Magura

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:53 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point
Magura

larger image

Magura Radial Master Cylinder

Starting at: $229.99

With a soft feel and proven radial power, this master cylinder is creating quite the following among users including Vertical Joe Dryden. Magura has really strapped on the gloves and is in the fight for the title of best handbrake master cylinder in the world. Note: Banjo bolt and resevoir is required if attaching to a handbrake kit.

Is Anyone using one of these? Are they like a 16x18 brembo?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:16 PM

Re: Magura

yo yo yo
Old 12-09-2007, 09:26 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

yes they are
Old 12-09-2007, 10:09 PM

so its a 16 mm ?
Old 12-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

wow pricey as ****
Old 12-09-2007, 10:50 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott-
so its a 16 mm ?
13 or 16 mm i believe..i think everyone is saying the hotness is the 13mm becus it is the same size bore as most rear calipers
Old 12-09-2007, 11:00 PM

steven-o is a jewel in the roughsteven-o is a jewel in the roughsteven-o is a jewel in the rough

it fancy
Old 12-09-2007, 11:14 PM

229 not bad about the same as a brembo 16x18
Old 12-09-2007, 11:26 PM

mikkee is a decent person

That's exactly what I'm running, been using it for about 6mo now, but made for the left clipon so you're not flipping it upside dn. Better power and feel than the brembo so you can be smooth on it too. I'm running the 16mm, don't see how the 13mm could be so much better or why you need more breaking power, the 16mm I got grabs stupid hard as it is.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:16 AM

sick man i think im going to get it just have to call hai and make sure its a 16mm Mikkee u guys roll to the spot this weekend
Old 12-10-2007, 12:21 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Just got that 13mm but havent tried it yet, but in theory it should be the perfect setup. As the stock rear master cylinders bore on my 636 is also
13mm....

I'll tell you one thing for sure, it looks like some serious **** and is quality!....
Name:  IMG_0113.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  78.9 KB
Old 12-10-2007, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Scott-
sick man i think im going to get it just have to call hai and make sure its a 16mm Mikkee u guys roll to the spot this weekend
I'm sure you can't go wrong with the 13mm too I guess. Just get the one for the left clipon.. Not sure if the 13mm is avail for the left or not. The convenience of bleeding correctly, not having to turn it right side up to do it.. setting it up perfectly with your clutch lever without having the banjo bolt in the way... which limits you on how you can setup the clutch HB is worth getting the master for the clipon it suppose to be on.

Naw we didn't drive up there this weekend stayed local.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Just got that 13mm but havent tried it yet, but in theory it should be the perfect setup. As the stock rear master cylinders bore on my 636 is also
13mm....

I'll tell you one thing for sure, it looks like some serious **** and is quality!....
**** looks pimp Johnny
Old 12-10-2007, 12:46 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

13mm....

let us know how it works I'm thinking about getting a new one.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by mikkee
I'm sure you can't go wrong with the 13mm too I guess. Just get the one for the left clipon.. Not sure if the 13mm is avail for the left or not. The convenience of bleeding correctly, not having to turn it right side up to do it.. setting it up perfectly with your clutch lever without having the banjo bolt in the way... which limits you on how you can setup the clutch HB is worth getting the master for the clipon it suppose to be on.

Naw we didn't drive up there this weekend stayed local.
They do make the 13mm in a left hand, but from what Ive found no US disttributors bring it in....So unless you buy it from Europe it might be hard to find....

About the fitment issue, the banjo never really got in the way for me...Ive already tried mounting this one both ways (clutch inside or out) and it doesnt get in the way without the huge clutch adjuster on the MSR....If its a right hand and you flip it the banjo is on top, if its a left hand the res adaptor is on top......So its almost the same ****, if you mount your clucth on the inside like I do the left hand actually fits worse because the res fitting really get in the way.... And once its bleed properly I dont notice a differnce if its flipped or not, at least not with the Brembo 16x18....
Old 12-10-2007, 01:16 AM

They do make the 13mm in a left hand, but from what Ive found no US disttributors bring it in....So unless you buy it from Europe it might be hard to find....

About the fitment issue, the banjo never really got in the way for me...Ive already tried mounting this one both ways (clutch inside or out) and it doesnt get in the way without the huge clutch adjuster on the MSR....If its a right hand and you flip it the banjo is on top, if its a left hand the res adaptor is on top......So its almost the same ****, if you mount your clucth on the inside like I do the left hand actually fits worse because the res fitting really get in the way.... And once its bleed properly I dont notice a differnce if its flipped or not, at least not with the Brembo 16x18....
Yeah I bought mine directly from magura and spent the big bucks, I love credit cards..lol Well whatever to each their own, you all do whatchya want I don't care, your bike and you're money not mine.. lol Here's my set up w/ the master for the left side.

Name:  HPIM0085.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  58.4 KB
Old 12-10-2007, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Darius
let us know how it works I'm thinking about getting a new one.
Will do.......

I wanted to get a pimp billet master for my stunt bike and retire the Brembo 16x18 to the street bike...While I was looking at the PVM and Magura just to break away from the Brembos, I had myself convinced they are made by the same company. And after seeing this pic I think Im right, they not only look identical the levers fit....

Its weird thou I cant find a PVM in 13mm and the Maguras dont have adjustable pivots like the PVM.....Darius do you **** with the pivot adjustment on your PVM, is it that nocticible when you change that?

Last edited by JohnnyP; 12-10-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by mikkee
Yeah I bought mine directly from magura and spent the big bucks, I love credit cards..lol Well whatever to each their own, you all do whatchya want I don't care, your bike and you're money not mine.. lol Here's my set up w/ the master for the left side.

Dont get me wrong I would have got the 13mm in a left hand if I could have found it, but Im going to mount mine exactly like yours. And nothing get in the way, the banjo bolt is exacly where your bleeder is... How much was "big bucks"?

Question....Your lever is the full length lever right? Is it too long, like do you think your going to have to cut the end off? Just wondering if I should order a shorty lever or not
Old 12-10-2007, 01:36 AM

Dont get me wrong I would have got the 13mm in a left hand if I could have found it, but Im going to mount mine exactly like yours. And nothing get in the way, the banjo bolt is exacly where your bleeder is... How much was "big bucks"?

Question....Your lever is the full length lever right? Is it too long, like do you think your going to have to cut the end off? Just wondering if I should order a shorty lever or not
What's the price there going for, about $279 from us distributors?? Directly from magura a few hundred more.. lol At that time I didn't kno I could get it anywhere else.

Yeah it's full length, not too long as long as it's mounted all the way up like mine. Shorty lever isn't necessary.. though whether you grab it on the inside part of the lever or on the very end, or anywhere you grab it for that matter it's consistent and pulls the bike down the same which is real nice.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:17 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

I have both the 16 magura clutch master and a billet brembo clutch 16/18.... and on either one I would never touch the lever length.

To get the full benifits of the 16/18 leverage I keep my setups so i'm grabbin the very end of the lever w/ the clutch on the outside cut real short.

It's the only way to go and I would never run a cut short lever again.

Quick Reply: Magura