What do people have against handbrakes???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice
Re: What do people have against handbrakes???

Originally Posted by numberTWO
Gangster...aren't you meaning circle combos with no brake at all?
yes sir
Old 11-27-2007, 12:15 PM
DEAD BABIES SYNDICATE

danherz is a decent person

Originally Posted by PrettyBoyStuntz
i think theres a lot of hate on handbrakes because of all the new peolpe that come into the game and just have to have a handbrake. Im not talkin **** as ive only been stuntin for 2 years. But I Kknow i learned all the footbrake **** before I went to a handbrake. People know are throwing a handbrake on right off the bat and have no clue how to use footbrakes. sit down no handers, sit down coasters etc... not saying its everyone but there are a lot of handbrake stunters out there
+1
I am a firm believer that a new rider shouldnt have one until they can seat stander, spreader etc without one. Throttle control is really important. To me stunting was more gangster before they were popular. Now any newb can throw one on and rock a seat stander.

I couldnt tell ya how many times i ate **** learning to scrape seat standers and spreaders on my 900 w/o a handbrake(yes it is possible!!) Luckily never ate it on a high chair lol.

To the dude on page one who said your stupid not to rock one, its called "stunting" for a reason man.

As for a no hand brake comp, i think that would be dope!! sign me up!!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person

I'd rather not loop my bike and die doing a highchair

+1 for HB
Old 11-27-2007, 12:29 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i learned ss spreaders and highchairs with out a hand brake but why not have one there for learning ?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:33 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

Originally Posted by f4izzy
using rear brake is using rear break... jus some of the old timers are frustrated cause new guys can do the same stuff they can do but they learned it faster wit the hand break...
no they cant do the same stuff... you obviously didnt read, are missing the point or both...

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
HB's are great when used appropriately....the only reason peeps hate on them is because newbies think they are heros bc they can do the 'same **** you guys were doing five years ago in one day', not realizing that hb **** is pretty basic.

HB def opens up options, i htink Darius pushed the envelope a couple years ago with it and showed everyone what you could do with it, and i think the AZ kids are doing the same thing now...same with the FL crew.

buuuuuut, IMHO, HB tricks are simply HB tricks. for example, it took less than three tries to do all the blindside stuff. it took two seconds to do those stupid stall combos (nice flavor, but i hate that ****. too slow, and is it really a trick at all? to me, stall combos when you jump from the ground are similar to bar tricks...no practiced skill. either you can or you can't. dont get me wrong bc i know some of you are, its cool, but to put that into a comp run is almost pointless unless you can do the hardest variation everytime....there are a few things in HS 666 that i like however).

the other basic reason HB lovers suck is because thye make everyone into a Darius wannabe...sooooo damn slow and there is virtually no aggression or speed whenmost riders use the HB.

as for foot brake stuff...sit down O's are obvi gangster as are NH o's...something many, many, many riders stiilllllllll cant do. and there are def some super sick variations and style O's to be done on the footbrake.

put it this way: how long did it take average rider to learn NH o's and sick, style NTH O's....then see how long it took that same rider to learn SS O's, ralph louie O's, frog O's, etc...HB circles are all basically the same, do one, you can do them all almost. case in point again: HC O's...so many guys doing them but those same guys can't put their foot int he trunk/bar/seat and do anything.

you see my point i hope, not hating on anyone or anytyhing, and using somewhat exaggerated examples.
+99999999999999999999999999999999999999999

suming this thread up in my eyes at least:

HB tricks are generally easy to learn
HB = slow = boring (for the most part)
HB are needed for stunting today, but newbs need to realize there is more to stunting than them, a lot of harder stuff they are ignoring...
Old 11-27-2007, 12:34 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

I love HB's but i'm one of the old school guys that started in 01 when there was nothing! the biggest sprocket you could get was -1 +3 and if you could not use engine braking you you would crash!!! then came the 12 bar and big sprockets then HB's and so on!! it's evaluation! now it's been so long since I have done a HC past bp with out a HB i would probably crash and die!!!! I think thats why the old cats get mad about HD's are .....it took us mad time to learn a off peg trick back in da day!.. now A new guy can be on his bike for 3 months and kill ****!!! and that kinda eats at some people {I don't know why?} but it does! and all they have to take away from the guy who is killin it after 3 month is his HB!! i.e. it's the old "you think your good? try it like I had to do it and we will see boy" type of ****!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by thehate.
I love HB's but i'm one of the old school guys that started in 01 when there was nothing! the biggest sprocket you could get was -1 +3 and if you could not use engine braking you you would crash!!! then came the 12 bar and big sprockets then HB's and so on!! it's evaluation! now it's been so long since I have done a HC past bp with out a HB i would probably crash and die!!!! I think thats why the old cats get mad about HD's are .....it took us mad time to learn a off peg trick back in da day!.. now A new guy can be on his bike for 3 months and kill ****!!! and that kinda eats at some people {I don't know why?} but it does! and all they have to take away from the guy who is killin it after 3 month is his HB!! i.e. it's the old "you think your good? try it like I had to do it and we will see boy" type of ****!
"Evolution"

lol
Old 11-27-2007, 12:39 PM

SickF*ck6969 is a decent person

again, who really cares???

handbrakes arent going anywhere......they are here to stay.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by T-NECK
"Evolution"

lol
Grammar **** !!!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:42 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

It made alot more interesting without a HB back in the day. Learing slow HC without one. I remember tryin a HC scrape usin the clutch and engine brake. I did it but slammed down so hard I went through my upper on my old 750.

ahh...the good ole days....
Old 11-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
It made alot more interesting without a HB back in the day. Learing slow HC without one. I remember tryin a HC scrape usin the clutch and engine brake. I did it but slammed down so hard I went through my upper on my old 750.

ahh...the good ole days....
I cant tell you how many spreaders and HC's I looped on my old gsxr. Im glad I learned the way I did.

Ive still got the scars to prove it.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by T-NECK
I cant tell you how many spreaders and HC's I looped on my old gsxr. Im glad I learned the way I did.

Ive still got the scars to prove it.

+1... I broke my shoulder collapsed my left lung and had to get 54 stitches in my leg!! OHHH the good old days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:53 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

The only people who hate on HB's are the "OG's" .
As far as the HB being "easier to learn", Ive seen plenty of riders who kill the FB but are mediocre with the HB
Old 11-27-2007, 01:27 PM

mikkee is a decent person

Originally Posted by thehate.
I think thats why the old cats get mad about HD's are .....it took us mad time to learn a off peg trick back in da day!.. now A new guy can be on his bike for 3 months and kill ****!!! and that kinda eats at some people {I don't know why?} but it does! and all they have to take away from the guy who is killin it after 3 month is his HB!! i.e. it's the old "you think your good? try it like I had to do it and we will see boy" type of ****!
HaHa, good ****! I think its funny that some of the whatever you wana call it OG riders, not that I just started this **** yesterday but it's funny how ego ridden this sport is...

Stuntriding is an aquired talent which takes seat time, experience, and money/Sponsors to excel at a high level. Take any of these new guys that are killing it in a year or two, and give them the seat time, exposure, money to keep there bikes always in good shape, and the years stunting street bikes like those that been on top since early 2000 and they would be just as good if not better. Because there used to be only a handful riding at a certain level and now everyone seems to be killing it, they start to pull out little details like I use footbrake for this HB for that, back in the day I did this to keep their status above and beyond anyone else kills me. Knock that **** OFF
Old 11-27-2007, 01:32 PM

Zackie Chan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
The only people who hate on HB's are the "OG's" .
As far as the HB being "easier to learn", Ive seen plenty of riders who kill the FB but are mediocre with the HB
come on man. You know if you brake your hand brake lever your done riding cause you dont know how to use the foot brake. You know how i know your gay? You do foot drag sit downs with a hand brake.

ps. everyone nebbie should learn foot brake first.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 PM
ROWDY'S WHEELIES

atl freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zackie Chan
ps. everyone nebbie should learn foot brake first.
this thread should be closed after this post
Old 11-27-2007, 01:50 PM

John LegionST is a decent person

most people are missing the points others are making...

no one is saying we should stop using HB... and yes, having one there while learning is a good idea...

i guess the bottom line is that there is a LOT more to stunt riding than killing a HB, which is one of the easiest parts of stunting to learn (talking about more than wheelies here too)...
Old 11-27-2007, 02:13 PM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John LegionST

no one is saying we should stop using HB... and yes, having one there while learning is a good idea...

i guess the bottom line is that there is a LOT more to stunt riding than killing a HB, which is one of the easiest parts of stunting to learn (talking about more than wheelies here too)...
+1 just STER YOUR GAME UP many newbs whom are killing the hb arn't able to do fib O and definately not a sit down O
Old 11-27-2007, 02:18 PM

WADESEC518 is an unknown quantity at this point

the only problem i have with hb's is that most people are stuck in the lot trying to learn circle combos and forget that there are kids in minivans and off duty police officers that love seeing you tear up those same combos on the highways at 65+mph!! and then the worst part is when you parkinglot princess do make it out on the streets, you ride the **** of of your brakes because you've lost all sense of engine brake and throttle control from being in the lot all the time and you glow your rotors soooo bad that your brakes fade and you either crash or you burn thru a set of pads in one night and your back in the lot again cause you cant afford to replace your brake pads everytime you ride the streets..... hb's are great but learn how to use them when you NEED them! and get your *** out of the lot more often
Old 11-27-2007, 02:21 PM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John LegionST

+1 def agree with you on this one....i know a good amount of ppl that kill the handbrake and every combo u can think of and still cant roll 100ft endos then wonder why they cant compete with of mediocore ppl...

Quick Reply: What do people have against handbrakes???