thomas you beat me to it..

-kane
Old 12-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person
Re: Stunt Shows and Insurance.

Originally Posted by thehate.
we have a 1 mil from AIG and it was about $400 per event
im jealous, im guessing there isnt as many sue happy crazies in alaska as there are in Cali
Old 12-23-2007, 07:35 PM

SickTrickRick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
you idiots shouldnt be doing shows for $800
im going to dissagree with you guys, getting paid 800 for something you love to do isnt bad, even if i wasnt getting paid i would still stunt ride
Old 12-23-2007, 08:17 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gixer1
im going to dissagree with you guys, getting paid 800 for something you love to do isnt bad, even if i wasnt getting paid i would still stunt ride

yeah i would too...

say you love computers... you surf the net all the time, etc..

you gonna go work for microsoft for free??

I mean you do love computers, dont you?
Old 12-23-2007, 10:51 PM

WADESEC518 is an unknown quantity at this point

you need to register a business name and get quotes from different insurance carriers. you dont really need to explain EVERYTHING that will be done just make sure that what you want to do at the show isnt excluded from the policy. ive got a 2 mill policy for my company (i build houses) and it does cover stunt shows as long as i dont have any potential explosions or pyrotechnics involved and no freestyle motocross. its basicly classified as a carshow/ concert. my policy cost 2 g's per year flat rate. hope that helps
Old 12-23-2007, 10:58 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by WADESEC518
you need to register a business name and get quotes from different insurance carriers. you dont really need to explain EVERYTHING that will be done just make sure that what you want to do at the show isnt excluded from the policy. ive got a 2 mill policy for my company (i build houses) and it does cover stunt shows as long as i dont have any potential explosions or pyrotechnics involved and no freestyle motocross. its basicly classified as a carshow/ concert. my policy cost 2 g's per year flat rate. hope that helps
the name of the company would probably be a better help .
Old 12-23-2007, 11:05 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i would too...

say you love computers... you surf the net all the time, etc..

you gonna go work for microsoft for free??

I mean you do love computers, dont you?
Not all of us can bring to the table what you can... so $800 is not bad, and it's a lot better than $0!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:10 PM
www.GSENick.com

GSE Nick is a decent person

800 if its local isnt bad. concidering some other ***** would just come and do it fo free!

but i looked into the insurance and your not gonna catch me paying it unless im running the show and im making the money. they want stunts they gotta pay! the people having the show should have event insurance anyways.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:30 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GSE Nick
800 if its local isnt bad. concidering some other ***** would just come and do it fo free!

I think that's the idea, if we (Stunt Riders) do shows for free that is the value of shows. So what Thomas is saying is to set a precedence, a value for shows. As far as what that value is, $800-$5,000, I wouldn't be the one to say.

If everyone gave away the Videos they made just because they wanted to make a video, soon there would be no market for videos.

There is a certain responsibility that we have to help the whole group to go forward and not just a single team or individual.
Old 12-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

yea okay if your Kane or darius 800 is to cheap to do a show but for guys doing a local show, getting exposure, and opening up the community to stunting in a major car dealership open house, thats good, esp cus its a blast for us to do.

I see what your saying, don't sell our sport cheap and lower the standards. but for more than 800 they could of hired alot of different entertaining or crowd attracting things...like renting a moon jump instead....you know
Old 12-23-2007, 11:41 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
yea okay if your Kane or darius 800 is to cheap to do a show but for guys doing a local show, getting exposure, and opening up the community to stunting in a major car dealership open house, thats good, esp cus its a blast for us to do.

I see what your saying, don't sell our sport cheap and lower the standards. but for more than 800 they could of hired alot of different entertaining or crowd attracting things...like renting a moon jump instead....you know
What I did was set a limit that we were not willing to go under and tried to stick to it.

Yeah Like I said I am not the one to comment on what that value is. Sounds like you're doing it well...
Old 12-24-2007, 12:00 AM

on_thegas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by imafrogg420

a moon jump.....
Old 12-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

Originally Posted by Schwartz
What I did was set a limit that we were not willing to go under and tried to stick to it.

Yeah Like I said I am not the one to comment on what that value is. Sounds like you're doing it well...
Thanks, We would of never had it if it wasn't for the owners brother being into bikes and stunting, so instead of them spending that cash on some other form of entertainment we got it....

Originally Posted by on_thegas
a moon jump.....
Hahaha you know what I mean lol
Old 12-24-2007, 01:50 AM

im all for doing local shows cheap.. if they want insurance make em pay for it...

but if some big wig for an event company sees you ride and wants you to participate in some huge event that they obviously are making hundreds of thousands off of.. dont sell yourself short.. and if you arent capable then pass it off to someone else and take 20%

so you could bid it at $800 and tear up your bike etc etc

or you could bid a show at $4000 and get someone like Kane/Darius/Teach to do it.. take 20% (which is $800 incedentally) and you dont have to do anything... plus you can still be the local superstar if you like and hang out with a pro, who will be your best bud for the weekend since you just put $3200 in their pocket

but hey.. what do i know?
Old 12-24-2007, 01:59 AM

on_thegas is an unknown quantity at this point

im all for doing local shows cheap.. if they want insurance make em pay for it...

but if some big wig for an event company sees you ride and wants you to participate in some huge event that they obviously are making hundreds of thousands off of.. dont sell yourself short.. and if you arent capable then pass it off to someone else and take 20%

or you could bid a show at $4000 and get someone like Kane/Darius/Teach to do it.. take 20% (which is $800 incedentally) and you dont have to do anything... plus you can still be the local superstar if you like and hang out with a pro, who will be your best bud for the weekend since you just put $3200 in their pocket

i wonder how long it took for you to do the math......
Old 12-24-2007, 11:09 AM

SickTrickRick is an unknown quantity at this point

+1
Old 12-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

+ 10000000
Old 12-24-2007, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by on_thegas
i wonder how long it took for you to do the math......
Not half the time it took you to come up with such a witty comeback
Old 12-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

Not half the time it took you to come up with such a witty comeback
ahah okay don't pop a blood vessel trying to think to hard here boys