Magura

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:06 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: Magura

[QUOTE=Towlieee;3065076][QUOTE=JohnnyP;3064734]
Originally Posted by Towlieee

I currently run a Suzuki Tl1000 master with a junction line, it takes 3 fingers and all my might to lock it up, and I've bleed it over and over

I got the master cheap so I snagged it up.. I think it has way less power then my 14mm shindy I used to run

Is the 2001 R1 master a good one? Thats the one I'm gonna be getting..
nope, I wouldn't get that one.Try to find a radial master.New gixxer masters, 05 & up Kawi's,04' & up R-1's if your looking for something cheap.
The bad thing about non-radial mc's is you can't position your clutch/handbrake the way you'd want it
Old 12-14-2007, 10:13 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=SKETCHY146;3065078][QUOTE=Towlieee;3065076]
Originally Posted by JohnnyP

nope, I wouldn't get that one.Try to find a radial master.New gixxer masters, 05 & up Kawi's,04' & up R-1's if your looking for something cheap.
The bad thing about non-radial mc's is you can't position your clutch/handbrake the way you'd want it
I never had any problems getting my levers close wtih my hb towards the center of the bike

Actually with my suzuki TL1000 setup, I had the levers so closed they touched, then I moved them apart a lot so I could hang on better lol

I already bought the r1 master, will it have decent power? Got a really good deal on it, so I snagged it up..
Old 12-14-2007, 10:18 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

[QUOTE=Towlieee;3065085][QUOTE=SKETCHY146;3065078]

I never had any problems getting my levers close wtih my hb towards the center of the bike

Actually with my suzuki TL1000 setup, I had the levers so closed they touched, then I moved them apart a lot so I could hang on better lol

I already bought the r1 master, will it have decent power? Got a really good deal on it, so I snagged it up..
Whats a good deal? That R1 master is very close to the 03/04 636 masters, and I have like 3 of those lying around my shop...Id let those go for $20 because no one wants them.....Everyone wants radials....
Old 12-14-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by kj
If you really want more power go for the HOHEY 4 piston setup.... along w/ that 13 it's probably the most powerful combo you could get.
I think that the reason the Hoyhey 4 piston works so well with the masters everyone is using is because it has 4 pistons, and the masters people are using are desgined to be used with 4+ piston calipers..So bigger bore masters work really good with that front caliper.....

I actually think a 13mm would be too small to feed a 4piston caliper...... For that 4 pot caliper the smallest Id go is 16....

Last edited by JohnnyP; 12-14-2007 at 10:29 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:34 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=JohnnyP;3065090][QUOTE=Towlieee;3065085]
Originally Posted by SKETCHY146

Whats a good deal? That R1 master is very close to the 03/04 636 masters, and I have like 3 of those lying around my shop...Id let those go for $20 because no one wants them.....Everyone wants radials....
I paid a little more then $20, but I already ordered it

I definitley want a radial eventually, just cheap right now

Speaking of 04-03 636 masters, how are they for non radial? My friend was thinkin about poping one off his 636 to throw on his stunt f4i... Would it be DECENT? Or is radial the only way to go?

If its decent on stopping power, im sure my friend would wanna pick up one of your 636 masters so he doesn't have to yank his off his minty 636
Old 12-14-2007, 10:43 PM

[QUOTE=Towlieee;3065106][QUOTE=JohnnyP;3065090]

Speaking of 04-03 636 masters, how are they for non radial? My friend was thinkin about poping one off his 636 to throw on his stunt f4i... Would it be DECENT? Or is radial the only way to go?

If its decent on stopping power, im sure my friend would wanna pick up one of your 636 masters so he doesn't have to yank his off his minty 636
Thats a tough question and Im probably not a good person to ask, I say that because Im used to radials and especially Brembos. Ive had a Brembo for front brakes on my bikes since time, if I got a new bike Id replace the front master for the Brembo from my old bike...The Brembo 19x20 on my stunt bike had been on 3 differnt bikes already. So to me anything non radial just doesnt feel right...I just got 2 more 03/04 636's and the stock master was the first thing to go, one was replaced with an 05+ GSXR radial and other with a Brembo 19x20....

I think John Legion runs that 636 master and says its great, I never liked it. And think about it how good can it be if I got 3 of them and only want $20 for it with lever and res...

Radials are gettin alot cheaper these days, and IMO Id rather see you save some loot and spend say $60-80 on a OEM radial like SKETCHY reccomended....Rather then spend $25 on a non radial...Dont get me wrong thou they all work and are better then no HB, you just get alot more with a radial style.. Better feel, better power, and a better fit on your bars with your clutch...
Old 12-15-2007, 12:24 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

[quote=Towlieee;3065106][quote=JohnnyP;3065090]

Hey man what's up... didn't put you together with this username and the kid squashin that fiddy other day(or month) up at 210 lot. I was on the KTM....

You should be able to find a radial master off a newer gixxer on ebay for prolly around 30 bucks before shipping. I got lucky and snagged Grant's old one off his 05 gix.
You got ur fitting yet for the line to hook up to your master? Didn't think you were going to go hohey dual caliper set up, since you said cheap, but I may be able to help you there also.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:43 AM

[QUOTE=jstuntlocke;3065308][quote=Towlieee;3065106]

Hey man what's up... didn't put you together with this username and the kid squashin that fiddy other day(or month) up at 210 lot. I was on the KTM....

You should be able to find a radial master off a newer gixxer on ebay for prolly around 30 bucks before shipping. I got lucky and snagged Grant's old one off his 05 gix.
You got ur fitting yet for the line to hook up to your master? Didn't think you were going to go hohey dual caliper set up, since you said cheap, but I may be able to help you there also.
Oh hey whats up man, ya I've been tryin to find guys that I rode with on the net, so I can holler at you all when I come ride again!

I already have a adapater and 60" line for it, but I think I might sell it to a friend and get a dual caliper setup

I did want cheap setup, but that was while I was tryin to afford gearing and a round bar also Now I THINK I'm getting both for christmas, so I'm ready to spend big bucks on a dual caliper setup

I'm gonna run the junction valve for NOW.. But as soon as I can, I wanna step up to a ho-hey street fighters edition dual caliper setup..

If I land this job making $500+ a week I should be good to get any good parts I want haha

Hopfully after december I'l be able to come down and ride with you all again.. I gotta bring my f4i down and ried with guys that know what they are doign.. The guys in my town are killing me

edit: sorry about the shitty spelling and rambling.. Few shots in me and im on the shittiest laggiest computer ever at a friends, not taking the damn time to fix my spelling errors!

Last edited by Towlieee; 12-15-2007 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:02 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

OH....lucky bastard! I never get motorcycle parts for christmas or b-day!

Yea, I was wanting a hohey also and he didn't make them for my bike until the same day that I welded up a junction out of the piece I cut off that holds the threads of a old master( hope that made sense) and then the he emailed me saying that he just got them finished for the 06 gix-a six's!

Sucks that I already welded a piece to my master at the rearset, but was cheap as hell, like I got the line for free from Oz Cycle and paid a dude a $20 to weld it and Grant helped with the rest. that is a ghetto HB for $20. Can't beat that.

Might as well get the brembo master then too pimp. Got a myspace, or email then. Shoot me a link to your page, or email addy and we'll keep in touch. jstuntlocke@yahoo.com
I'm out, I'm best man at a wedding tomorrow, and I just got home from the rehersal dinner. I hear ya on a buzz.... my comp is fast as hell, it's me that is slow! LOL
sorry about the temporary thread jack fellas.....
Old 12-15-2007, 05:17 AM
Team Johnnie Do

Johnnie Do is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that the reason the Hoyhey 4 piston works so well with the masters everyone is using is because it has 4 pistons, and the masters people are using are desgined to be used with 4+ piston calipers..So bigger bore masters work really good with that front caliper.....

I actually think a 13mm would be too small to feed a 4piston caliper...... For that 4 pot caliper the smallest Id go is 16....
+1
The Brembo 16x18 is actually designed for supermoto frontbrake, which mostly uses a 4 or 6 piston caliper.
So actualy the 16mm is to big for the 1 piston rear caliper.

In theory the 13mm should be better.

Did anyone ever tried a 1000rr clutch master for a handbrake? I think those things are 13mm too.
But i'm not sure if you can run them with brake fluid, some clutchmasters can only use mineral fluid.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:22 AM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

++++++++++++++++++MAGURA RECAL----------------------------------

http://motorrad.magura.com/7thsenseC....php?id=34&L=1
bumpity bump....

check this too if u have one of them 190s.....
http://motorrad.magura.com/7thsenseC...no_cache=1&L=1
Old 12-15-2007, 05:25 AM
u been huffin?

Originally Posted by Johnnie Do
+1
The Brembo 16x18 is actually designed for supermoto frontbrake, which mostly uses a 4 or 6 piston caliper.

Did anyone ever tried a 1000rr clutch master for a handbrake? I think those things are 13mm too.
But i'm not sure if you can run them with brake fluid, some clutchmasters can only use mineral fluid.
1krr uses brake fluid....check that recall tho.....
Old 12-15-2007, 09:34 AM

+1

The 16x18 has been around since before supermoto was even supermoto, it was actually originally designed for 125GP bikes. Those have one front caliper too, then when supermoto came around people starting using the 16x18 on those...

You are right thou its supposed to be used for single front caliper setups, with at least 4 or more pistons...Its funny too because I bet that was Brembos least popular size master a few years ago, now with supermoto and stunting around its probably thier best seller. I wonder if Brembo actually knows about us a market? The must have noticed the sudden increase in
16x18 sales....
Old 12-15-2007, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by f4ibry
1krr uses brake fluid....check that recall tho.....
From what Ive read the recalled masters have pretty much all been taken care of so far, anyone buying a new one has nothing to worry about unless its really old stock. I just got mine a week ago and its not one of the recalled ones, the recalls have a A or B on the bottom and mine had neither......
Old 12-16-2007, 04:24 PM
u been huffin?

so wuts the deal johnny im torn between the brmbo n 13mm magura...u ride that **** yet or wut
Old 12-16-2007, 06:55 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

so wuts the deal johnny im torn between the brmbo n 13mm magura...u ride that **** yet or wut
dude lives in Canada.... i dont think he's gonna be tryin that thing out for quite a while
Old 12-16-2007, 07:51 PM

+1

What setup do you run?

Because you kill it, so you must know whats up :YEAH
Old 12-17-2007, 03:49 AM
Team Johnnie Do

Johnnie Do is an unknown quantity at this point

What setup do you run?

Because you kill it, so you must know whats up :YEAH
Thanks man, im running a billet Brembo 16x18 clutch master now, i like it a lot but in some situations i would like to have a little more brake power, f.e. with ss and hc scrapes.

Old 01-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

what a great thread. awesome.

heres my input for whoever was asking about the non radial 03-04 636 master. i use it and i need more power every once in awhile. like for circle combos on idle... definetly need more power. you can still do them if you're super smooth, but if you come back a smidgen too far your *** is stalling, unless you give it clutch work. im still on stock gears too so that could be some of it, but acutally now that i think of it, if i had big gears idle would pull harder and the brake have near the power t needed.

so... basically this is how it breaks down.

single piston rear caliper... 13mm master s gonna give you the most power. 16 a little less touchy but still good power.

dual piston rear caliper (HHD streetfighters bracket) using a 16x18 is optimum because they are designed for dual piston single caliper brake setups.

dual piston dual caliper setups.. use 19x18. i.e. front brakes.

i can get a Magura 195 cast 12mm master for $125 brand new right now.

has anyone used one? in theory shouldnt it be REALLY close to the 13mm?
Old 01-29-2008, 06:59 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

++++++++++++++++++MAGURA RECAL----------------------------------

http://motorrad.magura.com/7thsenseC....php?id=34&L=1
bumpity bump....

check this too if u have one of them 190s.....
http://motorrad.magura.com/7thsenseC...no_cache=1&L=1
hey SKETCHY does my 190 13mm have a recall problem??? lol seriously

Quick Reply: Magura