What a job...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:12 PM

cirtem is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What a job...

i practice by myself all the time if i got no one to ride with
and the instruction at the lot is never what you really want...its more like "stop being a ***** and go do it..."

personally i work at a bike shop in parts and go to University...busy but easy work and doesn't burn me out too hard usually so evenings are still game for killing it unless i have finals like now and when its not ****** -20 out and snowing...stupid canada
Old 12-05-2007, 02:21 PM

Outlawtorn50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I've been riding long enough to know that doing things is the only way to learn, but learning from guys who know more and have been through the trials and tribulations makes it that much better. As for the job...I think Teach summed it up with not working for the man.

I need to find something I can go into business for myself. It's so tough though and it could possibly back fire and I would have even less time to ride than before...

I don't ever ever ever want to get burned out with bikes. I love riding and working on them and learning about them. I just feel like I don't get enough time as it is. Unfortunately, though money isn't the most important thing in life, it's utmost necessary to survive.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:26 PM

Grip72 is a decent person

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
im a sheetmetal worker... i work 7-330 mon-fri and im makin 40k at 22yrs old... and that will go up next year
ugh i make just over 40k and it's not even close to enough
i should go get my fulld egree :P
Old 12-05-2007, 02:30 PM

numberTWO is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a maintenance supervisor. I love my job. I work 7-330 one week and 7-230 the next. I listen to music all day and call the shots. Can't get any better.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:37 PM

-Mike W.- is a decent person

Originally Posted by stock05
ride after work and on weekends and youll progress well. i got good at stuntin, but looking back, def not worth it.

-mexican mayhem
So you think all of the hassle and wrecking of stunting...even though you are improving and getting better at stuntin...is not worth it?!?

Old 12-05-2007, 03:23 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

petroleum engineer and a part time welder. i work for the fed gov't though so i get a TON of time off, but close to half the pay. i could go make 120k a year for a private company but they'll be taking up most of my time, and i want that time for my kids and riding.

Originally Posted by Grip72
ugh i make just over 40k and it's not even close to enough
i should go get my fulld egree :P
i'm in the 60's and it isnt enough. it's never enough, trust me. another reason i dont want to work more hours at a private company just to make more, cuz it still wont be enough.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:13 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

i work two jobs, one pays the bills, the other is for toys, if im not working, im riding.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:26 PM

uponit17 is a decent person

ha i work at harley davidson/ buell as a p&a part time
Old 12-05-2007, 05:59 PM

Outlawtorn50 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought I'd love working in a bike shop. It's not what it's cracked up to be. The discounts are the only decent perk. I'm in VA so all I do is look up parts and service for four wheelers that Cletus and Bubba want to take on their next hunting trip. Has anyone out there opened their own business and succeeded? Is it worth the efforts and dedication? I'm afraid of dedicating myself to something like that and fail. It will surely cut deeply into my free time as well.

Last edited by Outlawtorn50; 12-05-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:09 PM

scrapes r us is a decent person

I work 44 hours a week as an butcher and i get all the practice i want in cuz i got the sweetie spot in the back of the building of my job, just got into stunting this year so i should have no reason not to progress fast....Plus i us the security camera to tape myself.:YEAH
Old 12-05-2007, 07:17 PM

B.C. is a decent person

I go to college in the mornings (workin on the ASE Cert), than 35 - 40 hrs a week for DC shoes than i take wed and thurs nights to Silk Screen ...For Life Clothing gear. If I'm lucky i get time saturday night and sunday
Old 12-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Administrators

WHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for repWHEELIE User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by uponit17
ha i work at harley davidson/ buell as a p&a part time
+1

Ive Been Doing it for 12yrs Now... Almost to late
for a Career Change...
Old 12-05-2007, 07:47 PM

killthatoneguy is a decent person

the more money you make the more money you spend, you will almost always feel broke, but just broke with more toys
Old 12-05-2007, 07:59 PM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cirtem
"stop being a ***** and go do it..."
I can't even begin to think how many times people have told me that, or I have told other people that.

In Edmonton we mix it up every now and then with the advice of "stop being such a little bitch".

It works surprisingly well, because you can't let someone get away with calling u a ***** and not step up ur game. lol.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:15 PM

MT B RRUTHLESS is a decent person

MY JOB IS TO STUNT AND THATS IT:YEAH ..BUT ITS A LITTLE SLOW WITH THIS SNOW ON THE GROUND..,,.,.,.,.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Outlawtorn50
I thought I'd love working in a bike shop. It's not what it's cracked up to be. The discounts are the only decent perk. I'm in VA so all I do is look up parts and service for four wheelers that Cletus and Bubba want to take on their next hunting trip. Has anyone out there opened their own business and succeeded? Is it worth the efforts and dedication? I'm afraid of dedicating myself to something like that and fail. It will surely cut deeply into my free time as well.
work in sales and start writing your own check. once you get good and write new numbers you can do almost whatever you want around there becuase the big boss man will see how much money you bring in for the company.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:21 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by -Mike W.-
So you think all of the hassle and wrecking of stunting...even though you are improving and getting better at stuntin...is not worth it?!?

no, never said that. i said the debt that i racked up was not worth it, maybe if i were younger and didnt have as many responsibilities the reprocussions wouldnt have been as big a deal.

-mexican mayhem
Old 12-05-2007, 09:26 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

i like how the ppl that say money isnt everything...

those ppl tend to have some money to back up that statement.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:36 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by killthatoneguy
the more money you make the more money you spend, you will almost always feel broke, but just broke with more toys

+1 my lifestyle always adjusts to my budget.

-mexican mayhem
Old 12-05-2007, 09:47 PM

-Mike W.- is a decent person

Originally Posted by stock05
no, never said that. i said the debt that i racked up was not worth it, maybe if i were younger and didnt have as many responsibilities the reprocussions wouldnt have been as big a deal.

-mexican mayhem
ohhh...gotcha!:YEAH

Quick Reply: What a job...