Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ass....Thanks Rog!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 06:18 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ***....Thanks Rog!

yep .
Old 12-08-2007, 01:32 PM

JT905 is a decent person

omr is this mod possible on an 04 05 gsxr i dont think i can do it with the acuator arm not being exposed...right..???
Old 12-08-2007, 01:49 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i have only looked at one real quick and at night ,my buddy had the cover with him, no bike though so i may be wrong but i don't think there is any room under the cover because it is so close to the nut that holds the sproket on ..

im sure with some time some one will come up with a way to do it
Old 12-08-2007, 01:58 PM

JT905 is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
i have only looked at one real quick and at night ,my buddy had the cover with him, no bike though so i may be wrong but i don't think there is any room under the cover because it is so close to the nut that holds the sproket on ..

im sure with some time some one will come up with a way to do it
thats what i figured thank you, looks like im throwin the msr raptor on
Old 12-08-2007, 04:06 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

you don't want your cable tight

i know i dont want the cable tight but if it doesn't disengauge at all till its almost at the bar anyways then being a little tight wouldn't make it slip i wouldn't think, i can pull it in over a half inch and it doesn nothing, doesn't start to slip at all. i haven't extended mine at all yet but i want to, i just have the msr pro raptor on now which i use with one finger and wouldn't mind it being a little easier
Old 12-08-2007, 04:10 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by 05R6on1
i know i dont want the cable tight but if it doesn't disengauge at all till its almost at the bar anyways then being a little tight wouldn't make it slip i wouldn't think, i can pull it in over a half inch and it doesn nothing, doesn't start to slip at all. i haven't extended mine at all yet but i want to, i just have the msr pro raptor on now which i use with one finger and wouldn't mind it being a little easier
if you need to pull it to the bar now then you cant make it any longer......

i wish you were close i would like to check out your bike and see whats going on
Old 12-08-2007, 04:38 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

i wish i was too cuz i'm stumped, on my 05 R6 the clutch disengauges just as you start to pull the lever in but the 636 complete opposite. i gotta try it with the stock clutch lever but i remember when i test drove the bike when i first got it this past summer i realized immediately i had to pull it in way farther than i even have on my R6 and this bike only had 6000 Miles on it when i got it
Old 12-08-2007, 06:01 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

after spending the past 5 minutes going thru these 6 pages, i read a bunch of diff max. values for the f4i.

wats the right one?

1/4"
1/2"
3/4"
3/8"
9mm
10mm

p.s. i have my clutch cable running outside the forks, outside the frame...will it be long enough?
Old 12-08-2007, 08:19 PM
also known as OMR

measure the amount of room you have when the lever is closest to the cover and thats the amount of room you have....
Old 12-08-2007, 10:26 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

measure the amount of room you have when the lever is closest to the cover and thats the amount of room you have....
10-4