Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ass....Thanks Rog!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:44 AM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about
Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ***....Thanks Rog!

Finally got the time to cut the arm and lengthen it........Wow.....what a huge difference. I fitted the bike up w/ a new ASV F1 shorty lever and I can't even describe how buttery this new setup feels. It takes such little effort, I found myself "over-clutching" the first few times getting used to it. As far as I know, OMR came up w/ the idea for the mod, if not.....I've yet to hear of someone else talk about it. I would list this mod right behind "cage" in a list of things to do while building a stunt-bike. I was shocked at the difference..........Thanks Rog!
Old 12-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

Adam134 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ***....Thanks Rog!

anyone done this on an F4?
Old 12-03-2007, 02:17 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i thought i invented it too but im told i was not the first...

routing your cable so there is a nice wide arc helps to make your clutch buttery also.. clean and lube the cable once in a while will help too

and yes it can be done on the f4i also but there isn't as much room to make the f4i as long as you can make the 636
Old 12-03-2007, 02:19 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Finally got the time to cut the arm and lengthen it........Wow.....what a huge difference. I fitted the bike up w/ a new ASV F1 shorty lever and I can't even describe how buttery this new setup feels. It takes such little effort, I found myself "over-clutching" the first few times getting used to it. As far as I know, OMR came up w/ the idea for the mod, if not.....I've yet to hear of someone else talk about it. I would list this mod right behind "cage" in a list of things to do while building a stunt-bike. I was shocked at the difference..........Thanks Rog!
Righteous can u plz post pics (clear ones) or thoroughly explain how to do it?!?!? he has tryed to but im bike ileterate, and when i have a problem with my bike i just bring it to the stealers near by and thats that!!! so i need to know wat to tell these idiots thx
Old 12-03-2007, 02:34 AM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DURTY
Righteous can u plz post pics (clear ones) or thoroughly explain how to do it?!?!? he has tryed to but im bike ileterate, and when i have a problem with my bike i just bring it to the stealers near by and thats that!!! so i need to know wat to tell these idiots thx
Hmmm......well.....you know how when you pull in your clutch lever, there's that little arm that rotates down on your engine? That's the arm we're talking about. I believe on your bike, you just have to disconnect your clutch cable from that arm and rotate that arm and shaft assembly until it disengages and slides out of the case. Then you need to cut that little arm in half, and add a little half inch piece of metal to make the arm longer, then reassemble. Hope this helps......can't get pics till later. Good luck!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:37 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i have told him how to do it a couple times but durty has the attention span of a canadian on coke.......lol
Old 12-03-2007, 02:48 AM

Hmmm......well.....you know how when you pull in your clutch lever, there's that little arm that rotates down on your engine? That's the arm we're talking about. I believe on your bike, you just have to disconnect your clutch cable from that arm and rotate that arm and shaft assembly until it disengages and slides out of the case. Then you need to cut that little arm in half, and add a little half inch piece of metal to make the arm longer, then reassemble. Hope this helps......can't get pics till later. Good luck!
thx.....illl wait for the pics tho!!!
Originally Posted by old man roger
i have told him how to do it a couple times but durty has the attention span of a canadian on coke.......lol
ur pics are as dark as ur vidz i couldnt see ****
Old 12-03-2007, 02:52 AM
also known as OMR

turn up the brightness on your monitor for the pic......

do i need to tell you how to do that too ?

Old 12-03-2007, 03:04 AM

turn up the brightness on your monitor for the pic......

do i need to tell you how to do that too ?

the brightness is full..........lol the student becomes the teacher i see, not but a few months ago i was helping u navigate through this dang site now ur tellin me!!! lol dont go getting to big now, ur still 5'5
Old 12-03-2007, 03:13 AM
also known as OMR

5'9...lol
Old 12-03-2007, 03:16 AM

5'9...lol
seriously!?!?!?! :YEAH
Old 12-03-2007, 03:18 AM

righthooks is an unknown quantity at this point

i need some pics
Old 12-03-2007, 03:21 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by righthooks
i need some pics
Old 12-03-2007, 03:22 AM
also known as OMR

this mod is so simple that you guys shouldn't need pics...
Old 12-03-2007, 03:24 AM

this mod is so simple that you guys shouldn't need pics...
were not all as gifted as YOU okayyyyyy!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 03:29 AM
also known as OMR

i just found this with google.......

it is probably to some dirt bike or some thing but it should get the point across

Old 12-03-2007, 03:31 AM
also known as OMR

just make it longer..
Old 12-03-2007, 04:01 AM

just make it longer..
thx........ getting warmer lol how do u make it longer or better yet wat do i tell the mechanic at the dealer to do?!?!?
Old 12-03-2007, 04:08 AM
also known as OMR

Old 12-03-2007, 04:10 AM
also known as OMR

just take the thing off your bike and hand it to a welder and say please make this 5/8 of an inch longer ...

Quick Reply: Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ass....Thanks Rog!