What do people have against handbrakes???

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 PM

numberTWO is an unknown quantity at this point
What do people have against handbrakes???

I have noticed a lot lately that people are kinda anti-handbrake. I think footbrakes are fun and all, but they are kinda limiting. Handbrakes open up like 100x the tricks over a footbrake. Lets hear some opinions.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:54 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold
Re: What do people have against handbrakes???

"people" are stupid as **** on principal, stunt related or not
Old 11-26-2007, 08:56 PM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by numberTWO
I have noticed a lot lately that people are kinda anti-handbrake. I think footbrakes are fun and all, but they are kinda limiting. Handbrakes open up like 100x the tricks over a footbrake. Lets hear some opinions.
I was waiting for this to open.
Like in the other forum I don't have anything against it. I have one!
And use it!
But i just thought it would be awesome to see people riding without them and see what kind of placing people get.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:57 PM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

Originally Posted by Derek M
"people" are stupid as **** on principal, stunt related or not
Ill agree with that. Not to mention a lot of people still rock SS, spreaders, high chairs etc without one and have no brake to cover ... stupid IMO
Old 11-26-2007, 08:58 PM

PrettyBoyStuntz is an unknown quantity at this point

i think theres a lot of hate on handbrakes because of all the new peolpe that come into the game and just have to have a handbrake. Im not talkin **** as ive only been stuntin for 2 years. But I Kknow i learned all the footbrake **** before I went to a handbrake. People know are throwing a handbrake on right off the bat and have no clue how to use footbrakes. sit down no handers, sit down coasters etc... not saying its everyone but there are a lot of handbrake stunters out there
Old 11-26-2007, 09:02 PM

Pasit is a decent person

sorry to be so dumb but im new to this, whats a handbrake?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:02 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by DrasticDan
I was waiting for this to open.
Like in the other forum I don't have anything against it. I have one!
And use it!
But i just thought it would be awesome to see people riding without them and see what kind of placing people get.
+1

I obviously also have one and love it... but i still practice footbrake a lot and a thing a lot of newbs dont know about, engine brake!!! how pathetic is it when a kid can do 10 SS circ combos, jumping all over, etc, and then is amazed and befuddled by a champion SS or HC (ie, No brake to use... well, only that tricky engine brake that no one bothers with anymore...)

I dont think its so much that people are HATING on HB... its just that a lot of newer riders think they are killing it, but really all they have is HB crap which is the easiest to learn!!!

I like Dan's idea, no HB comp!!! im sure the good/well rounded riders will still be at the top, but it would be fun to see!

im sure ill have more for this thread later...

oh and my comments are NOT directed towards anyone... just general observations ive made over the last couple years...
Old 11-26-2007, 09:06 PM

PrettyBoyStuntz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John LegionST
+1

I obviously also have one and love it... but i still practice footbrake a lot and a thing a lot of newbs dont know about, engine brake!!! how pathetic is it when a kid can do 10 SS circ combos, jumping all over, etc, and then is amazed and befuddled by a champion SS or HC (ie, No brake to use... well, only that tricky engine brake that no one bothers with anymore...)

I dont think its so much that people are HATING on HB... its just that a lot of newer riders think they are killing it, but really all they have is HB crap which is the easiest to learn!!!

I like Dan's idea, no HB comp!!! im sure the good/well rounded riders will still be at the top, but it would be fun to see!

im sure ill have more for this thread later...

oh and my comments are NOT directed towards anyone... just general observations ive made over the last couple years...
im down for a no handbrake comp anyday, would be fun as hell
Old 11-26-2007, 09:10 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

MEXICAN MAYHEM is a decent person

when i had a bike i could go without it.

-mexican mayhem
Old 11-26-2007, 09:10 PM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

ill pick buckle-up for the no handbrake comp
Old 11-26-2007, 09:16 PM

numberTWO is an unknown quantity at this point

I really really like sitdown circles...I think they are the most gangster circle out of them all. With that said, most of the other footbrake circles are not so gangster...(ie, staggered, foot in bar, foot on seat) No handed circles are also pretty bad *** too. I would love to see a no handbrake contest, just to see how people fair, but it would almost be like a comp from 03.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:20 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

well im deff one of THOSE WHO JUST DO HB STUFF...ive tried the fb and for some reason i couldnt do anything,it just felt very akward,and couldnt even do idle for more them 50ft with out hitting the gas like crazy...

but i think theres a alot of hate cause everyone has one and its GANGSTA,not to have one or og this og that....but if it wasnt for the hb the sport wouldnt be where it is today..thats for sure
Old 11-26-2007, 09:20 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

MEXICAN MAYHEM is a decent person

I really really like sitdown circles...I think they are the most gangster circle out of them all. With that said, most of the other footbrake circles are not so gangster...(ie, staggered, foot in bar, foot on seat) No handed circles are also pretty bad *** too. I would love to see a no handbrake contest, just to see how people fair, but it would almost be like a comp from 03.

i dont see anyone arguing with you or anyone else outta AZ for that matter based on the fact that you guys are straight murdering **** and the new innovative stunts you do cant be done without one .

-mexican mayhem
Old 11-26-2007, 09:32 PM

mikkee is a decent person

only thing u need a foot brake for is wheelies where you take your hands off the bars otherwise you may as well use the HB cuz u kno yr going to combo to something that needs the hb anyways.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:42 PM

6DoubleR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by havok
well im deff one of THOSE WHO JUST DO HB STUFF...ive tried the fb and for some reason i couldnt do anything,it just felt very akward,and couldnt even do idle for more them 50ft with out hitting the gas like crazy...

but i think theres a alot of hate cause everyone has one and its GANGSTA,not to have one or og this og that....but if it wasnt for the hb the sport wouldnt be where it is today..thats for sure
im the same way...i just cant push myself to use the footbrake...it helped with getting idle seat standers real quick though
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

well i felt more comfortable with a hb due to i used to race bmx and rode mt bike all the time as a kid....

i went from this,,,riding once a week doing this same stag wheelie,idle on and off for 50ft,end of winterName:  help2.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  35.4 KB

to this,,,in no time thanks to the hb.....so theres no hate here....i pick up on the hb in the first couple hours..not on lock but deff got the idea....begining of springName:  DSCN3267.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  71.3 KB
Old 11-26-2007, 09:57 PM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Best response i ever heard against the handbreak was it brought many of the fans and spectators out of the stands and made them riders including myself. thre are many new riders out there that can only use that hb engine breaking is becoming a thing of the past. i have only been riding for just over a year but i made sure i learned both the foot and hb. sit downs fib left and right looks great. you can't forget the fast and wide fib circles that i have only seen one rider pulloff. if you want to see fb circles at the best watch this
http://youtube.com/watch?v=A0hlV3XucLQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UDtfviLrzzU

Old 11-26-2007, 10:00 PM

Pasit is a decent person

does handbrake mean u have ur back brake as a hand break?? if so im asuming your front moves the the left hand, so where does your clutch lever go?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:02 PM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pasit
does handbrake mean u have ur back brake as a hand break?? if so im asuming your front moves the the left hand, so where does your clutch lever go?
no all your regular breaks still work the same if you bleed it right.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:23 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

hb's killed my mom and dad and fucked my sister...........

Quick Reply: What do people have against handbrakes???