WAVE ROTORS! Good or BAD?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold
Re: WAVE ROTORS! Good or BAD?!

never been through a set of pads. never got brake fade. stock gearing too so you know im going somewhat fast during straight line combos, especially if i got the room. i love getting up in the revs. lotsa EB.

i run BMW 5.1 fluid and a good bleed.

rotors im not sure but if they are grooved they are trash. you can bring pads back with brake cleaner and a scotch brite pad.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:05 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by kipROCKet
Yeah my **** got hot when I broke my front brake lever off and I had to stop with my rear brake for a couple weeks...all fixed up now though.
If you didnt do it yet, bleed your brakes to get fresh fluid in there... once they are overheated (and they will if you are using all rear to stop all day, especially from any type of decent speed) once they have been overheated and faded once, it will happen easier each time... newer fluid = better baking and less chance of fade...
Old 12-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by John LegionST
once they are overheated (and they will if you are using all rear to stop all day, especially from any type of decent speed) once they have been overheated and faded once, it will happen easier each time... newer fluid = better baking and less chance of fade...
+1

and make sure your resovoirs are setup that they dont suck any air into the line during a wheelie. because that will make it boil quicker too.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=mikkee;3078338]Teach don't do the super slow smooth darius style circle combos QUOTE]

that's because that **** is boring!

every tenth time i ride, D show's up and it's instant nap time

+1 on the pads john, my RR are as low as i've ever run them. a far cry from back in teh 900RR days of warping pads into a C shape from being on the brake so hard!

but ya, the wave rear is really nice. i like em up front a lot now too, but i def could see how some people might not want that sort of sensitivity up there...however, for the rear, it's great for anything.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:29 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vetter
you can bring pads back with brake cleaner and a scotch brite pad.
Does that work with front rotors that have been soaked with fork fluid for a year?

I can 4 finger my front brake and my rear wheel wont come up my **** is soo bad..

getting new seals and new brake pads soon, wondering if I'm gonna need rotors
Old 12-24-2007, 05:40 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

no clue man. i always change my seals if they blown.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:44 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Does that work with front rotors that have been soaked with fork fluid for a year?

I can 4 finger my front brake and my rear wheel wont come up my **** is soo bad..

if they arent grooved/warped brake clean should do the trick.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:47 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vetter
no clue man. i always change my seals if they blown.
Mine blew like the second week I was learning wheelies

and I decided to not change them tell I was halfway decent at wheelies lol
Old 12-24-2007, 05:50 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6

+1 on the pads john, my RR are as low as i've ever run them. a far cry from back in teh 900RR days of warping pads into a C shape from being on the brake so hard!

HAHAHAHA... like the first time i used rear brake on the highway (were talking '02 here...wow just realized i was stunting i good while before i ever joined SL... all the way back in '00) anyway... and i tested the strength of a GSXR-1000 rear rotor by making it glow and shoot sparks... HAHAHA... ahhh the memories... good times

Chris, left you a voicemail... gimme a call when you have a min. so we can get your beater setup...
Old 12-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee

I always thought if fluid touched the pads they were ruined..

Your rotors should be fine though, just clean them up real good.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:16 PM
JB

JB is an unknown quantity at this point

i had waved rotors on my old gixer on the front and found that they would pulsate under light braking. they were brand new and even after having them on there for a while they never changed. never bothered me with stoppies though coz i would grab the brakes alot harder and be goin much faster, even once i was up there and getting off the brakes. just really slow speed light braking to pull up you could feel it pulsate.
in saying that though, i had a buddy who had the same brand waved rotors on his 919 and loved them. never any probs and swore by them. said they were 10times better than stock rotors. so i think it comes down to different brand waved rotors on different bikes??? some work well and others dont. kinda like this cage on 3 different bikes. workes well on those 2 but **** for the 3rd bike kinda thing
Old 12-24-2007, 06:29 PM
B2S

B2S can only hope to improve

i have a rear wave rotor for the f4i and front and rear waves on the o4 636.lov em on both bikes
Old 12-24-2007, 10:43 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

ya i understand how slow combos can get boring thats why i like mixn it up...
but i guess ill have to try them out an see...

thanks for the opinions guys...:YEAH
Old 12-25-2007, 02:23 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
Last thread about this that I read general consensous hated waved and now on this thread most people are liking them haah

I love them for roadracing though no fade and they bite better....if that helps at all
i still hate them on the front.... but love one on the rear.... galfers that is...

up front they're a lil too grabby for my tastes....
Old 12-25-2007, 06:03 PM

Ok.. so my NEXt question... is what does every one prefer on the rear...
what brand?

im rockna 01 f4i... braided lines an adapter.... with brembo master.... stock pads...
Old 12-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

f4i.ho hey bracket. 03 636 HB non radial master. stock pads. goodridge lines. i really dont think i need anymore brake. im happy. ive used a radial aftermarket master for the HB and i didnt really like it.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:50 PM

i love my radial! id never get ride of it!
i ahve riden a bike with your setup.. i dint really like it to much.. i prefer my brembo...

an im talkn what brand wave rotor is what i wanna know...
Old 12-26-2007, 04:11 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
i love my radial! id never get ride of it!
i ahve riden a bike with your setup.. i dint really like it to much.. i prefer my brembo...

an im talkn what brand wave rotor is what i wanna know...
have you tried a 954 master its non-radial, but was my favorite out of everything i have ran.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:04 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
Ok.. so my NEXt question... is what does every one prefer on the rear...
what brand?

im rockna 01 f4i... braided lines an adapter.... with brembo master.... stock pads...
I know most people swear by stock pads and I use them for the most part. But try some EBC HH's in the back. They're sick in the back.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:19 AM

glingglo is an unknown quantity at this point

does every body use sintered pads for the front or standard?

i cant get on with hh in the rear but i must be ***** as i burn out a set of rears in two weeks or less, but i am really heavy... oh well i best get better then.... although iv been doind rear pads at this rate for over a year now... i do a lot of fig 8 and give a big ****** sqeeve to haul my big *** to a stop n turn!

What bout the front pads? what do you run??

Quick Reply: WAVE ROTORS! Good or BAD?!