F4i problem at idle

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 03:29 PM

FreezeSBFreaks is a decent person
F4i problem at idle

Ok so I have stuntin my 02 F4i for a few months now with no problems. Recently, the bike bogs when trying to gas out of low rpm's. For example: When I'm rockin an idle wheelie, and I dip to far low and need just a little bit of throttle to bring me back up, it's not there.

At the higher rpm's bike seems to run fine. My buddy Mikey said he had the same problem and it turned out to be a backpressure issue with his exhaust because it was hollowed out. My pipe is currently a stock pipe cut down, but I don't know if it's been hollowed out completely.
I have a new stock f4i pipe I am about to throw on to see if this fixes the problem but I wanted to see if anyone has had this problem and it turned out to be an exhaust issue??? I HOPE SO
Old 12-06-2007, 03:51 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: F4i problem at idle

stock pipes alway have more back pressure and that is good for low end torque so if you need it shortened cut the mid pipe and leave the can stock......

and some times if you turn your stock idle cable up a little it helps also..

turn your second idle cable all the way down and set the stock idle cable at about 1100 rpms then put the second one where you like and then fine tune the stock one till you get the best low end power
Old 12-06-2007, 03:56 PM

But this could def. be the reason I am having the bogging issue?
Old 12-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

god. i didnt even know it had 2 idle cables.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:00 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Vetter
it doesn't come with two but the stock doesn't open the butterflies so most people add a second one in the middle of the throttle bodies where the idle stop screw goes.......

i know you knew this vetter but i figured i would post a reply for the people that didn't know
Old 12-06-2007, 04:02 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by FreezeSBFreaks
But this could def. be the reason I am having the bogging issue?
yes the stock can will help and so will adjusting your stock idle cable but the f4i doesn't have alot of power down low to begin with
Old 12-06-2007, 04:03 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

On the F4is most guys run a 2nd one
Old 12-06-2007, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
yes the stock can will help and so will adjusting your stock idle cable but the f4i doesn't have alot of power down low to begin with
Ya but it just never did this before, it;s impossible for me to learn my idle wheelies better with it running like this. It feels like ****.

I'm pretty sure there wasnt a second cable added, so I'll jus try to mess with the stock one?
Old 12-06-2007, 04:12 PM
also known as OMR

Ya but it just never did this before, it;s impossible for me to learn my idle wheelies better with it running like this. It feels like ****.

I'm pretty sure there wasnt a second cable added, so I'll jus try to mess with the stock one?
it's never gonna pull hard on idle if you use the stock one to turn it up because it doesn't open the butterflies like the throttle does so you need to get a second idle cabl and install it where your idle set screw is ..it's inbetween the two middle throttle boddies and it will turn your idle up just like you are turning your throttle ...i can't remember what year but i think people use the 98 900 rr idle cable for there second cable
Old 12-06-2007, 04:15 PM

Oh damn ok for sure I'll def. go do that asap. Thanks for the tip!

I dont get how it was running just fine earlier though.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:21 PM
also known as OMR

Oh damn ok for sure I'll def. go do that asap. Thanks for the tip!

I dont get how it was running just fine earlier though.
you wouldn't notice a difference as long as you were using the throttle it's only when your off the throttle and rolling on idle only

maybe your getting better so your feeling it more
Old 12-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

i dont mean to go against the grain.. but i honestly didnt know and havent had a problem at all. i can do like 2-3 nth 0s with stock gears and the factory idle cable.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:28 PM
also known as OMR

i dont mean to go against the grain.. but i honestly didnt know and havent had a problem at all. i can do like 2-3 nth 0s with stock gears and the factory idle cable.
put on a second cable and you'll do 10 or 15
Old 12-06-2007, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
you wouldn't notice a difference as long as you were using the throttle it's only when your off the throttle and rolling on idle only

maybe your getting better so your feeling it more
no def. not cause I am getting better. I simply CAN'T hold up idle anymore cause it will bog an drop the front end to the ground if I try to correct even a SMALL amount. Another example would be braking to a very slow roll, an then throttling out. It bogs an then the power picks up.

I never used my throttle differently before, everything is the same, the bike is just bogging out at real low rpms. I started doing circles, but with this problem forget it.