Brake Bleeding Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:20 AM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point
Brake Bleeding Help

Errrrr I am having one hell of a time trying to bleed this stupid brake system. Had a Gp tech adapter..then I got a Full throttle adapter...and still having troubles. I have a basic Brembo Hand brake system running to the Full throttle adapter at my stock master (which I just replaces all internals) running to a stock rear caliper (01 F4i) with new pads. I get solid fluid when bleeding the hand brake, but cannot get the foot bbrake to spit out solid fluid when I am bleeding. I dont have any leaks...I check everywhere like a million times...tried to crack open each banjo bolt from the top to the bleeder valve and still nothing....the foot brake just spit and burps and never builds pressure. Then whe I tighten all the valves thinking it might be ok....still soft brake pressure.....
Old 11-27-2007, 02:25 AM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Brake Bleeding Help

Originally Posted by NAGS SMOKES ***
stock05 told me to tell you, your problem is that you suck at life and need to punch yourself in the face, then you might get it figured out.

lol okay......thats hilarious....glad stock 05 remembers me! woo hoo....now back to the topic....bleeding brakes
Old 11-27-2007, 02:25 AM

DirtyToes is a decent person

the only thing i can think of is that you havev a leak somewhere....def. PAST your handbrake line....maybe at the adaptor?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:27 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

[T-Roy] is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zride
Errrrr I am having one hell of a time trying to bleed this stupid brake system. Had a Gp tech adapter..then I got a Full throttle adapter...and still having troubles. I have a basic Brembo Hand brake system running to the Full throttle adapter at my stock master (which I just replaces all internals) running to a stock rear caliper (01 F4i) with new pads. I get solid fluid when bleeding the hand brake, but cannot get the foot bbrake to spit out solid fluid when I am bleeding. I dont have any leaks...I check everywhere like a million times...tried to crack open each banjo bolt from the top to the bleeder valve and still nothing....the foot brake just spit and burps and never builds pressure. Then whe I tighten all the valves thinking it might be ok....still soft brake pressure.....
it pains me to help but i am gonna try you ****** ocean dwelling piece of ****.

do not touch the foot pedal. open the rear bleeder. fill ressie with fluid leaving the bleeder open pump pump pump pump. keep the ******* ressie full do not let it suck air bitch! pump pump pump pump. make sure you don't suck air refil the ressie! pump pump pump. when there is solid fluid coming out the other end shut the bleeder. do not touch the footbrake. pump pump pump, crack the bleeder. repeat until brake is solid.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:30 AM

am i missing something here?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:35 AM

it isn't hard shouldn't take more than 5 min. you need 2 ppl. i'm not sayin anymore.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:37 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by zride
i never touch the foot brake when bleeding my rear brake ,i just open the bleeder on the caliper and place my finger over it and pump away with the hand brake..

your finger lets the air and fluid out but doesn't let any air in ..

keep the res full and pump till you have to fill it at least three times since you had the system apart there will be a **** load of air in there ..

if you don't want brake fluid all over every thing just stick a clear rubber hose over the bleeder and hold the hose straight up and pump away till you can see there is no more air ,holding the hose up will do the same as holding your finger over the bleeder it will let the air and fluid out but not let the air back in...

if you do the old pump pump pump open method it gives the air time to flow back up hill but if you do it my way the air never gets a chance to go back up hill the fluid will keep the air bubbles moving and if you can have some one there to keep the res full then you won't have to stop pumping at all and that is the best way but i do it alone most of the time..
Old 11-27-2007, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by old man roger
i never touch the foot brake when bleeding my rear brake ,i just open the bleeder on the caliper and place my finger over it and pump away with the hand brake..

keep the res full and pump till you have to fill it at least three times since you had the system apart there will be a **** load of air in there ..

if you don't want brake fluid all over every thing just stick a clear rubber hose over the bleeder and hold the hose straight up and pump away till you can see there is no more air ,holding the hose up will do the same as holding your finger over the bleeder it will let the air and fluid out but not let the air back in...

if you do the old pump pump pump open method it gives the air time to flow back up hill but if you do it my way the air never gets a chance to go back up hill the fluid will keep the air bubbles moving and if you can have some one there to keep the res full then you won't have to stop pumping at all and that is the best way but i do it alone most of the time..
idgi

do u have really long arms or something?

how do you hold ur finger on the caliper nipple while pumping the handbrake?
Old 11-27-2007, 02:42 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
idgi

do u have really long arms or something?

how do you hold ur finger on the caliper nipple while pumping the handbrake?
hand brake in left hand lean over the seat and cover the bleeder with my right hand and i leave the wrench on the bleeder so i can close it to refill the res
Old 11-27-2007, 02:43 AM

that's what i said
Old 11-27-2007, 02:44 AM

forgot to mention the clear hose though, slip over the bleeder and put it in to a soda bottle and you can recycle the fluid into the ressie if you need too. may want to do that if you use the expensice dot 5 **** like i do.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:45 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by [T-Roy]
that's what i said
i type slow ,there wasn't any replies except sucks the *** when i started typing......lol

i think i stopped and watched some tv also......lol
Old 11-27-2007, 02:46 AM

just leave the boxed end of the wrench on there with the hose i guess you could do it buy yourself. YOU can't cause you have no damn clue what ur doing but i could.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:05 AM

hand brake in left hand lean over the seat and cover the bleeder with my right hand and i leave the wrench on the bleeder so i can close it to refill the res
dat works.