Bike Caught on fire......

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:21 PM

MsgAdams is a decent person
Bike Caught on fire......

So I was at a spot i normally stunt at and I was learning 12 oclocks, and doin some seat stander wheelies. I fell a few times on the 12 oclocks, never mousetrapped it or nothing, just dumped the bike over. The next thing i know is I see orange light coming from under the gas tank flickering and im like wtf is that. Then it hits me, fire. so I get a water bottle and that did absolutely nothing as somewhat expected, then grabbed a fire extinguisher and emptied all of it on the bike and it did nothing haha. The bike is totalled now and very few parts are salvagable. What causes a bike like this to randomly catch on fire? and how could i prevent this from happening again? any ideas or other stories would be appreciated, thanks guys!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:25 PM

illegal_skillz is a decent person
Re: Bike Caught on fire......

What kind of bike is it?
Old 12-18-2007, 03:25 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

Holy **** dude.. sounds super electrical- thats fuckn crazy You got pics or film of this..

And you had an extinguisher close?? crazy ****. smart thinking if you did..

id put my money on gas in the airbox but i have no freaking clue how that could of happened.. or it could be from ur stator sparking from moving around and hitting ur subframe and than add dripping gas.. so many possabilitys !
Old 12-18-2007, 03:32 PM

Ghini is a decent person

sounds like you had a little hole in a line and a spark just happend to jump in their and go nuts
Old 12-18-2007, 03:33 PM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

Recently take your tank off? Old hoses under the tank? Drop the blunt in the gastank?

I want pictures or film!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:35 PM

Ryan R is a decent person

happened to a friend of mine in the middle of the highway, didn't have any way to put it out, so we just had to watch it burn.

pretty sure that the road wore a hole through the gas tank, and then sparked it while it was still sliding...

sucks either way.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:49 PM

You may or may not beable to learn from my near fire experience..

One day at the spot.. i looped a 12. and fuckn hurt myself pretty damn good.. i was even more pissed that my bike wodulnt start. and she ******* always starts.. so i was fuckn with her.. i had all my electrical **** on the side of my bike wrapped in electrical tape.. well my bike spashed the cords against the crash cage.. ripped em to shreds.. my buddy spent a hour while i was taping ice bags to my sholder.. i jus wanted to fuckn ride.

Long story short. bike still woudlnt fuckn start.. my other buddy hopped on.. i was pissed.. he pressed the start button.. i kicked my subframe. I saw a spark. I was like WTF was that? Well it was my stator touching my steel welded subframe.. well from beating the tank it.. the top of it leaks.. there was gas everywhere... that spark didnt ignite that ******..but it could of been a damn instant booom !!

Now my stator is ziptied down and everything around it is taped up so theres no ****** way it can touch steel
Old 12-18-2007, 04:25 PM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

All you really need is some sparks comin off the crash cage and a little bit of leaky fuel and there ya go.

I'm alright though, I've got fire insurance on this bad boy. Collision too, as far as they know it's a minty bike. You think I should cash in?
Old 12-18-2007, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Kliewer
All you really need is some sparks comin off the crash cage and a little bit of leaky fuel and there ya go.

I'm alright though, I've got fire insurance on this bad boy. Collision too, as far as they know it's a minty bike. You think I should cash in?
True. I hate sparks !!

whats funny about you situation is one day when you decide to get a new bike if u want to.. you could be like.. i jus walked out of the store and some ******* flipped my bike on every side possible and ran off
Old 12-18-2007, 04:43 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ecthemc
You may or may not beable to learn from my near fire experience..

One day at the spot.. i looped a 12. and fuckn hurt myself pretty damn good.. i was even more pissed that my bike wodulnt start. and she ******* always starts.. so i was fuckn with her.. i had all my electrical **** on the side of my bike wrapped in electrical tape.. well my bike spashed the cords against the crash cage.. ripped em to shreds.. my buddy spent a hour while i was taping ice bags to my sholder.. i jus wanted to fuckn ride.

Long story short. bike still woudlnt fuckn start.. my other buddy hopped on.. i was pissed.. he pressed the start button.. i kicked my subframe. I saw a spark. I was like WTF was that? Well it was my stator touching my steel welded subframe.. well from beating the tank it.. the top of it leaks.. there was gas everywhere... that spark didnt ignite that ******..but it could of been a damn instant booom !!

Now my stator is ziptied down and everything around it is taped up so theres no ****** way it can touch steel
eek. i'm about to try to make a steel sub for my bike. ur referring to the wire that leads to the stator, right? i gotta remember this **** so i can remember to tape my **** up properly.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Trachito
eek. i'm about to try to make a steel sub for my bike. ur referring to the wire that leads to the stator, right? i gotta remember this **** so i can remember to tape my **** up properly.
The stator itself sparked when it touched my steel subframe..

normally i drop mybike. all the electircal **** will be hangin out.. i throw it back in and keep riding..

DUMB THING TO DO!!! lol.. and for some reason my bike woudlnt start because the stator was touching the frame. wtf? and it started to spark..

id say wrap that ****** up in tape but.. it gets ******* hot !!.. id jus wrap up anything around it- metal, electrical. anything !!! **** it can even conduct thru plastic if there is metal on the other side.. id jus fuckn zip tie it in .. drill holes for the ties.. than anything around it.. tape up !!!
Old 12-18-2007, 04:51 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

ok this thread reminded me of an old one I read a few years back....had to go back and dig it up.

check this out

heres the thread if any of you guys want to know what happened.
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/281...bike-fire.html
Old 12-18-2007, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Beto
ok this thread reminded me of an old one I read a few years back....had to go back and dig it up.

check this out

heres the thread if any of you guys want to know what happened.
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/281...bike-fire.html

I swear thats what my gsxr looked like when i bought it. oh wait it is the gsxr i bought. LOL j/k

SUbframe melted..funny. but the fuckn front fender didnt? odd..

thats a trip but it is exactly what my bike looked like when i ruined my frame and fab'd up my own !
Old 12-18-2007, 07:13 PM

I was using a 2000 Honda F4 when it just caught on fire, ill get pics tomorrow
Old 12-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person

Wow, that's gay as aids.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:25 PM

Here are some pics of it, the front rim is nice and minty thankfully lol everything else, not so much. The pro taper bars are still usable along with the round bar, the whole right side of my bike was covered by fairings, but the fire just melted it to the engine lol. enjoy : )

Old 12-20-2007, 03:31 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Damn

I know one thing for damn sure, if my motor starts knocking, I'm taking it off the bike before I let it blow!
Old 12-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah if you don't have a class D or C type extinguisher its not going to do jack.. That sucks
Old 12-20-2007, 06:06 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

my f4i caught on fire once from the fuel pump wires getting pinched between the tank and frame.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:32 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

that f4 is extra crispy

Quick Reply: Bike Caught on fire......