how many people have had there stunt bikes since new?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:09 PM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: how many people have had there stunt bikes since new?

<- picked up a 4000 mile 2000 ninja for $1200, tossed a battery on it, made a cage and 12 bar, and reworked the carbs.. voila instant stuntbike. i love dropping it and not cringing.

i've had a buncha other **** too, but my 600RR is the street peice and i like it stayin clean. :YEAH
Old 12-07-2007, 02:19 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you ever stunted a BRAND NEW bike?

go do it and you'll know why people prefer it over a clapped out pile of crap.

I've stunted a brand new 06 gsxr 600 and a 07 600rr. felt soooooooooo much better than any other bike ive stunted.... and ive stunted out about 6 now. BRAND NEW is the way to go! :YEAH
Old 12-07-2007, 02:45 PM

busta_yo_arse is a decent person

im riding a $6k stuntbike!:YEAH
Old 12-07-2007, 04:20 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

My first stunt bike was a brand new 06 GSXR 600. I thought just like a few others - since I'm stuntin it I wanted to know it was new and reliable and wasnt beat on by anyone else. For me, it was stupid to buy a new bike since I'm just learning. I could see if you're nice already and dont drop your bike as much as someone learning then maybe it makes sense but if you're a newbie I would go with something used. Thats what I did after selling my GSXR. I picked up a 05 F4i (which is still newer than what most people rock) and hooked it up the way I need it. Still turning out to be an expensive project but if you cant deal with **** being expensive then you shouldnt get into stunting.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:54 PM

c_jake9 is a decent person

I have my R1 for street and an F4 that I paid only $2000 for stunting. As soon as I get some skills I'll get a better F4i. My F4 feels like garbage to do do rolling endos but anything on the back wheel seems good. I agree, it is too expensive to stunt a new bike but those that do are the truely dedicated or rich. This is more just a past time for me.

Last edited by c_jake9; 12-07-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:23 PM

Eric Whitcomb is an unknown quantity at this point

My first stunt bike was a GSXR1000 I bought brand new just to ride the streets, but I ended up stunting it out and trashing it. Then I went with a 2000dollar F4I and hated it, it had to many problems and didn't feel good to ride at all.

I ride an 06 636 now that I bought brand new just to stunt (scrapped the rear fender off when the bike only had a mile on it in the dealership parking lot:YEAH ) and I love it. The bike is tight and goes where I tell it to.

I think that when you are learning,by all means, buy a beater, but if you already know what you're doing and want to make it somewhere in the stunt industry(like in magazines), you really need to look the part, and a new bike that looks awesome has definitely helped me.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:46 PM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

my first bike was my 636. I bought it wrecked for $2800. Someone wrecked it and took out all the fairings and the rad but other than that.. bike was mint. Just slap some stunt parts on there and go. She's a trusty steed. Clean title and all.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Raf
I make wheelies

Raf is a decent person

In my opinion, the best thing to do would be buy a slightly wrecked/layed down bike. Something late model and not too used. That way you save a lot of cash and still have a tight fresh bike.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:52 AM

steelhead1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Still turning out to be an expensive project but if you cant deal with **** being expensive then you shouldnt get into stunting.

+10000 yeah, come to think of it, even though i made my bike outta wrecks, i still gotta fuckload of money into it with cages and bb bars, ez pull, rhb, etc. etc. etc.!!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:41 AM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cin-O-Nasty
how much that 06 cost you?
4k wrecked (subframe and pipe crushed) salvage title but besides the tail it was mint w/2300 miles. I put about $1500 in parts on it with a couple hours of work and now for $5500 I gotta crispy 06 that runs like a champ. In SC i can still roll the salvage title on the street.