What do people have against handbrakes???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 02:22 PM

John LegionST is a decent person
Re: What do people have against handbrakes???

Originally Posted by fsbABE
+1 just STER YOUR GAME UP many newbs whom are killing the hb arn't able to do fib O and definately not a sit down O
..... or a stoppie (plowing the lot for 50 feet doesnt count), or burnouts, both ways comboing, or acros, or "OG" stuff... or... well you get the point...

Last edited by John LegionST; 11-27-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:33 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

IMO, learning w/out a HB is the way to go. I've learned SS, Spreaders, 50'50's, and HC's w/out one, and I've started to slow my Spreaders and Seat Standers using the engine brake. Being that I've learned on a liter-bike, throttle control is oh so important, and I think riding w/out a HB has taught me an incredible amount about my throttle control and engine braking capabilities. I'm also one of the guys that stunts for pure enjoyment, I never plan on going anywhere w/ it, except a few local shows. Anyway......I've gotten to that point that I feel I'm ready for a HB, so I'm in the process of fitting one up. I, personally, think there is a certain amount of respect one must have for their machine before puttin a HB on, especially a liter-bike. To each his own, though...........I have a friend who never learned foot brake, and is completely reliant apon his HB..........oh, well.....no no-handers for him!
Old 11-27-2007, 02:54 PM

samurai87 is a decent person

righteous you got some sick skills man learning hella fast!!! good for you bro!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:10 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John LegionST
..... or a stoppie (plowing the lot for 50 doesnt count), or burnouts, both ways comboing, or acros, or "OG" stuff... or... well you get the point...
ive been sayin that for awhile.

reality is that SS are 100 times easier than a staggered wheelie. thats why people jump the gun when they try both and go straight to the HB SS.

its been asked MANY times already but ill ask it again. how many people do you see out there that can do circle combos but cant even do a stand-up NH or sit down NH?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Zackie Chan
come on man. You know if you brake your hand brake lever your done riding cause you dont know how to use the foot brake. You know how i know your gay? You do foot drag sit downs with a hand brake.

NOW THAT WAS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 03:13 PM

Lil Krazy is a decent person

Didnt Joe Dryden Win Stuntfest 07 w/o a handbrake?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:19 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by Lil Krazy
Didnt Joe Dryden Win Stuntfest 07 w/o a handbrake?
HAHAHA, no he definately had one...

you're probably mixing up something else that has something to do with him and HB's... he didnt find out til a little before the event that it was longest SS coaster, not regular coaster... so he had a week or two to practice up on SS/HB coasters... and still did very well... hope that clears it up (if i got any of that wrong sorry joe, please correct me)
Old 11-27-2007, 03:30 PM

skidmark is a decent person

Originally Posted by suicidl
Foot brake HB blah blah blah i love the hb because i ride for fun...
+1

I speak for myself here since I have no desire at all to compete or go anywhere in the sport who gives a crap if I have no FB skills. I was pretty good on the FB cuz that's how I learned, but now I use 90% HB, i've lost some good FB skills, and now ride with what looks like "no agression." I still do enough FB stuff to amuse myself

**** getting hurt doing dangerous/fast crap to work on my "bag of skillz". I was just out for 2 months for a crushed ankle/foot and I can't afford that kinda downtime again, for work and riding.

Long live the HB
Old 11-27-2007, 03:30 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

why does it bother people if some one can only do certain tricks ?

what if the guy killing hand brake combos doesn't want to do sit down circles ?

why does it matter ?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
why does it bother people if some one can only do certain tricks ?

what if the guy killing hand brake combos doesn't want to do sit down circles ?

why does it matter ?
im guessin cuz theres the HB "kings" out there that complain about the competitions they cant win because of their style.

so maybe this is just another way of sayin, "step up your game"????
Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by SIC J
im guessin cuz theres the HB "kings" out there that complain about the competitions they cant win because of their style.

so maybe this is just another way of sayin, "step up your game"????
oh ,well in that case don't complain about them just keep handing them there asses and then they will get it....lol

but as far as most riders go do whats fun thats what i do some times i do nothing but stoppies for the whole night and some times i will do nothing but sit down circles it depends on how i feel that night
Old 11-27-2007, 03:53 PM

Guru is a decent person

wait a second..... what the hell is a foot brake????
Old 11-27-2007, 04:20 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by samurai87
righteous you got some sick skills man learning hella fast!!! good for you bro!
Thanks, Sammy. Some guys on here have learned 20 times as much as I have in the same period of time, but they have also taken a hit in the pocket-book from the daily crashes. I just take things at my own comfortable pace, and luckilly enough........haven't crashed YET. I think that's a big difference between guys that are attempting to make something from their skills, and guys like me who do it for fun. A guy like me has years to learn whatever it is I want to do, and the striving "professional" has to be on top of his game at all times, learning new tricks constantly. A striving pro has to ride outside of his comfort zone on a regular basis, where as I can ride within my comfort zone every day until I feel 100% ready to try that new trick.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:23 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by numberTWO
I have noticed a lot lately that people are kinda anti-handbrake. I think footbrakes are fun and all, but they are kinda limiting. Handbrakes open up like 100x the tricks over a footbrake. Lets hear some opinions.
because of handbrakes, what we do is not stunting, its just freestyle.

handbrakes took the danger out of the sport, and because of that it loses respect in my eyes.

that being said, i still love my handbrake and its the most fun thing since coasters
Old 11-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeM
because of handbrakes, what we do is not stunting, its just freestyle.
Whamey.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 PM

numberTWO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T-NECK
Whamey.
"WHAMMY"

Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by numberTWO
"WHAMMY"

"Number Two"

lol
Old 11-27-2007, 06:44 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

t neck you smell like vinegar!!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:45 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
HB's are great when used appropriately....the only reason peeps hate on them is because newbies think they are heros bc they can do the 'same **** you guys were doing five years ago in one day', not realizing that hb **** is pretty basic.

HB def opens up options, i htink Darius pushed the envelope a couple years ago with it and showed everyone what you could do with it, and i think the AZ kids are doing the same thing now...same with the FL crew.

buuuuuut, IMHO, HB tricks are simply HB tricks. for example, it took less than three tries to do all the blindside stuff. it took two seconds to do those stupid stall combos (nice flavor, but i hate that ****. too slow, and is it really a trick at all? to me, stall combos when you jump from the ground are similar to bar tricks...no practiced skill. either you can or you can't. dont get me wrong bc i know some of you are, its cool, but to put that into a comp run is almost pointless unless you can do the hardest variation everytime....there are a few things in HS 666 that i like however).

the other basic reason HB lovers suck is because thye make everyone into a Darius wannabe...sooooo damn slow and there is virtually no aggression or speed whenmost riders use the HB.

as for foot brake stuff...sit down O's are obvi gangster as are NH o's...something many, many, many riders stiilllllllll cant do. and there are def some super sick variations and style O's to be done on the footbrake.

put it this way: how long did it take average rider to learn NH o's and sick, style NTH O's....then see how long it took that same rider to learn SS O's, ralph louie O's, frog O's, etc...HB circles are all basically the same, do one, you can do them all almost. case in point again: HC O's...so many guys doing them but those same guys can't put their foot int he trunk/bar/seat and do anything.

you see my point i hope, not hating on anyone or anytyhing, and using somewhat exaggerated examples.

Might as well close the thread after that post.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:46 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Big R 508
found it

That picture blew my mind once upon a time.

Quick Reply: What do people have against handbrakes???