Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ass....Thanks Rog!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:29 AM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person
Re: Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ***....Thanks Rog!

Originally Posted by old man roger
it's nice huh..lol

clean and lube your cable and route it so it doesn't have any sharp bends and it gest even better

i did that alone and it made a killer diffrence, im so used to my ez pull i dk if ill do this till my next bike.. i went from a ASV on my f3 to a msr on the 04 that ASV kicked my *** the first month i rode... i can remember that arm pump....
Old 12-05-2007, 01:37 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by mekrew
here is mine on 06 636

this looks really long but as long as you have enough adjustment to have play at the perch and it fully releases the clutch when you pull it in then i guess your ok but i would pull that little rubber dust cover in the pic back and make sure your cable isn't rubbing against the side of the outer cable when you pull in the clutch

if it is you either need to shorten the modded lever or file the part that holds the cable to the engine so it is at a better angle otherwise you will ruin your cable

you can file right where the lock nuts hold the cable so the nuts aim the cable and you may need to drill the opening a little so there is room for the cable to be at a different angle

Last edited by old man roger; 12-05-2007 at 01:42 AM.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:42 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Cin-O-Nasty
i did that alone and it made a killer diffrence, im so used to my ez pull i dk if ill do this till my next bike.. i went from a ASV on my f3 to a msr on the 04 that ASV kicked my *** the first month i rode... i can remember that arm pump....
yep mine makes one wide bend and it helps alot
Old 12-05-2007, 02:11 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

This whole thread/idea is soooooooooooo 1992 we euro's been doing this for ages... and i even posted up some pics of it more then a year ago...

And I know people who extended it alot more then in those pics... They just bought a longer clutch cable, and they said it still released just fine.. And believe me if I say it felt as butter

But very good you made a thread out of this idea OMR. Now everyone can get a taste of the euro hotness...

Owh BTW, i'm gonna post up a veeeery interesting topic today or tomorrow, make sure you don't miss it OMR, you gonna like it for sure :YEAH promised...
Old 12-05-2007, 02:16 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Insane J
This whole thread/idea is soooooooooooo 1992 we euro's been doing this for ages... and i even posted up some pics of it more then a year ago...

And I know people who extended it alot more then in those pics... They just bought a longer clutch cable, and they said it still released just fine.. And believe me if I say it felt as butter

But very good you made a thread out of this idea OMR. Now everyone can get a taste of the euro hotness...

Owh BTW, i'm gonna post up a veeeery interesting topic today or tomorrow, make sure you don't miss it OMR, you gonna like it for sure :YEAH promised...
i didn't start the thread..lol

and i have had mine done since the first trick bike i ever had but i did think i invented it...

but i was told pretty quick that it was an old dirt bike trick
Old 12-05-2007, 04:41 AM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

I did it to my 636 as well. It uses the full length of the cable and then some.. worked pro all season but now it's all stretched out and I can't even coaster properly anymore cuz it drags.

still love it though, a definate must do item to any bike, whether it's a stunt piece or not. Makes you wonder why they don't come from the factory like that?
Old 12-05-2007, 05:50 AM

Insane J is an unknown quantity at this point

i didn't start the thread..lol

and i have had mine done since the first trick bike i ever had but i did think i invented it...

but i was told pretty quick that it was an old dirt bike trick

oops, my bad

Still, i'm gonna make that sick *** thread that I was talking about in a couple of hours... First have to finish my work, which reminds me, to go and look at one of the clips i made for my work

Filmed/edited myselve... you'll love it
Click here, Hotness Guaranteed

Anyway, I'm going offtopic...

Just be sure to check my topic out today
Old 12-05-2007, 09:53 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Kliewer
I did it to my 636 as well. It uses the full length of the cable and then some.. worked pro all season but now it's all stretched out and I can't even coaster properly anymore cuz it drags.

still love it though, a definate must do item to any bike, whether it's a stunt piece or not. Makes you wonder why they don't come from the factory like that?
they dont come stock like that cuz it ends up causing drag
Old 12-05-2007, 11:54 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by DURTY
they dont come stock like that cuz it ends up causing drag
it doesn't cuase a drag he just needs to adjust his cable and if there is no adjustment left then he made it too long
Old 12-05-2007, 12:00 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

I dont know why 636 riders need this?!?! I have a completely stock set-up except for a moose ultimate clutch lever system... and i keep the lever well greased up... as well as lube my cable... i couldnt imagine it getting any easier to pull... i dont think i would WANT it to pull any easier.. and i would much rather have to pull my lever in less to get the clutch to totally disengage for coasters and stuff... i feel like the advantage of a little easier lever to pull is offset by the fact that you now have to pull it farther to get the same release...
Old 12-05-2007, 12:29 PM
also known as OMR

the difference in distance is very small and any easy pull system decreases the amount of pressure needed by increasing the distance needed , this mod will never break unlike all the easy pull clutch levers on the market
Old 12-05-2007, 12:55 PM

Throwitup is a decent person

Is this possible to do on a yamaha I guess im asking is there enuff room in the housing I know mechanically yamahas can be a pain in the ***
Old 12-05-2007, 12:58 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Throwitup
Is this possible to do on a yamaha I guess im asking is there enuff room in the housing I know mechanically yamahas can be a pain in the ***
pull your clutch in and out and notice where the clutch release lever has the least amount of clearance that will be the amount you can extend the length of you clutch release lever
Old 12-05-2007, 09:10 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

i have yet to do this mod but want, my only problem is i have to pull the lever in almost to the bar before it disengauges anyways, what could or is the cause of this, think the cable is just completely beat and stretched or clutch plates themselves? anyone have an idea
Old 12-06-2007, 12:36 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by 05R6on1
i have yet to do this mod but want, my only problem is i have to pull the lever in almost to the bar before it disengauges anyways, what could or is the cause of this, think the cable is just completely beat and stretched or clutch plates themselves? anyone have an idea
is your cable adjusted right ?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Stubbz is an unknown quantity at this point

yea deffinately adjusted right i always have freeplay setup just right but i still pull almost all the way to the bar before it disengauges. maybe i should overtighten it and see if it starts to come farther out. but when i pull the lever in from the moment i start pulling, the lever on the side cover starts moving, but all the way to the bar it barely moves, overall maybe half inch or less
Old 12-06-2007, 06:01 PM
also known as OMR

xtreemrr posted this on susa ,it may be a little long but the idea is what i was talking about when i said you could go up for more room

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1...yclutchar9.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9...clutch1se5.jpg

and see how his cable is rubbing thats a no no
Old 12-06-2007, 06:02 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by 05R6on1
yea deffinately adjusted right i always have freeplay setup just right but i still pull almost all the way to the bar before it disengauges. maybe i should overtighten it and see if it starts to come farther out. but when i pull the lever in from the moment i start pulling, the lever on the side cover starts moving, but all the way to the bar it barely moves, overall maybe half inch or less
you don't want your cable tight
Old 12-06-2007, 06:04 PM
also known as OMR

how much did you say you extended yours
Old 12-06-2007, 06:11 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

xtreemrr posted this on susa ,it may be a little long but the idea is what i was talking about when i said you could go up for more room

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/1...yclutchar9.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9...clutch1se5.jpg

and see how his cable is rubbing thats a no no
A thick screwdriver will fix that.

Quick Reply: Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ass....Thanks Rog!