Who has the answer ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 03:12 AM

Cincykillz is a decent person
Re: Who has the answer ?

just an idea but on my gsxr i crashed before and broke the pin that disengaged the clutch which is behind the the front sprocket cover. I got a 05 dunno what year you got or if your sprocket cover is differnt but maybe the pin is fucked or the little gadget that makes it move in and out is fucked (sorry dunno what its called)
Old 12-23-2007, 03:13 AM

JvGSXR750 is an unknown quantity at this point

The second attempt is when I thought I bent the forks this is why I was looking at it in the first place http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRygT9Q9DpU
Old 12-23-2007, 03:15 AM

6DoubleR is an unknown quantity at this point

not sure about this...you havent taken either one of the wheels off since you rode it last did you???
Old 12-23-2007, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by threeonethyrd
not sure about this...you havent taken either one of the wheels off since you rode it last did you???
no drove it home and parked it now its broke
Old 12-23-2007, 03:21 AM

Now why don’t this link play if you copy paste in the search it plays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRygT9Q9DpU
Old 12-23-2007, 03:24 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

well dammit get off the computer and get out in the garage and figure this **** out.....lol

lift the front tire off the ground and see if it spins free ,then do the same with the rear , if it's the rear thats sticking take the chain off the sprocket and see if the wheel still sticks or if it's the chain or tranny..
Old 12-23-2007, 03:25 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

hit copy short cut instead of just copy
Old 12-23-2007, 03:37 AM

6DoubleR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
well dammit get off the computer and get out in the garage and figure this **** out.....lol

lift the front tire off the ground and see if it spins free ,then do the same with the rear , if it's the rear thats sticking take the chain off the sprocket and see if the wheel still sticks or if it's the chain or tranny..
+1111 try what he said...thats the way to find out whats wrong with it:YEAH
Old 12-23-2007, 03:53 AM

DerekMey is a decent person

dude you live in a town called Savage......that's pretty cool
Old 12-23-2007, 04:08 AM

NoFixedAbode is a decent person

You say it is a new chain? If that was the last mechanical thing you did, then that is probably the cause. Have you removed engine cover and chain to elliminate? Same **** happend to me, turned out when I put new chain on I over tightend link.

Last edited by NoFixedAbode; 12-23-2007 at 04:23 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:55 AM
It's cold out here

csiamanis is an unknown quantity at this point

How new is the new chain? None of the sprocket teeth are bent? I've heard that if your sprockets have a nasty wear pattern from the old chain (little maintenance) they wont get along with the new one. I'd say it would have to be pretty bad. I'm thinking that this is going to be a trans problem...

Last edited by csiamanis; 12-23-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:08 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

take a flat head screwdriver n spread the rear pads n try to roll it n see if it got any beyyet

you got a rear stand? put the the bike in nuetral n turn the bike on see if the tire spins in nuetral, if no put it in 2nd, clutch out slow see if it spins or cathes, if it spins alright throw it down to first n see if it catches or spins freely
Old 12-23-2007, 01:32 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

how about this....what are you actually doing besides sitting here thinking about it?

first thing i would have done is put it on a rear stand and see if it's only at the rear. keeping the bike in gear. if it rolls then gets resistance then i would probably take off the chain and see if the rear wheel will spin freely. then i would take off the front sprocket cover and see if the front sprocket spins while in neutral. if both of those do it's your chain.

even though you say your chain isn't rusted....wet chain sitting for 2 months, i'm putting money on the chain. also, because you said it doesn't dead lock up, it only gets harder to push, meaning that the straight portion of the chain is trying to make that tight radius around the front sprocket after sitting straight for 2 months.

and where are you that's had snow for 2 months? i was just up there on thanksgiving and there was no snow.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:19 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by binder929rr
how about this....what are you actually doing besides sitting here thinking about it?

first thing i would have done is put it on a rear stand and see if it's only at the rear. keeping the bike in gear. if it rolls then gets resistance then i would probably take off the chain and see if the rear wheel will spin freely. then i would take off the front sprocket cover and see if the front sprocket spins while in neutral. if both of those do it's your chain.

even though you say your chain isn't rusted....wet chain sitting for 2 months, i'm putting money on the chain. also, because you said it doesn't dead lock up, it only gets harder to push, meaning that the straight portion of the chain is trying to make that tight radius around the front sprocket after sitting straight for 2 months.

and where are you that's had snow for 2 months? i was just up there on thanksgiving and there was no snow.
had the same prob on my 03 750, i started mine and tried to move and it was struggling like the back brake was on so i just dumped the clutch and it broke free didnt sounfd 2 pretty but it didnt do it any more never figured out what it as though
Old 12-23-2007, 03:19 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

I know exactly whats wrong with it.......yall are all dumb for not thinking of this its easy
Old 12-23-2007, 03:43 PM
also known as OMR

well ????????
Old 12-23-2007, 05:24 PM

Its a GSXR
Old 12-23-2007, 05:27 PM
also known as OMR

i expected more from you...lol
Old 12-23-2007, 05:32 PM

ha ha sorry i let you down buddy.....Maybe the bearings are seized up in the back wheel from sitting and it will only allow it to roll for a few feet take the chain off and try to push it then you will def know if it is in the rear wheel but if it has no prob its prob in your gear box
Old 12-23-2007, 06:14 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

we can all speculate this easy problem.....plain and simple, the thing would have been fixed within an hour if it was in my garage. instead he just wants answers on the internet when he could be troubleshooting it.

Quick Reply: Who has the answer ?