-2007, 04:28 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

Last thread about this that I read general consensous hated waved and now on this thread most people are liking them haah

I love them for roadracing though no fade and they bite better....if that helps at all
Old 12-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person

I want to see someone rig up a bracket for the rear brake for a big *** front rotor.....mmmmm....
Old 12-24-2007, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by kipROCKet
I want to see someone rig up a bracket for the rear brake for a big *** front rotor.....mmmmm....
had that idea about three years ago... but then realized a properly setup and bled braking system has more than enough power... if you want to go overkill get a ho hey braket that uses a front caliper for the HB...
Old 12-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

Originally Posted by kipROCKet
Maybe hohey....since they are fabing new brackets already, they could probably rig something up if they had spare time, a case of beer, and feel like getting a little creative
Old 12-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

Originally Posted by John LegionST
had that idea about three years ago... but then realized a properly setup and bled braking system has more than enough power... if you want to go overkill get a ho hey braket that uses a front caliper for the HB...

two steps ahead of me
Old 12-24-2007, 04:37 PM

Oh yeah not denying that a proper setup would not be sufficient but I would sure think it would help out on brake fade for all day lot secessions
Old 12-24-2007, 04:39 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

when i bought Phil's bike aka Silly Neck, he had a front caliper rigged up on the rear and it SUCKED ***... waaaaaaaaaay too damn sensitive. at least for my liking. the HB i got used to but the foot brake was OVER KILL.

it all depends on how sensitive you want the rear brake to be.

i still got the custom bracket if anyone wants to buy it... haha... its for a 04 636.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:47 PM

imafrogg - sorry, hahaha

kip - as long as you arent murdering your brake, and its bled right, fade whould never be a problem... if it is you need to fix it... fluid might be shot, air in lines.. something... just a heads up

Sic J - Yep, there is a such thing as too much brake... but like anything else, you can get used to it... i guess its all just personal preference...
Old 12-24-2007, 04:56 PM

Yeah my **** got hot when I broke my front brake lever off and I had to stop with my rear brake for a couple weeks...all fixed up now though.

Quick Reply: WAVE ROTORS! Good or BAD?!