What do people have against handbrakes???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 06:51 PM

numberTWO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What do people have against handbrakes???

Originally Posted by T-NECK
"Number Two"

lol
haha I grammar ****'d the grammar ****
Old 11-27-2007, 06:52 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by numberTWO
haha I grammar ****'d the grammar ****
Old 11-27-2007, 06:52 PM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lil Krazy
Didnt Joe Dryden Win Stuntfest 07 w/o a handbrake?
If he didn't than that was one of the most awesome coasters i have ever witnessed in my life!
Old 11-27-2007, 07:42 PM

SHOCKER A is an unknown quantity at this point

im in
Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 PM

Hobie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by numberTWO
I have noticed a lot lately that people are kinda anti-handbrake. I think footbrakes are fun and all, but they are kinda limiting. Handbrakes open up like 100x the tricks over a footbrake. Lets hear some opinions.
I would think that the anti-handbrake crowd are the guys that were riding prior to the popularity of the hand brake, also they are the anti-rear brake crowd period, right? They were riding when stunting was done at highway speed and riding a seat stander for miles made you a man and riding a highchair for miles made you a god. I would imagine that they would be the guys that found a balance point without the rear brake and only used it in emergency situations.

I lost 2nd gear on my first bike and couldn't get it up in 3rd, close, but not enough (my best friend was able to get it up in 4th with bounce/clutch/knee in the seat combo, I hated him for that) and I started trying to ride slow wheelies. I had seen pictures of "crazy" **** (12's LOL) on the net and they didn't look like they were going fast. I figured they had to be using the rear brake to control the bike. I started using the rear brake to control the bike and EVERYONE I rode with gave me **** for it, made fun of my lack of throttle control etc.

****, awhile back I picked up an 07 1Krr for my next nice street project and I just mentioned putting a stealthy handbrake on it and one of my riding buddies has been giving me **** about it for the last 6 months. He's 38 and talks about wheelies like he is a god damn surfer. He's always talking about form and style. He's been riding multi-mile standups since I met him in 99. He rolls several hundred foot long stoppies now, as he did then, and nothing changes. Awlays a stand up, always bounces it up, rolls for miles, always talks about form & style.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:47 PM
MONKEY TACTICS

PAUL H is an unknown quantity at this point

chuch norris doesnt use a handbrake , when he's about to flip he just steps down and pushes the bike forward
Old 11-28-2007, 12:47 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Zackie Chan
come on man. You know if you brake your hand brake lever your done riding cause you dont know how to use the foot brake.
that is true. I suck at the footbrake, almost as bad as you suck with the HB
Old 11-28-2007, 12:55 AM

Zackie Chan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
that is true. I suck at the footbrake, almost as bad as you suck with the HB
wow thats funny cause last time i checked i could clutch out of stuff which is a lot more than you can say. I dont need a bar to put my bike on when i come out of a circle. Step up to the big boy circle a put your butt on the tank.

ps. nice try last weekend on trying to use the clutch i had a good laugh.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:44 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iwreck
I think you're all thinking way too far in to this. Good riders are good on both brakes, switching back and forth seamlessly. I don't think one is necessarily more difficult than the other, I think it seems that way because the FB gets neglected now.
Originally Posted by f4izzy
using rear brake is using rear break... jus some of the old timers are frustrated cause new guys can do the same stuff they can do but they learned it faster wit the hand break...
The only people who hate on HB's are the "OG's" .
As far as the HB being "easier to learn", Ive seen plenty of riders who kill the FB but are mediocre with the HB
+1 on all of the above.....

Old schoolers will always hate on new innovations that enable beginners to progress rapidly... rightfully so, cause we didn't have that **** when we started!!!

Rear brake is rear brake.... no matter where you access it from... engine brake included... it's all the same when you really think about it.

Some people are better w/ foot coordination... some w/ finger.... some are amazing w/ engine braking alone.

**This is coming from an "old schooler" that learned the "right" way... engine brake, to foot brake, now to hand brake.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:08 AM
AZ's Finest!

ps. nice try last weekend on trying to use the clutch i had a good laugh.
Im sure everyone watching had a good laugh at my stall attempts, thats cool. We all loved your "180" stoppie attempts too
Old 11-28-2007, 03:25 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Im sure everyone watching had a good laugh at my stall attempts, thats cool. We all loved your "180" stoppie attempts too
I see a showdown in VEGAS! Can't wait kids, too much time off the bike, I'm super rusty, and Zack, he's on an F4, we're cheating with the 636!
Old 11-28-2007, 04:23 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fatboystuntz
+1 def agree with you on this one....i know a good amount of ppl that kill the handbrake and every combo u can think of and still cant roll 100ft endos then wonder why they cant compete with of mediocore ppl...
Originally Posted by John LegionST
..... or a stoppie (plowing the lot for 50 feet doesnt count), or burnouts, both ways comboing, or acros, or "OG" stuff... or... well you get the point...
why do you guys have to make fun of me....john i thought we were friends
Originally Posted by nags
That picture blew my mind once upon a time.
do not make me pull out some old school pics of Dirty South John
Old 11-28-2007, 09:26 AM

i dont know what game your in but putting your bike on the bar then starting it back up isn't a stall attempt sorry. nice try. and i'll have 180 stoppies in no time and you'll sill be power stopping.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:59 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by havok
well im deff one of THOSE WHO JUST DO HB STUFF...ive tried the fb and for some reason i couldnt do anything,it just felt very akward,and couldnt even do idle for more them 50ft with out hitting the gas like crazy...

but i think theres a alot of hate cause everyone has one and its GANGSTA,not to have one or og this og that....but if it wasnt for the hb the sport wouldnt be where it is today..thats for sure
this is exactly y ppl hate hbs. You don't need a hb for a power ss. Not learning the basics first screws you later
Old 11-28-2007, 11:07 AM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

i dont know what game your in but putting your bike on the bar then starting it back up isn't a stall attempt sorry. nice try. and i'll have 180 stoppies in no time and you'll sill be power stopping.
you know I hate tanus....but he's got you on stoppies
Old 11-28-2007, 11:21 AM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

if u have a hand brake, u probably still have a foot brake. so just dont reach for your hand brake and quit whining. as technology advances so do we. does anyone still buy carburated cars or bikes for that matter? the book opens up for a entire list of new tricks with a hand brake. ****.... use a fork brake and lets see who can do no handed hc circles.... does that satisfy going back to your feet!!!
Old 11-28-2007, 11:23 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by suicidl
why do you guys have to make fun of me....john i thought we were friends

ur my boy blue!!! got no hate for you ***** cause you dont think you are the best "stunter" ever cause you can murder HB!!! HAHAHAHA...
Old 11-28-2007, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
you know I hate tanus....but he's got you on stoppies

you must have not been there when we had a stoppie battle. and when i'm doing a first gear approach and he comes in the top of six i'd hope he would when.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:15 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

i smell tears!!
Old 11-28-2007, 12:27 PM
AZ's Finest!

I didnt start it back up, I pulled the clutch in when I hit bar. how are you going to do a 180 when your rear tires only 2 ft. off the ground?

you must have not been there when we had a stoppie battle.
you went 10ft past the pickup point rolled like 30-40 ft. dropped it, went forward 5 ft, then parked and pretended you rolled that far.

ps. **** talking in person at the spot is much more entertaining

Quick Reply: What do people have against handbrakes???