Magura

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:22 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: Magura

I know what your saying about leverage but I run stock clip-ons and it looks like with the regular length lever, even thou its pushed all the way up on the bar...It still looks like it might hang over the end of the bar, and there is no use in having that over hang. And with that over hang I'll just ruin the lever and possibly the master if it hits down hard....Might just be perfect
Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 AM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I know what your saying about leverage but I run stock clip-ons and it looks like with the regular length lever, even thou its pushed all the way up on the bar...It still looks like it might hang over the end of the bar, and there is no use in having that over hang. And with that over hang I'll just ruin the lever and possibly the master if it hits down hard....Might just be perfect
Mine are stock clipons too. Turned out and flipped. Doesn't come close to hitting. I don't even hit my bar end cuz my cage is designed right to where it doesn't roll up on to my clipons or levers.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:15 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got that 13mm but havent tried it yet, but in theory it should be the perfect setup. As the stock rear master cylinders bore on my 636 is also
13mm....

I'll tell you one thing for sure, it looks like some serious **** and is quality!....
put it on and tell us how it works dude do it now lol.......
Old 12-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Team Johnnie Do

Johnnie Do is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kj
I have both the 16 magura clutch master and a billet brembo clutch 16/18.... and on either one I would never touch the lever length.
So can you feel a difference between those two?
Old 12-11-2007, 12:59 PM

ALSTAR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Johnnie Do
yer im also intrested....?
Old 12-11-2007, 01:06 PM

brockmenold82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just wanna know what the diff is between a 16 and a 13 in "power" hypathetical situation...you have a 16 and a 13 in the same environment...does the 13 single finger lock up where the 16 would just slow u down???
Old 12-11-2007, 01:11 PM

STICKYstunts is a decent person

13mm is the ****. A lot of feel and plenty of braking power. Im getting a new one here soon.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:00 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Scott-

larger image

Magura Radial Master Cylinder

Starting at: $229.99

With a soft feel and proven radial power, this master cylinder is creating quite the following among users including Vertical Joe Dryden. Magura has really strapped on the gloves and is in the fight for the title of best handbrake master cylinder in the world. Note: Banjo bolt and resevoir is required if attaching to a handbrake kit.

Is Anyone using one of these? Are they like a 16x18 brembo?
thats the wrong price.thats a 190 magura starting at $422

The one I got for Johnny P is a 13mm 190 radial. Retails @ $422.95. I hooked him up alot better than that price. I have 1 Magura 195 13mm radial for $205 shipped and 1 Brembo 16x18 w/folding lever and mini reservoir $210.00 shipped
Here are some pics of the 13mm 195 radial with brakelight switch

Last edited by -SKETCHY-; 12-11-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:29 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes.... there's a small difference.

I like the shape of the end of the lever on the brembo much better. That's probably only cause it's on the bike that I ride the most. Other than that... not much of a difference.

Same power. The magura may feel slightly "tighter" than the brembo... but that might also be because I use the brembo more.

If I was gonna buy another... I'd go for the billet brembo clutch master 16/18. I have no need for any more power than that.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:38 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person

scott... no matter what.. yer wheelies will ALWAYS be garbage!
hahaha
jus kidn man get that **** so i can see the diffrence bettween that an my brembo!
hahaa

it is quite shiny.... itll match yer tail section nicely!
hahahaha "6061 t6 aluminum" :YEAH
Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brockmenold82
I just wanna know what the diff is between a 16 and a 13 in "power" hypathetical situation...you have a 16 and a 13 in the same environment...does the 13 single finger lock up where the 16 would just slow u down???
Hypothetical situation.....

A smaller piston size will produce more pressure than a larger bore but at the expense of an increased amount of lever travel required to acheive that same pressure as the larger....

Translation: sounds like a 13 would probably yield an easier lock up along w/ a better feel/modulation. BUT, the 16 already has a good bit of lever travel during normal on/off situations such as off the pegs circles.... so i couldn't imagine the need for either more power, OR feel than what the 16/18 gives you.

I'd think that you'd bottom out the lever on a 13 (as i do sometimes w/ the 16) b4 you get lock up.... unless you have really long fingers and have the lever adjusted way out. (i like it very close to the bar, and use the very tip of the lever).

And to answer your question... the 16 single finger locks up all day long unless you go and chop the lever short.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:48 AM
It's cold out here

csiamanis is an unknown quantity at this point

What does everyone think of the 12mm? Too small?
Old 12-14-2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Scott-
put it on and tell us how it works dude do it now lol.......
Ok guys I got it mounted and bleed it, but its snowing like mad here so I havent been able to ride it yet...Heres my review about how it feels just from playing with it on the stand, and letting bike pull on idle and holding it back with the HB...

Ok so Im used to the Brembo 16x18 and anyone that has one of those should remember how mushy it felt when you first got it. Well after playing with the 13 then going back and playing with the 16, the 16 fells rock hard now..LOL
The 13mm feels like the 16 did when I first got it and the 16 feels like my old GSXR radial now, no feel and more off/on...I had a friend come over as I was finishing the bleed and told him to try it and give me his thoughts, he played with it for a few seconds and said "wow thats mushy" then I told him to go play with his bike with the 16x18 Brembo hes also used to. And then he said "WTF this feels hard now" so we both have the same opinion on how it feels compared to the 16x18......And now he wants one bad too!

The 13 has alot of feel and crazy power! There is alot of travel and it can be pulled almost all the way to the bar, but it locks up when pulled in just a **** hair the rest is all modulation...I suspect this will very easy to lock up with alot more control over exactly how much braking power you want....

I'll be back when I get a day or 2 or +temps and I can give it a real test run, for now I think I like it! I think it might be one of those things where some people will like it better and others wont......
Old 12-14-2007, 09:57 AM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

I gots 2 brembos for ya!
1st $100 shipped 2nd $75 shipped
Old 12-14-2007, 10:02 AM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point

The Magura 16mm in my opinion is the best handbrake master cylinder available.

-Aaron

Also the 190 and the 195 are the same internals just different housings (Billet, Cast).
Old 12-14-2007, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron Colton
The Magura 16mm in my opinion is the best handbrake master cylinder available.

-Aaron

Also the 190 and the 195 are the same internals just different housings (Billet, Cast).
Have you tried a 13mm though? Unless youve tried one how would you know the 16 is better then the 13.....
Old 12-14-2007, 10:22 AM

Have you tried a 13mm though? Unless youve tried one how would you know the 16 is better then the 13.....
I have tried the 13mm on T-Necks bike and on a bike in Hungary and I felt that it was probably the most effective handbrake master cylinder that I have ever used but for my style or riding it did not work out as well as the 16mm. I tend to hold on to the bike a slight bit with my handbrake finger and with the 13mm it would cause the brake to drag somewhat severely so that is why the 16mm works out much better for me that the 13mm. Then again it all comes down to a persons riding style.

-Aaron
Old 12-14-2007, 10:24 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

What bore size is the GSX-R master's that everyone has been droppin lately for the Brembo's?

Also, why is it desireable to have the piston bore and the caliper bore size both the same like you guys are talkin about with the 13's??

Thanks.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:25 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Ok guys I got it mounted and bleed it, but its snowing like mad here so I havent been able to ride it yet...Heres my review about how it feels just from playing with it on the stand, and letting bike pull on idle and holding it back with the HB...

Ok so Im used to the Brembo 16x18 and anyone that has one of those should remember how mushy it felt when you first got it. Well after playing with the 13 then going back and playing with the 16, the 16 fells rock hard now..LOL
The 13mm feels like the 16 did when I first got it and the 16 feels like my old GSXR radial now, no feel and more off/on...I had a friend come over as I was finishing the bleed and told him to try it and give me his thoughts, he played with it for a few seconds and said "wow thats mushy" then I told him to go play with his bike with the 16x18 Brembo hes also used to. And then he said "WTF this feels hard now" so we both have the same opinion on how it feels compared to the 16x18......And now he wants one bad too!

The 13 has alot of feel and crazy power! There is alot of travel and it can be pulled almost all the way to the bar, but it locks up when pulled in just a **** hair the rest is all modulation...I suspect this will very easy to lock up with alot more control over exactly how much braking power you want....

I'll be back when I get a day or 2 or +temps and I can give it a real test run, for now I think I like it! I think it might be one of those things where some people will like it better and others wont......
glad you happy with it man Now get Derrick from ATL Freestyle his fairing stay
Old 12-14-2007, 10:33 AM

There is actually a huge difference. The 16x18 has a squishy progressive feal giving it tons of power but making the bike react somewhat unstable to the input given by the hand.

On the other hand the Magura 16mm is a perfect balance between the power exerted at the hand and the stopping power that it provides to the rear caliper.

I have been running the Magura since Starboyz 1 and have sworn by it ever since.

-Aaron
-

Quick Reply: Magura