Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ass....Thanks Rog!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:34 PM

juzslidin has a spectacular aura aboutjuzslidin has a spectacular aura about
Re: Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ***....Thanks Rog!

umm ... i did this about 2 years ago .

Originally Posted by Adam134
anyone done this on an F4?
yes , but try not to extend the rod more than 10mm or u will hate life trying to get the cover back on the bike ... trust me !!!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:37 PM

ohh and use a kinda long 1/4 '' extention to bent the bracket the cable is in so it doesnt rub on the housing .
Old 12-03-2007, 10:25 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by juzslidin
umm ... i did this about 2 years ago .

yes , but try not to extend the rod more than 10mm or u will hate life trying to get the cover back on the bike ... trust me !!!
not a problem on the kawi though there is alot more room then on the honda
Old 12-03-2007, 10:36 PM

cheater !! lol first one i did on my f4i , i extended a lil over 1/2'' and wanted to kill when i couldnt get the cover on ... and didnt have a spare .

my friends dad actualy told me about this when he came out to watch one day and saw how bad my arm pump was. told me about it and said he used to do it on his old street strip bikes in the 80's
Old 12-03-2007, 11:00 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i think if you made the honda one go up you could make it longer but you would have to mod the part that holds the cable to the engine ..

i would if i had one , because i don't think 9 or 10 mm is long enough for a nice easy pull
Old 12-03-2007, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
i think if you made the honda one go up you could make it longer but you would have to mod the part that holds the cable to the engine ..

i would if i had one , because i don't think 9 or 10 mm is long enough for a nice easy pull
cant realy go up . it hits the frame if its any longer , and the higher u go the closer the frame would be
Old 12-03-2007, 11:13 PM
also known as OMR

i would need to have one here to look at but i remember looking at one and think it could be done but im not looking at one now so im not possitive
Old 12-03-2007, 11:17 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought i invented it too but im told i was not the first...

routing your cable so there is a nice wide arc helps to make your clutch buttery also.. clean and lube the cable once in a while will help too

and yes it can be done on the f4i also but there isn't as much room to make the f4i as long as you can make the 636
ya, we've been doing this for years with dirtbikes. a company that does a lot of honda aftermarket dirtbike parts makes them. i can't think of the name though. i want to say eric gorr racing, but i know that's not right. i'll remember it here in a while. it's a must when running heavy duty clutch springs.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:18 PM

ok im pretty sure this week rommel will be down there .he usualy meets with tony when he is in town , so if u see him , look at his bike . id like to make a longer extention , but cant see how u could do it
Old 12-03-2007, 11:21 PM
back in the saddle again

about this when he came out to watch one day and saw how bad my arm pump was. told me about it and said he used to do it on his old street strip bikes in the 80's
you must have really weak arms. i'm a small guy, 5'9" and 135lbs and i rode 2 years with aftermarket springs and stock clutch perch on my 929...always clutch with 1 finger. i never have trouble. now on my f4i, still no trouble.

i guess from racing dirtbikes i'm used to it, since we fan the clutch and use the clutch so much. i'm barely using the clutch compaired to the ammount i used it racing. and i think i'm a pretty clutch heavy person, i fan the clutch with all my circles, SS, staggered, tank....i'm always using the clutch but no arm pump.

maybe you grip too tight or something on the handlebars.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:24 PM
also known as OMR

ok im pretty sure this week rommel will be down there .he usualy meets with tony when he is in town , so if u see him , look at his bike . id like to make a longer extention , but cant see how u could do it
ya i here he is doing a show down here some where, do you know where ?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:27 PM

i think its in miami , but ill know for sure in the morning . dont hold me to that lol
Old 12-03-2007, 11:32 PM
also known as OMR

i know rob vanwinkle aka vanilla ice is having a toys for tots thing or some thing like that at morrosso ,i wonder if it's for that
Old 12-03-2007, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by binder929rr
you must have really weak arms. i'm a small guy, 5'9" and 135lbs and i rode 2 years with aftermarket springs and stock clutch perch on my 929...always clutch with 1 finger. i never have trouble. now on my f4i, still no trouble.

i guess from racing dirtbikes i'm used to it, since we fan the clutch and use the clutch so much. i'm barely using the clutch compaired to the ammount i used it racing. and i think i'm a pretty clutch heavy person, i fan the clutch with all my circles, SS, staggered, tank....i'm always using the clutch but no arm pump.

maybe you grip too tight or something on the handlebars.
screw u !!! lol j/k
its no where near as bad as when i was still racing dirt bikes then quads . but having your hand cramp up in the middle of a 4th gear aproach ss coaster is no fun ..... besides im lazy! i like easy
Old 12-03-2007, 11:33 PM

i know rob vanwinkle aka vanilla ice is having a toys for tots thing or some thing like that at morrosso ,i wonder if it's for that
nah , im pretty sure its a show for gothem dream cars
Old 12-03-2007, 11:58 PM
back in the saddle again

screw u !!! lol j/k
its no where near as bad as when i was still racing dirt bikes then quads . but having your hand cramp up in the middle of a 4th gear aproach ss coaster is no fun ..... besides im lazy! i like easy
hmm...that is kinda weird that after that your hand still cramps. mine will get tired sometimes, but not often. even after a full day of long coaster practice, still nothing.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:04 AM

hmm...that is kinda weird that after that your hand still cramps. mine will get tired sometimes, but not often. even after a full day of long coaster practice, still nothing.
hasnt been too bad for a while . was mainly a problem when i was running a 929 master with the lever chopped a lil ...... so i fixed the wrong part . alot better with the brembo , it actualy works instead of pulling the brake like my life depended on it . ohh well
Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
back in the saddle again

tha'ts true....the large 19mm 929 master requires quite a bit more pressure to get the results.

i run a 14mm 900rr and it works great.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:20 PM
also known as OMR

tha'ts true....the large 19mm 929 master requires quite a bit more pressure to get the results.

i run a 14mm 900rr and it works great.
i run the 929 master for my front brakes because i actually don't like the feel of a good master when im doing stoppies ...i know i know im strange
Old 12-04-2007, 12:52 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any chance of it breaking at the weld?

Quick Reply: Clutch actuator arm extension mod kicks ass....Thanks Rog!