One for the home team!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 11:10 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person
One for the home team!

I just got back from court for wreckless driving that occured last year on the way to a local show and I WON!:YEAH
What makes it sweet is that they confiscated our video from the truck behind us and tried to use it against us, when all it did was prove that i was in control of the bike.

I was wrote up for wreckless driving indiana code 9-21-8-52 that states

IC 9-21-8-52
Reckless driving; Class B misdemeanor; damage to property; suspension
Sec. 52. (a) A person who operates a vehicle and who recklessly:
(1) drives at such an unreasonably high rate of speed or at such an unreasonably low rate of speed under the circumstances as to:
(A) endanger the safety or the property of others; or
(B) block the proper flow of traffic;
(2) passes another vehicle from the rear while on a slope or on a curve where vision is obstructed for a distance of less than five hundred (500) feet ahead;
(3) drives in and out of a line of traffic, except as otherwise permitted;
(4) speeds up or refuses to give one-half (1/2) of the roadway to
a driver overtaking and desiring to pass; or
(5) passes a school bus stopped on a roadway when the arm signal device specified in IC 9-21-12-13 is in the device's extended position;
commits a Class B misdemeanor.
(b) If an offense under subsection (a) results in damage to the property of another person, the court shall recommend the suspension of the current driving license of the person for a fixed period of:
(1) not less than thirty (30) days; and
(2) not more than one (1) year.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9. Amended by P.L.127-1993, SEC.1; P.L.1-2005, SEC.103.

The state had no way of proving that i was excessively speeding or going unreasonably slow, and the video showed we were not hindering traffic in any way! They kept trying to plea w/me before we started the bench trial and i ALMOST took the Disorderly Conduct, but said screw it, i'm already here, let's see what happens!

and as i exited, i made sure to smile at all the police officers on my way out!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:14 AM

ecthemc is a decent person
Re: One for the home team!

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
I just got back from court for wreckless driving that occured last year on the way to a local show and I WON!:YEAH
What makes it sweet is that they confiscated our video from the truck behind us and tried to use it against us, when all it did was prove that i was in control of the bike.

I was wrote up for wreckless driving indiana code 9-21-8-52 that states

IC 9-21-8-52
Reckless driving; Class B misdemeanor; damage to property; suspension
Sec. 52. (a) A person who operates a vehicle and who recklessly:
(1) drives at such an unreasonably high rate of speed or at such an unreasonably low rate of speed under the circumstances as to:
(A) endanger the safety or the property of others; or
(B) block the proper flow of traffic;
(2) passes another vehicle from the rear while on a slope or on a curve where vision is obstructed for a distance of less than five hundred (500) feet ahead;
(3) drives in and out of a line of traffic, except as otherwise permitted;
(4) speeds up or refuses to give one-half (1/2) of the roadway to
a driver overtaking and desiring to pass; or
(5) passes a school bus stopped on a roadway when the arm signal device specified in IC 9-21-12-13 is in the device's extended position;
commits a Class B misdemeanor.
(b) If an offense under subsection (a) results in damage to the property of another person, the court shall recommend the suspension of the current driving license of the person for a fixed period of:
(1) not less than thirty (30) days; and
(2) not more than one (1) year.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9. Amended by P.L.127-1993, SEC.1; P.L.1-2005, SEC.103.

The state had no way of proving that i was excessively speeding or going unreasonably slow, and the video showed we were not hindering traffic in any way! They kept trying to plea w/me before we started the bench trial and i ALMOST took the Disorderly Conduct, but said screw it, i'm already here, let's see what happens!

and as i exited, i made sure to smile at all the police officers on my way out!

That's ******* sick dude.. let everyone be known to read your Driving Reckless ordinaces.. and I hope this is the first of many to win.

Is there any other tickets they gave you etc? or are u off scott free
Old 12-20-2007, 11:17 AM

got off scott free.... Should of seen the look on the prosecutors face!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:20 AM

ecthemc is a decent person

Damn son.. they fealt pretty ******* stupid. they think a camera or a phone picture serves enough to do anything to anyone.. But I havent read anything about One Wheel off the ground means some type of ticket here.. Yet ************* take it in the *** all the ******* time for this ****.

I guess just fuckn go the speed limit.. bring it up and let them lick your ***** in court just to do it !!!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:22 AM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

Goes to show it is always worth taking it to court. That is awesome! Soon they will realize a good stunt rider has more control than any idiot on a fully dressed bagger....
Old 12-20-2007, 11:23 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

BRO. thats so ****** awesome!!!!!!!!! they hit me with that **** like 3 years ago!..... but mine stuck!!!! the fucked up part was my INS on my bike before was 70$ per month full coverage, after $190 per month and State farm dropped my *** like a bad habit!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by thehate.
BRO. thats so ****** awesome!!!!!!!!! they hit me with that **** like 3 years ago!..... but mine stuck!!!! the fucked up part was my INS on my bike before was 70$ per month full coverage, after $190 per month and State farm dropped my *** like a bad habit!!!

that blows man, that's why i almost took the disorderly, so it wouldn't go on my driving record if i lost, but my lawyer ran my license and came back with 0 points, so i said screw it, whats the worst that could happen

My lawyer said if i had points and lost, they would suspend me for sure, but since i didn't, then there really wasn't any justification to suspend me and the only difference between losing and doing the plea was the points, fines were the same and all....
Old 12-20-2007, 11:35 AM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW, That LAW has nothing to do with reckless driving...all it does is encompass several other already stated traffic infractions....outside of crashing...Man...I guess it's legal to wheelie in IN....

That's GREAT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Awesome job and make sure all the police know....a simple controlled whellie can't be considered reckless!!!!!

Florida is completely different and leaves the action up to interpretation...Reckless driving is the willful and wanton disregard for persons and property. That's it!!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:39 AM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

hahahh!!! sweet dude!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:42 AM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

wow thats crazy, wish I could have seen the look on the cops face
Old 12-20-2007, 11:49 AM

i'm hoping to get the video back tomorrow so we can post it up, it's nothing special though, we we're just doing squidly staggered's, but it proved we were in control
Old 12-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

:YEAH :YEAH

Goooddd shhhiiiitttt..
Old 12-20-2007, 01:11 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FrankieG
WOW, That LAW has nothing to do with reckless driving...all it does is encompass several other already stated traffic infractions....outside of crashing...Man...I guess it's legal to wheelie in IN....

That's GREAT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Awesome job and make sure all the police know....a simple controlled whellie can't be considered reckless!!!!!

Florida is completely different and leaves the action up to interpretation...Reckless driving is the willful and wanton disregard for persons and property. That's it!!!!

yup that's how it is here. hell I got a wreckless driving and impound here for doing nothing, had a license and insurance and everything legal on my bike even. they saw a dented tank and scrape bar and I was targeted with a totally fake story. so it must be nice in indiana. if they had the tape here they would probably try to figure out the distance of the wheelie and then charge by the foot
Old 12-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

that awesome that you got off on it.

i got a wreckless and a driving while suspended this summer cutting circles in between 2 gas pumps. lol.

i called down the next day and somehow the wreckless got dropped.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by MikeOnTheBike
yup that's how it is here. hell I got a wreckless driving and impound here for doing nothing, had a license and insurance and everything legal on my bike even. they saw a dented tank and scrape bar and I was targeted with a totally fake story. so it must be nice in indiana. if they had the tape here they would probably try to figure out the distance of the wheelie and then charge by the foot

e-brake had one on there over 3 miles, so that would of been expensive! lol....

The cops that cited us weren't the ones that saw us doing stuff, it was an off duty that called it in, when we were going through their 1 stop light town, they acted like we robbed the bank, made us pour out two cases of beer cuz one guy in the truck wasn't 21, and kept threatening to take us to jail, was a little over an hour ordeal, finally i told them to take us to jail or cite us and let us be on our way... then i told them to come check out the show if they weren't working the weekend.... Funny thing is, he actually put that in his report
Old 12-20-2007, 03:32 PM

Here's the Police Report......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Police Report.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	203841
Old 12-20-2007, 03:38 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Your lucky

wont be long before stunt laws are everywhere, just like the one there trying to pass in missouri...

Doing stunts are gonna become there own crime soon
Old 12-20-2007, 03:39 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

im moving there.......lol

i could wheelie around all day on the streets as long as i didn't speed , sounds like heaven to me........
Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 PM

dizzie56 is an unknown quantity at this point

lmfao...riding "crouch rockets". cant believe that he actually put in there that you told him to come to the show...that ***** just funny man
Old 12-20-2007, 03:46 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

congrats

Quick Reply: One for the home team!