Who has the answer ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 01:36 AM

JvGSXR750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Who has the answer ?

I need to know what the **** happened to my bike ? The last time I road it I was at are spot just ******* around practicing slow wheelies I came home parked my bike in it’s usual spot.
The next day it snowed and I was unable to ride if for about 2 mounts now . So today I went to back it up because I was going to look at the forks from a crash I had about 3 months ago. It backed up about 8 feet then the tire stopped spinning , so I pushed it forward 7 feet then the tire stopped spinning , then backed it up 3 feet and the tire stopped spinning . the chain just keeps getting tighter and tighter the more I push it back and forth . Something is just getting stuck somewhere. It has been sitting in a cold garage not moved for about 2 months . Has anyone experienced this **** and what was it ? last time I road it it was fine, Since then all it has done is sit in the cold any ideas ?
I don’t know if it matters or not but the battery Is almost dead wont start the bike just barely turns it over . it's a 2000 GSXR 750
Old 12-23-2007, 01:38 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Who has the answer ?

is your chain all rusty....
Old 12-23-2007, 01:43 AM

No brand new
Old 12-23-2007, 01:51 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

hhmm stumped....

rats nest under the front sprocket cover.....lol
Old 12-23-2007, 01:55 AM
It's cold out here

csiamanis is an unknown quantity at this point

This may seem like a stupid question, but are you sure it is in neutral? Maybe it's not and it's a tranny problem? Maybe it is and it is? Also, does it do this while you have the clutch disengaged (pulled in)?
Old 12-23-2007, 01:55 AM

DerekMey is a decent person

damn dude i'm stumped on this one....i might actually need hands on.

Dumb question, but it's not that it's in gear, and your letting off the clutch when your moving it???? Other than that enormously dumb question, take the tire off the chain off, put it in gear, and if it still does it, your problem is internal on the transmission.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:56 AM

when i'm saying this i'm meaning your gonna have to turn the front sprocket, with the clutch in, and also in neutral with the clutch out........i thought this would be implied, but keeping myself from getting bashed. Not that you would roll the bike
Old 12-23-2007, 01:57 AM
It's cold out here

D, thats a dumb *** question! Why ask that?
Old 12-23-2007, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by csiamanis
D, thats a dumb *** question! Why ask that?
Damnit
Old 12-23-2007, 02:00 AM

Clutch in or out has no effect its like im not even pulling it in , that seemed strange to me as well.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:02 AM
also known as OMR

if it did it with the clutch pulled in then we could just say the clutch is sticking but i assumed he meant with the bike in neutral.....

if it is with the clutch pulled in then just make sure it has oil in it and start the bike because if the oil is low and it sat for a long time there may just not be any oil on the fibers.....
Old 12-23-2007, 02:02 AM
It's cold out here

Does it seem to have a lot of resistance when you push it and it does move?
Old 12-23-2007, 02:03 AM
also known as OMR

make sure it's in neutral when you start it incase the clutch is sticking and be on the brakes when you put it in gear just incase
Old 12-23-2007, 02:06 AM

well i was saying try with neutral (off clutch) and if it's fine THEN go to clutch in and try and move it with it in first gear....if that doesn't work, you eliminate the chain and the entire rear end. It would be the transmission. Remember eliminate all causes first with mechanical problems. OMR i was just saying, u know how many squidlies get on here and can't start the bike cuz it's in gear and ****. So i took ALL precautions
Old 12-23-2007, 02:08 AM

Yeah the best way I can describe it is its like it’s a harley with a belt, it has some give when I push it , it doesn’t just catch its kind of spongy . the chine just keeps getting tighter and tighter even when i losen the rear bolt
Old 12-23-2007, 02:09 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by DerekMey
well i was saying try with neutral (off clutch) and if it's fine THEN go to clutch in and try and move it with it in first gear....if that doesn't work, you eliminate the chain and the entire rear end. It would be the transmission. Remember eliminate all causes first with mechanical problems. OMR i was just saying, u know how many squidlies get on here and can't start the bike cuz it's in gear and ****. So i took ALL precautions
point taken....how many times have they said oh i have to have the kickstand up...lol
Old 12-23-2007, 02:09 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

something stuck in the chain?
Old 12-23-2007, 02:10 AM
also known as OMR

so are you saying in neutral it does this or only in gear ?
Old 12-23-2007, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by MikeM
something stuck in the chain?
That’s what I thought but there is to much give for that.
Thanks for all the help this **** has just got me baffled
Old 12-23-2007, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
so are you saying in neutral it does this or only in gear ?

Both

Quick Reply: Who has the answer ?